I have decided to take a break from the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.. I don’t post here much, but I have been a fan for almost 20 years, and I created an account here almost 11 years ago.

We had two incredible milestones along the way - saving the team from relocation and a new ownership led by vivek. But I can’t mention one milestone that has to do with basketball itself.

There’s a song from where I come from “everything that could go wrong will go wrong”.
I think of how we traded isaiah thomas after a fantastic rookie year for nothing. I think of jimmer, thomas robinson, nik stauskas and more players we drafted who just busted out. I think of how we traded an allstar, healthy boogie cousins for buddy hield. I think of how we fired malone who is now doing a tremendous job for the nuggets.

But this is what really broke me..
I saw how Sergio Llull, the Real Madrid superstar tear his ACL, and then a 19 y/o kid came off the bench to replace him. The kid was destroying europe like it’s World War One. was the youngest ever to win euroleauge mvp. Then we got the #2 pick. I changed my forum signature to “Luka Doncic is COMING”. Luka proved himself by outplaying adults, not other 19 year olds. He was literally the safest pick in the draft. I really, really, really have no idea how valde sleeps at night.

I will stay a fan,100%. But I will be distancing myself emotionally, at least for a season or two.
Hats off to you guys for managing to stick around… See you soon.

I have to admit...I feel you. Their performance in the bubble really hit me hard. I was excited for the return...seemed like the perfect scenario for a young team to sneak into the playoffs. And then they pooped the bed.

I’ve gone from looking for property in the area and getting season tickets to complete apathy in the span of week. Hopefully it’ll pass sooner rather than later.

But this is what really broke me..
I saw how Sergio Llull, the Real Madrid superstar tear his ACL, and then a 19 y/o kid came off the bench to replace him. The kid was destroying europe like it’s World War One. was the youngest ever to win euroleauge mvp. Then we got the #2 pick. I changed my forum signature to “Luka Doncic is COMING”. Luka proved himself by outplaying adults, not other 19 year olds. He was literally the safest pick in the draft. I really, really, really have no idea how valde sleeps at night.

I will stay a fan,100%. But I will be distancing myself emotionally, at least for a season or two.
Hats off to you guys for managing to stick around… See you soon.
Also leaving this forum for a long while. Was sick of hearing so many posters here talk about how Bagley was a better player and a better fit. Was tired of people who were wrong at every single turn delude themselves into talking them out of Doncic. "too slow" "not a winner" "will be a solid player but not all nba potential." Do you people remember writing that crap? It was a terrible move then and it only got worse now. Then it was the "be patient" crowd until they stopped saying that. It's the same thing over and over. The kings make the wrong moves and put out a crap lineup. The deluded fans talk themselves into empty stats or how we have all star talent and potential. No. They're always wrong. They've been wrong for 15 years. And it's ridiculous how they keep sucking the vivek teet or the vlade teet until too late. I'm with you.

Also leaving this forum for a long while. Was sick of hearing so many posters here talk about how Bagley was a better player and a better fit. Was tired of people who were wrong at every single turn delude themselves into talking them out of Doncic. "too slow" "not a winner" "will be a solid player but not all nba potential." Do you people remember writing that crap? It was a terrible move then and it only got worse now. Then it was the "be patient" crowd until they stopped saying that. It's the same thing over and over. The kings make the wrong moves and put out a crap lineup. The deluded fans talk themselves into empty stats or how we have all star talent and potential. No. They're always wrong. They've been wrong for 15 years. And it's ridiculous how they keep sucking the vivek teet or the vlade teet until too late. I'm with you.
This is it in a nut shell. Even many of the smarter posters here, who should absolutely know better, talk themselves into the same delusions. And are completely oblivious of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.