Keegan Murray

Well, having watched the Kings give up 115 points every night since the Fox era, you certainly know soft when you see it.

Mentality is a skill. Yes, I agree. Toughness is an attribute, yes, I agree. Brown seems to be trying to instill that. That's good. This Kings, until proven otherwise, is not a tough team--physically or mentally.

Can you please find a quote from me saying anything other than Murray is a 4/3 version of Barnes, an elite shot, and a limited ability to face up, drive and score/create? He looks exactly like that.

Surprised you're disparaging Davis, when your whole spiel is Kingsfans shouldn't be Kingsfans, if they can't take anything more than a glass half full perspective. Oh, wait, never mind. You disparaged Bagley as well. Guess the colored glasses disappear the second they're off the Kings. Past results are not a guarantee for future performance, but it's impressive that after 16 years of being a featured team on the NBA's annual lottery show, your view is still full of half colored goodness. The rest of the league certainly don't see the Kings in a half colored way:

That is some shade right there. If that does not motivate every single person associated with the Kings organization I'm not sure what would. Draymond has been called a dirty player, maybe he is, maybe he is not. On the court, he certainly whines as much as ANY player in the Association. That said he is a multiple time NBA Champion and he just threw the Kings so far under the bus they will have to fight to see daylight.

That is some shade right there. If that does not motivate every single person associated with the Kings organization I'm not sure what would. Draymond has been called a dirty player, maybe he is, maybe he is not. On the court, he certainly whines as much as ANY player in the Association. That said he is a multiple time NBA Champion and he just threw the Kings so far under the bus they will have to fight to see daylight.
Yea, it is. I would love the Kings to go after Draymond when he's an FA after next year. He'll be 34, on the back side of his career, but his game has never really been about athleticism--between the ears or as my homie above would say: he has the right "mentality".

Draymond didn't call out the Kings, that waa the other guy who was being a douche. Draymond actually said the Kings will hopefully be good this year.

Can you please find a quote from me saying anything other than Murray is a 4/3 version of Barnes, an elite shot, and a limited ability to face up, drive and score/create? He looks exactly like that.
I dont need to. This right here is all I need.

Let me help you rephrase that properly so you can understand exactly where you are wrong.

Rookie Murray looks like a 4/3 version of prime Barnes.

Ftfy

I dont need to. This right here is all I need.

Let me help you rephrase that properly so you can understand exactly where you are wrong.

Rookie Murray looks like a 4/3 version of prime Barnes.

Ftfy
You're optimism is truly glass half full. A prime Barnes can face up, drive, and score in crunch time. Remind me of this assessment of yours when Murray does that this upcoming season. But, regardless of your rose colored assessment, the real world is not linear. It zigs and zags. And sometimes the floor falls out. If the world was linear, Tyreke would be a max player and a multi-year all star entering his 14th year in the league.

Draymond didn't call out the Kings, that waa the other guy who was being a douche. Draymond actually said the Kings will hopefully be good this year.
Yhall focused on Draymond when the real story was the laugh, hand clap, and acknowledgement of the Kings comment from Lebron. Draymond is a legit voice in the league, but this is Lebron's generation.

Yhall focused on Draymond when the real story was the laugh, hand clap, and acknowledgement of the Kings comment from Lebron. Draymond is a legit voice in the league, but this is Lebron's generation.
LeBron team won 3 more games, he just laughing at the joke. That Dan dude throwing the Kings under the bus is the problem.

You're optimism is truly glass half full. A prime Barnes can face up, drive, and score in crunch time. Remind me of this assessment of yours when Murray does that this upcoming season. But, regardless of your rose colored assessment, the real world is not linear. It zigs and zags. And sometimes the floor falls out. If the world was linear, Tyreke would be a max player and a multi-year all star entering his 14th year in the league.
I will. And I will also point out how Barnes was never as efficient.

You should educate yourself and look at Barnes stats. Took him 5 years to average more than 11.7 ppg fam.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barneha02.html

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kind of hilarious the first game I watched, my proper introduction to him, was one of those games he didn’t and couldn’t buy a bucket for the life of him.

Iowa fan here who has followed Keegan’s career closely. Excited for you guys, you’re going to absolutely love this kid. Just a mature, first class individual from a great family. A+ off the court, great teammate, all of those things. But he is a stone cold killer on the floor whose only focus is winning. Has all the tools of you haven’t noticed. He’s really, really good, works very hard and is just scratching the surface. Keep in mind he was a late bloomer, had 40+ schools want him after his first prep school tournament but quietly decided on Iowa because his dad played there. So yeah, you probably don’t get him at 4 if he had been a Dukie. Good luck to y’all, know that a lot of us are cheering on from afar. P.S. Harrison Barnes stole the ball from me in 7th grade and threw it down, sending me to the floor and the ER for stitches. Got the scar on my chin to prove it! Kings!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Get that SLAB curse outta the way before the regular season
I was still whining, but I saw like 20+ or whatever in his first SL game box score, and was like “I guess I’m in.”

Then he scores like 6 on 1-14 or something stupid like that right before Ivey looks electric in his game. Lmao

A couple thoughts here.

A) if Murray keeps shooting defenders are going to have to close out hard and it will open up the ability to drive.

B) he is still a rookie who has a tremendous shot. My guess is he will learn from Barnes who has similar athletic talents.

I looked back on the draft thread..

There are a lot of happy fans here (including me) because of drafting Keegan. I think I said "100 out of 100 times you draft Keegan". hehe.. Others here that have good insight also picked Keegan. I think he has a great shot at ROY since Banchero wont be used correctly in Orlando.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

There are a lot of happy fans here (including me) because of drafting Keegan. I think I said "100 out of 100 times you draft Keegan". hehe.. Others here that have good insight also picked Keegan. I think he has a great shot at ROY since Banchero wont be used correctly in Orlando.
Banchero still my pick because he'll probably have fancy stats and that's what voters look at. But if we finish over .500 and Murray is hitting close to .400 on the 3 ball with similar numbers to what he has been putting up in SL and preseason it may be a different story.

Need to see a real NBA minute of course, but the early returns on #teamDraftKeegan basically could not be better.

I think Keegan will be the most efficient rookie for sure. Banchero will get a lot of shots up, but, either way ROY isn’t something i care about as much. I just want us to win games. The whole jumping for joy over awards and 20-5 and 5 Tyreke Evans meaningless stat days are prayerfully coming to an end.

This post made me look back on that thread too. I didn't rejoin until after the draft and only did because I was a huge Murray supporter and excited we did that right thing (WTG Monte - extend that man asap!).