IST Championship Open Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do I respond to this with a joke about guarding needing to be in quotes or an honest question about who on the Pacers can defend? Turner, I guess?
You’d think they’d at least try to put Bruce Brown on him or something but Tyrese is legitimately the third tallest guy in their starting lineup so I guess he’s the closest they have to a wing defender on their roster.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Benn keeps isoing up random Celtics and looking off Tyrese which seems incredibly counterproductive even if he occasionally figures out a way to score.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Benn was looking so good the first half of last season and since then it seems he has gone into business for himself and hasn't played defense since he left Arizona. Is this some kind of Buddy Hield effect? I know he's Canadian but he is also of Haitian descent, maybe they have some Caribbean kinship?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is some pretty ugly basketball which favors the Celtics. Every single Pacers fast break pretty much has ended with someone fumbling a pass or throwing a weak floater directly into the waiting hands of a Celtic.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Aside from one ridiculously deep three, Tyrese has not played his best basketball. Not sure how healthy he is tonight.

Jrue is so freaking good at defense, man. Just making every single Celtic guy in front of him go through hell.
We’ve gotten the full experience. He had a great off ball deny of Tatum, the. A deep contested 3, then abused on a drive where he gave up, then an air balled 3. That’s was like 2 minutes…

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really nice stretch by Tyrese here. Unfortunately the Pacers best defender tonight has benn the Celtics bad decision making.