Hold onto your butts!

This teams biggest achilles heel is still manning the dry erase board. Good news being they took away his most dangerously self inflicting weapon from him. If you have a bad coach you like and don't want to fire then you box him into an optionless position which is basically what they've done. Good job Monte.
I'm not sure what you mean by this one. CoJo was one of the Kings worst players this year so he was great for the tank (Guy would have been better for the tank). Now his production will be replaced by Wright, who will more than likely play better than CoJo.

To me the team has been upgraded a little bit, which is great. Problem is that they're going to use the upgrade to drop down the lottery instead of being patient for a few months to try and land a more talented player in the draft and then hit the ground running next year with the new squad.

PG Fox, Delon Wright, Guy
SG Ty, Terence Davis, Ramsey
SF Buddy, Moe Harkless, DQJ, JJ
PF Barnes, Silva, Bagley(injured), Woodard, Kabengele
C Holmes, Whiteside, Metu

Thats 18, after Jabari gets cut
Who gets cut? Guy, Ramsey, JJ or Kabengele?

I'm not sure what you mean by this one. CoJo was one of the Kings worst players this year so he was great for the tank (Guy would have been better for the tank). Now his production will be replaced by Wright, who will more than likely play better than CoJo.

To me the team has been upgraded a little bit, which is great. Problem is that they're going to use the upgrade to drop down the lottery instead of being patient for a few months to try and land a more talented player in the draft and then hit the ground running next year with the new squad.
That was my point. Cojo was horrible and now they should in theory be more competitive. For the tank he was great but they are going for those play in spots so that doesn't matter anyway.

That was my point. Cojo was horrible and now they should in theory be more competitive. For the tank he was great but they are going for those play in spots so that doesn't matter anyway.
I get what you mean but do you think giving yourself a chance at merely competing for a play in spot is worth throwing away a potential top 5 pick in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
James Ham @James_HamNBCS
According to a league source, the Sacramento Kings are expected to release forward/center Mfiondu Kabengele. This move will bring the regular roster back to 15 players

Dude sat on the bench and cheered for ONE game, then was released the next day.
That must have been some pretty poor cheering.

I get what you mean but do you think giving yourself a chance at merely competing for a play in spot is worth throwing away a potential top 5 pick in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory?
My contention all year is this team is too good to be a top 5 pick team with or without Walton. I think Walton will always inhibit this teams success whether that goal is a top draft pick or to win games since he's flat out a mediocre coach who will find a way to stumble into a bad rotation or match up and not accomplish the goals set before him. That said, we saw him in the bubble win two meaningless games when he could have used that time to develop some young guys. He would have cleaned up on the back end this year and dropped the Kings down the draft order regardless. I have no doubt about that so they were damned if they did, damned if they didn't IMO. I mean, look at his style when down nearly 30 points in the 4th! He'll find a way to play a Cojo or Holmes until the final few minutes as it was. They aren't that far off from the mark with time left and no Cojo. There's a chance to make it into the postseason if they stay healthy.

That must have been some pretty poor cheering.
There was something about the Kings being extremely restricted about bringing him back if had a good showing to the end of the season. Something because his option had been declined and the Kings traded for him. Now that he has been waived does that change anything? Not that I think the Kings are going to have any roster spots open next year anyways ........

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What did we get out of the Kabengele deal for bailing out the Clips if we are just cutting Kabengele?
My thinking was that we may have brought Kabengele in as salary filler in a deadline trade that didn't work out.

Weird rules around the TPE we had not being able to be part of a package deal, by moving it for an expiring player you allow that to be part of a package to make salaries work. But then whatever deal we may have been working on fell through?

Otherwise, the other option was that something came up today out of the blue that we jumped on and then had to make a cut and we knew this guy wasn't part of the long term plan.

Since monte has taken over, i feel like we are about to see a move only to be consistently underwhelmed. He is making lateral moves over and over. Move a player with an expiring who cant help you, for 2 players on expirings who also cant help you. Let depth like giles and bazemore walk for minimum deals and replace them with less capable guys on minimum deals. Float trading bagley or buddy only for nothing to manifest. He is making deals that literally dont move the needle up or down either financially or performance wise. I feel he is pressing the gas and spinning the wheels only because he is making it look to his bosses that he is making moves. The only smart things i see from him is drafting Haliburton (should have been a no brainer) and not trading barnes for garbage. I actually in retrospect also think letting bogi walk was good, mostly because it allowed Halliburton to develop. Its like in a movie where they start to play a great theme song, only for the scene to change before the hook/beat drops. #nbablueballs.

Since monte has taken over, i feel like we are about to see a move only to be consistently underwhelmed. He is making lateral moves over and over. Move a player with an expiring who cant help you, for 2 players on expirings who also cant help you. Let depth like giles and bazemore walk for minimum deals and replace them with less capable guys on minimum deals. Float trading bagley or buddy only for nothing to manifest. He is making deals that literally dont move the needle up or down either financially or performance wise. I feel he is pressing the gas and spinning the wheels only because he is making it look to his bosses that he is making moves. The only smart things i see from him is drafting Haliburton (should have been a no brainer) and not trading barnes for garbage. I actually in retrospect also think letting bogi walk was good, mostly because it allowed Halliburton to develop. Its like in a movie where they start to play a great theme song, only for the scene to change before the hook/beat drops. #nbablueballs.
yeah if you were trying for the play-offs why lose Bazemore and Bogi. Especially if you are going to play 3 guards.

Was #12 a middling pick this past draft?

This shtick is tired.

I’ll never get fans that root for their team to lose. Then also mock and complain when actually are they are a terrible team. SMH.
Come on man, fans are rooting to not be stuck in the bottom middle for 14 years. Some of us want out of that cycle and since we can't sign premier free agents (and neither can all but about 6/7 franchises we are stuck with the draft.) Not hard to figure out.

The Dumars thing is always going to hang overhead too.

PG Fox, Delon Wright, Guy
SG Ty, Terence Davis, Ramsey
SF Buddy, Moe Harkless, DQJ, JJ
PF Barnes, Silva, Bagley(injured), Woodard, Kabengele
C Holmes, Whiteside, Metu

Thats 18, after Jabari gets cut
Who gets cut? Guy, Ramsey, JJ or Kabengele?
Hmmm .....Ramsey and Kabengele ....