Justin Jackson's career-high 28 points

I mean, he's more or less been a decent rotation player this season:

21 MPG
7 PPG
2.9 RPG
1.3 APG
57% TS
37% 3pt

5.9% TOV rate (fairly certain this is the best in the league)
.079 WS/48
.2 VORP

Actually has a positive ON/OFF rating which is surprising:
Offense: 113.5 ON || 114.9 OFF
Defense: 113.9 ON || 116.9 OFF
Net: +1.5 ON/OFF

Considering where he was last season, the fact that's he's developed into anything at all this year is a super positive development. He's not a starter and I'm not sure if he can ever get there, but he's absolutely earned his bench role.
his % was abysmal to start the season. he looked exactly like the next Ben Mac missing open 3's and not contributing anything else. im still extremely concerned with his rebounding at his height and position its still unacceptable

Oh yes that's who it was thank you so much for helping me remember. I'm not normally this revenge oriented, but the smearing of a good man's name (JJ) I cannot abide, when it was as nasty as that. @Kingsfan2002 I'm here when you're ready to try the new buffalo crow wing special.
don't worry im not eating anything. he had a great game. it was fun to watch. he's been playing better lately. again lately.

I really think you need to check yourself as far as the smearing his name nonsense. is that what I did? im sorry dude. at every turn I've always pointed out he's a hard worker its not like he's not trying. he's also a great guy and teammate. I've said that numerous times people! I didn't make anything up about him or accuse him of something or call him names or attack him as a person.

he simply was not playable and was straight garbage for so far his entire nba career minus this last run of games. I really really hope he continues to improve. Im rooting for him. he would be a great help to this team if he can hit open 3's and actually defend a little bit. I can admit he's playing well. right now.

Last edited:
I wish Giles had been on JJ's program of getting force fed minutes before earning them. Maybe we would have already seen a similar growth curve from him.

Jackson is long at 6'8'. He matches up with players like Devin Currant just fine. But he is a kind of a 5'10' guy stretched out another foot. I hope he can get stronger because he has the talent to go with plenty of guys in the league. It is a bonus to think of him as a strong defensive player. The Kings' defense continues to improve because of guys like Jackson and their level of effort.
The funniest description I've read of him.

Are we suddenly NOT so willing to include JJ in a trade for otto porter???
Porter makes $28/mil a year. He's not worth that. Especially since in the last 20 games, Jackson is putting up offensive numbers similar to Porters BEST years. JJ shooting 45% from 3. Maybe Porter gives you a bit more defensively, but $28 million more? Nah. We're not winning a title this year. Let's see what JJ turns into and spend that huge salary on someone else.

Justin Jackson is finally starting to look like a legitimate bench/backup player that can actually help a decent team. He can be useful off the bench. All he has to do is play good defense, finish on the fast break, rebound a little, and especially hit wide open 3's (which he still misses all too often at key times). His basketball IQ is decent, his athleticism his decent, and he's got long arms so the basic tools are there.

In the offseason though he really needs to hit the weight room hard and put on 20 LBS of muscle before next season. He's still way too thin and he'd have more success on both ends (especially offensively) if he put on some weight. He gets a lot of his scoring on slashing and mid-range floaters but he'd be much more effective as a finisher if he had some more size and didn't get pushed around too easily. He's going to be 24 in March so they're is really no excuse for him looking like he has the body of a 19-20 year old rookie anymore.

He also needs to fix the form on his jump shot. Tighten it up. His form really isn't great and he's inconsistent with his release.

So while he's looked better the last month and especially lately there is still room for growth. I think with Justin it comes down to how bad does he want it? All he has to do is look at the work ethic of a guy like Buddy Hield (who is only a few years older) and see what spending an extraordinary amount of time in the gym can do for a player who may not be the most physically gifted.

Why dont these guys "put on weight" during the season. I dont understand why this is mostly an offseason thing especially considering how short the offseason is.

Why dont these guys "put on weight" during the season. I dont understand why this is mostly an offseason thing especially considering how short the offseason is.
Probably because they're running most of it off during the season with all the cardio they do. Plus I don't know this as a fact or anything but I'd assume that they don't hit the weights super hard either because you don't want to be really sore or cramping during games due to lifting heavy. I imagine during the season they hit the weights to maintain and then during the offseason they go heavy to put on muscle.

Probably because they're running most of it off during the season with all the cardio they do. Plus I don't know this as a fact or anything but I'd assume that they don't hit the weights super hard either because you don't want to be really sore or cramping during games due to lifting heavy. I imagine during the season they hit the weights to maintain and then during the offseason they go heavy to put on muscle.
This is true. Most basketball players are extremely thin with high metabolisms to begin with and it's hard to put on weight. Once the season starts, the even burn off some of the weight they worked to gain in the offseason. Lifting heavy weights to bulk up during the season will definitely affect their shot. Some interior players can get away with it, but most don't do it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's difficult putting on lots of muscle mass during the season because they are constantly running up and down the court at their pace and boarding planes and that takes a lot out of the body. Muscle is also built when you are resting more so than when you are constantly in the gym and the players will learn that as they get up there in age.

This is true. Most basketball players are extremely thin with high metabolisms to begin with and it's hard to put on weight. Once the season starts, the even burn off some of the weight they worked to gain in the offseason. Lifting heavy weights to bulk up during the season will definitely affect their shot. Some interior players can get away with it, but most don't do it.
Which is why the Lebrons of the world are so rare and have such an advantage. Wait I guess there is only one... so... singular...

He played very well in Orlando and first half against the Suns but when the pressure was turned up in the 2nd half by Obure/Warren/Jackson (Suns) went back to being a G-Leaguer.

He played very well in Orlando and first half against the Suns but when the pressure was turned up in the 2nd half by Obure/Warren/Jackson (Suns) went back to being a G-Leaguer.
In no way is it reasonable to think JJ is gonna matchup defensively with TJ Warren...

Oubre and Jackson are also very difficult matchups both have the strength and athleticism advantage. Oubre can really put the ball on the floor too, he was hot in that 4th q.

In no way is it reasonable to think JJ is gonna matchup defensively with TJ Warren...

Oubre and Jackson are also very difficult matchups both have the strength and athleticism advantage. Oubre can really put the ball on the floor too, he was hot in that 4th q.
I meant offensively he went back to doing nothing I don't expect anyone on our team other than maybe Shumpert to be able to match up with Warren that's completely unrealisitc