Info from Camp

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/monarchs/story/12790705p-13641464c.html

Nice info. :)

"I've got 14 players here and only three have played for me before," said coach and general manager John Whisenant.
Those three veterans with prior Monarchs experience are all guards: Kara Lawson, Hamchétou Maïga and Ruthie Bolton.
"We don't have enough of our post players in camp yet to run scrimmages," Whisenant added. "We have a lot of new players learning a lot of new stuff. The talent is there, but we've got a lot of rough edges."

Good quote from Ruthie. :D

"Some of my friends told me I didn't have anything left to prove," said Bolton, who turns 38 on May 25. "But when I retire, I want it out of my system. I've still got the itch to play."

Best of luck to all the players in camp.

Training camp photos ----

Hey, monarchgamespictaker -- Are you going to post your link to the Training Camp gallery here?

Great candid snapshots of many of the players!!!!!

Thanks for the link! It was great to see the photos from training camp. With the Kings' season over, I'm even more anxious for the Monarchs to start.

I also like the Ruthie quote. That woman has the heart of a champion, and that is something that you just can't teach.

S

sleepypee

yeah,did you hear how that white girl did????ask please????ask me if everyone on the team wants to play with her cause she is the real deal!!!!

Sweat is a good thing

The Sweat means she is working.

She use to sweat like that in her Washington uniform.

If the "White Girl" is sweating, good things are happening.