How much are the Kings missing Vlade?

S

Smart_guy3

I'm not talking about his passing which we could've used his passing right now btw, but I'm talking about his leader-ship and his will to regroup the guys in the locker-room It's so frustrating to see this team have no real leader.

again I think this might've been discussed serveral times but seriously how much do we miss him? A WHOLE LOT!

Vlade

Some time back, I suggested the Kings needed him back but got little agreement. Not to play, at this point, but the Maloofs should have made a move to get him as an asst coach or in the front office but were pre-empted by the Lakers (ugh!), who just gave him what I believe is a 5 year contract to scout overseas for them!

S

Smart_guy3

Why don't the Kings, try bringing Vlade back to the Organization why is he with the Lakers???

S

Smart_guy3

L.A. to Sacramento is only 4-5 hours away depends on the traffic... Vlade can always work for the Sac while her wife Ana is in LA...

Kings need VLADE!

Smart_guy3 said:
Why don't the Kings, try bringing Vlade back to the Organization why is he with the Lakers???
You sure do ask a lot of questions for a smart guy

Smart_guy3 said:
Thoughts????
Smart_guy3 said:
Are you Serious?!?!?? Wow ....
Smart_guy3 said:
Even though we lost those games I would like to get a copy of them are you gonna ask for $$$ Hoopsfan and for how much?
Smart_guy3 said:
Who cares about Kobe?
Smart_guy3 said:
Bibby is a SG?
Smart_guy3 said:
Were will Deng start?
Smart_guy3 said:
What did Jamal ever do?
Smart_guy3 said:
I know this has been discussed serveral times over the course years but realistically do we even know Peja practicing any kind of Defense over the summer?
Smart_guy3 said:
Was this thread even nessesary?
Smart_guy3 said:
How can you say you don't care?
Smart_guy3 said:
With the way there playing what else can you do?
Smart_guy3 said:
You even want Bibby; gone?
Smart_guy3 said:
I'm a hardcore Kings fan VF can you blame me?
Smart_guy3 said:
Or is the clock ticking away slowly? honestly, I just don't know what to say anymore last thing I needed was breaking my TV control when I watched the Kings play the Cavs IS THERE HOPE!!!!????

Sorry, just having a little fun with you, Merry Christmas?

Last edited:
D

DaKings

God Vlade has been the glue for so long gave us so many great moments. I took a picture with Vlade when I was 10 at the LAX airpot. Its so funny to see the picture now. If he wasn't carefully he could probably step on my without noticing. I have a feeling Vlade might come back to be a King in the next few years.

I heard a rumor he might be playing in Spain for a few years. I thought he was hurt.

Vlade is an overseas scout with the Lakers. He's not really doing alot of work. He's actually doing what he loves in Europe, going to games basketball over there. Then he just reports to their organization which player is doing well.

T

thesanityannex

Smart_guy3 said:
L.A. to Sacramento is only 4-5 hours away depends on the traffic... Vlade can always work for the Sac while her wife Ana is in LA...
!
You have never taken the trip I take it.

Vlade brought a lot of "intangibles" to our team. Not only was he a good player but he was a link between players. He is the sort of person that brings everyone together. Not only was he a link between players themselves but he was also a link between players and coaches. Even Adelman himself said once that Vlade was like his right hand man.

Vlade is the sort of person that brings everyone together and thats what is severely missing at the moment. This team has no chemistry off the court. As such there is no way in hell they will have chemistry on it.

D

DaKings

Čarolija said:
Vlade brought a lot of "intangibles" to our team. Not only was he a good player but he was a link between players. He is the sort of person that brings everyone together. Not only was he a link between players themselves but he was also a link between players and coaches. Even Adelman himself said once that Vlade was like his right hand man.

Vlade is the sort of person that brings everyone together and thats what is severely missing at the moment. This team has no chemistry off the court. As such there is no way in hell they will have chemistry on it.
Amen I would say that Vlade is one of those rare players that comes once in a blue moon, like Magic johnson they are hard to find and harder to replace.

P

pedro

Smart_guy3 said:
I'm not talking about his passing which we could've used his passing right now btw, but I'm talking about his leader-ship and his will to regroup the guys in the locker-room It's so frustrating to see this team have no real leader.

again I think this might've been discussed serveral times but seriously how much do we miss him? A WHOLE LOT!
Why was that dude, banned. He made a lot of sense. I agree, vlade is missed badly. We need a decent backup center and some bench help. Sign macijauskas. Make it so, petrie.

Entity

Hall of Famer
just to answer the question of the thread. I would say none. I is crazy to keep talking about players of years past. I mean how much do the Lakers miss Shaq or Chicago miss MJ or Celtics miss Bird. it goes on and on and if you and the media keep dwelling on the past and the players see this in the papers and on talk shows it gets in their head and makes them feel as if they are nothing. Lets all get up and cheer for THIS Kings team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Entity said:
just to answer the question of the thread. I would say none. I is crazy to keep talking about players of years past. I mean how much do the Lakers miss Shaq or Chicago miss MJ or Celtics miss Bird. it goes on and on and if you and the media keep dwelling on the past and the players see this in the papers and on talk shows it gets in their head and makes them feel as if they are nothing. Lets all get up and cheer for THIS Kings team.
WORD!

Entity said:
I agree with what you are saying. The angle I was coming from is slightly different. Of course we need to move on and support this team because like it or not these are still the Kings and they need our support.

I guess I was looking at this from a bit of a different "dream pipe" perspective. This current team is made up of some really contrasting characters that do not appear to have that commoradery thats we got used to seeing in the last 7 odd years. This current team is probably in much greater need of a character like Divac than the teams gone by.

This team has talent. Its mismatched talent but its still a pretty good talent. The problem is that this team doesn't apper to get on well together. It looks like to them its only a job. They rock up to traning sessions, jack up a couple of shots, watch a few videos, go home and come back for the game. It just doesn't appear like these blokes spend a lot of time with each other away from their "job".

When players are buddy's off the court, they play better on the court. Divac was the player that got everyone on the same page. We need a player like that to get this team on the same page.

Of course, we could do with a real superstar but since that looks unlikely we need a bunch of players that get along well together on and off the court. We need them to be a family, not work collegues.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was and always will be a huge Vlade fan. BUT Vlade never did have the killer instinct about basketball. After he and Peja won the International Title for their country, he seemed to feel even LESS inclined to really put it all out there on the court.

Don't get me wrong. Vlade did wonders for this franchise. I respect and admire him for that. And, even more so, I respect and admire him for what he's done off the court as a goodwill ambassador for the game of basketball AND as a voice for the children in need who had no voice before him.

Having said all of that, I think way too much emphasis is being placed on team camaraderie. I don't care if they socialize off the court; I don't care if they know each other's families. The whole idea that players do better when they're buddies off the court is misguided IMHO.

They don't need to be friends or buddies. They DO need to respect each other and, as I've said in another thread, they need to TRUST each other as paid professionals.

The touchy-feely stuff is fine, but it doesn't win championships. If I want a heart-warming experience, I'll get a dog. If I want to WIN a battle, I want the guy with the most brains, guts and skill standing next to me and I don't care if we don't get along off the court.