Keegan = MVP

Keegan Murray is who Marvin Bagley wishes he was.

Or maybe who Kings fans wished Marvin Bagley was?

Edit: Might even be a good off-season topic but I wonder if, even tho he hasn't played an NBA game yet, would drafting Murray at #2 have lessened the sting if missing Luka? Say we replaced Bagley with Murray in that draft, would it have hurt a lot less if Murray was our get instead of Bagley over Luka?

It probably would have been some much more interesting conversations at the time.

Marvin who?

Vlade and traumatized Kings fans - name a more iconic duo. Passing over Luka. Passing to Horry. Passed off as a NBA GM.

I think most Kings fans wish to not even think about Marvin anymore. Marvin and Keegan are like chalk and cheese.

For the hypothetical question, not picking a potential Hall of Famer in the draft is always stupid.

Keegan Murray is who Marvin Bagley wishes he was.

Or maybe who Kings fans wished Marvin Bagley was?

Edit: Might even be a good off-season topic but I wonder if, even tho he hasn't played an NBA game yet, would drafting Murray at #2 have lessened the sting if missing Luka? Say we replaced Bagley with Murray in that draft, would it have hurt a lot less if Murray was our get instead of Bagley over Luka?

It probably would have been some much more interesting conversations at the time.
Interesting hypothetical.

If Marvin showed like Murray and carried a similar trajectory throughout the season, I think people still would claim Luka was (rightfully) the better prospect, but depending on how the season shook out (like if we made the playoffs), fans might not have been AS agitated.

So many what ifs.

If Marvin showed like Murray and carried a similar trajectory throughout the season, I think people still would claim Luka was (rightfully) the better prospect, but depending on how the season shook out (like if we made the playoffs), fans might not have been AS agitated.
People were actually OK with how Marvin played under Joerger as the team was fun and winning. Joerger did a good job of playing to the strengths of the players in the team.

2018 was a strong draft and Marvin was still all nba rookie first team. Also a finalist for that 2019 USA World Cup team. Made it as far as Fox.

Marvin just wasn't Luka, so he was never going to be accepted here. Was never going to work.

Kings lost before Marvin, when Marvin played, when Marvin was hurt, when Marvin was benched and when Marvin was traded. Will be nice when the Kings win and fans forget about Marvin.

If Marvin vs Keegan becomes the new comparison, then Kings fans just really don't want to move forward.

Accepted? Quite a a lot of people liked Bagley including me. What turned me against him was his me,me,me attitude after the team patiently waited for him to be healthy.

Oh and his failure to fix ANY of the problems with his game and improving what he did do well.

Accepted? Quite a a lot of people liked Bagley including me. What turned me against him was his me,me,me attitude after the team patiently waited for him to be healthy.

Oh and his failure to fix ANY of the problems with his game and improving what he did do well.
He's someone else's problem now. No need to keep the misery going is the point.

Keegan shines on his own and doesn't need to be propped up against someone Kings fans in general do not approve of.

Why you all got to mess with a fun thread for a Bagley rehash? Keegan Murray is slowly shaking his head at you all right now and deciding whether to also point a finger in your general direction.
Keegan slowly stares at pantone color charts for excitement online. I highly doubt he would spend time on a message board.

2018 was a strong draft and Marvin was still all nba rookie first team. Also a finalist for that 2019 USA World Cup team. Made it as far as Fox.

Marvin just wasn't Luka, so he was never going to be accepted here. Was never going to work.

Kings lost before Marvin, when Marvin played, when Marvin was hurt, when Marvin was benched and when Marvin was traded. Will be nice when the Kings win and fans forget about Marvin.

If Marvin vs Keegan becomes the new comparison, then Kings fans just really don't want to move forward.
If Marvin had stayed healthy and lead this team to the playoffs he'd have been forgiven. Let's not forget that the 2018-19 Kings were drastically better than almost any Kings team since Adelman left and the Dallas Mavericks that year. And expectations were high.

Instead, he missed the bulk of the next two seasons while Luka ascended. If the Kings had gone on to 46 wins instead, and maybe 50 in year 3 this is a different story.

There's so many parties at fault here it doesn't even matter. BW and Joerger for going public with their feud. Vlade for blowing the coaching vacancy. Luke for being just horrible at coaching. Coach Bagley for being just a total toxic piece of trash. The fans who never gave Bagley a chance. Bagley for giving up on Sacramento who took a big chance on believing in him.