It's a winner, IMO

Trade ID #4757221

Dallas trades Dampier and gets Brad Miller

Detroit trades Tayshawn Prince and gets Kenny Thomas and Shelden Williams and NY Knicks 1st Round Pick in 2011

Sacramento trades K9, B52, and Williams for Stephon Marbury

The Knicks trade Marbury and a 1st round pick for Tayshawn Prince and Dampier.

We get out from under all of our bigs and their contracts a year early! Why not? Small Ball anyone?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Marbury? No thanks. Not that it's going to happen anyway. Detroit trades Tayshawn Prince for Kenny Thomas????? I threw up in my mouth just a little at that point.

Geez.....

Trade ID #4757221

Dallas trades Dampier and gets Brad Miller

Detroit trades Tayshawn Prince and gets Kenny Thomas and Shelden Williams and NY Knicks 1st Round Pick in 2011

Sacramento trades K9, B52, and Williams for Stephon Marbury

The Knicks trade Marbury and a 1st round pick for Tayshawn Prince and Dampier.

We get out from under all of our bigs and their contracts a year early! Why not? Small Ball anyone?
Thomas and Sheldon for Prince????? are you kidding me?? thats a terrible deal, they should trade thomas and sheldon for lebron james... that works on realgm trade checker id 4757230.

Personally I'd rather have lebron compared to prince

:rolleyes:

Detroit does it because they was to be a part of the FA 2010 class. And they get a 1st round pick, from someone and maybe a 2nd rounder too. So two "timely" expiring contracts and a 1st round pick and maybe a 2nd rounder for tayshawn aint that bad. Prince was great in 2004, but Detriot has a logjam at the sf/pf, and prince is pricey even for his talents. I agree that Detroit would have to swallow a little bit, but, it gives them a chance to get a superstar if they don't resign sheed. Salary wise, it allows Detroit to pay everyone who works for their organization very fairly without compromising future salary cap infractions. Rip and Sheed, resign at a lower rate, so let's assume 6 million for Rasheed and 6 for Rip 5 for Amir Johnson and 6 for Maxiell with 14 going to Chauncey. the magic number is 37, but lets assume its 47 because of 2 late 1st round pick signings and inflation for rip and sheed. They would be able to throw a max or near max contract in 2010, back loaded obviously. Detroit may have to chuke today, but in 2010, they might be looking at making a major splash via FAcy. Dallas would need some cash considerations to do it. And the more i look at this trade, NY would need a more considerations as well, and sacramento would definitely be biting the bullet on this one.

Last edited:
Marbury? No thanks. Not that it's going to happen anyway. Detroit trades Tayshawn Prince for Kenny Thomas????? I threw up in my mouth just a little at that point.

Geez.....
You know what makes me throw up in my mouth? Thinking about how much time you spend on this site.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You know what makes me throw up in my mouth? Thinking about how much time you spend on this site.
Ahhh, if your talking about VF21, she's the moderator, or at least one of them. Its sort of an obligation, you know? If your talking about FakeInjury, he's sort of like me. He has no where else to go. I don't know about him, but I just want to be loved..:p