How do you feel about picking Evans?

How do you feel about us picking Tyreke Evans?

• Total voters
i was on my way home..radio announcer mentioned the 1-3 pick and i was like man, Kings can have Rubio at 4!!! i was even chanting Rubio to Sacramento!! came home to find out we picked Evans..:mad:

i just hope Evans turn out a lot better down the road for the Kings.

Not really happy

But all the analysts say Tyreke Evans was the 3rd best player in the draft. Hopefully Kings don't regret passing up on Rubio.

Welcome Evans!

I'm happy because the Kings had their pick between Evans and Rubio and didn't have their hand forced. Anybody here who believes they know with certainty who is going to be better is deluding themselves.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
???? Guys, this is about picking Evans. If you want to talk about trading Beno, etc. could you do it in a different thread? Thanks...

:)

First impression is I'm not happy. I like Evan's talent but I don't see him as a PG in this league, his passing is sub par, he dominates the ball, and he doesn't make his teammates better. I hope he can improve and learn to be a PG but I have serious doubts.

I just think that in 10 years when we look back at this draft, we will truly regret not picking Rubio.

That, however, doesn't mean that I'm ready to make threats at the Kings FO..:rolleyes:

I support Evans 150 %, and I hope I am proved wrong 200 %.

And to add my $.02... the Kings still desperately need a star. Not necessarily a PG... but a star. I think Evans has the best chance out of anyone in this draft to be a star. We had a chance to draft Rubio and passed... I'd have to think Petrie knows what he's doing. After the initial shock wears off, I think most of us will be happy about this pick in the long run.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm glad I made this a public poll because I honestly think some of you who are disappointed now will be very happy to admit you were wrong down the road. :)

I'm pretty happy with it. This gives us options honestly. We can keep Tyreke as PG, he can play tough D, get to the hoop, and do the things we need out of our backcourt. Also, this could be meant as a precursor to a KMart trade if we want to convert him back to SG. It allows us flexibility, should fun either way. (And for the record I was a Rubio Fanboi).

Not really happy

But all the analysts say Tyreke Evans was the 3rd best player in the draft. Hopefully Kings don't regret passing up on Rubio.

Welcome Evans!
tyreke evans may have been bpa, but rubio, for all his risk, has greater potential for high rewards, especially on a kings team desperate for a playmaker. evans is a combo guard. he was a talented combo guard in college, but players of his skill-level and versatility are a dime a dozen in the nba. natural playmakers with court vision and passing ability like ricky rubio are a special rarity. the kings are going nowhere fast, and rubio's learning curve would have been inconsequential as a result, imo. i believe the kings regret not drafting rubio in favor of a combo guard, just like they should regret drafting an undersized combo guard over rajon rondo...

tyreke evans was the safe pick. but this kings team doesn't need a safe pick, because what's one more safe, moderate talent actually going to add to this particular team? the kings consistently threw 100+ up on the scoreboard like it was no big deal last season. they don't need scorers. they need playmakers and leaders. they need a homerun, and while rubio is hardly a sure thing, there's potential for him to be a real homerun at the PG position. people question his speed, but anybody who has played basketball knows that the ball moves faster in the air than it does on the ground. in a half court set, rubio's got the basketball iq to make truly spectacular plays that this current kings team can't even sniff with their lack of playmaking ability. unless spencer hawes can really hone and trust his passing skills this offseason, while simultaneously becoming a brilliant high-post center, we're looking at another season of extremely low assist totals. that isn't gonna bring the fans back inside arco arena, and i don't anticipate tyreke evans will make much of a difference or impact, because his talent is duplicated by a number of other players already on this kings roster...

Last edited: