Hold onto your butts!

Yeh whether we like it or not, we are going to try to make the playoffs this year unless something crazy happens in the next couple hours.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lmao, calm down.

We've taken on 2 young project bigs and got Delon Wright for free. Not exactly selling off future assets to make a push.
I’m actually not mad at the moves. If you get better (even slightly) by trading next to nothing and you’re mad there’s no helping you.

We’ll see how they impact the race and the final results might be annoying, but the team is better at the cost of nothing.

I’m actually not mad at the moves. If you get better (even slightly) by trading next to nothing and you’re mad there’s no helping you.

We’ll see how they impact the race and the final results might be annoying, but the team is better at the cost of nothing.
Yep. That's my feeling on Wright. It's not a "tank move" but when you essentially get him for free, it's hard to pass on that value.

I'm perfectly happy with the trades they've made but I'll show my angst because I'd rather have Wright, Davis and the 6th pick in the draft than Wright, Davis, a sorry push for the playoffs and the 12th pick.

I'm perfectly happy with the trades they've made but I'll show my angst because I'd rather have Wright, Davis and the 6th pick in the draft than Wright, Davis, a sorry push for the playoffs and the 12th pick.
I'd feel better about that playoff chance if walking net negative Marvin Bagley wasn't waiting in the wings to return for the final stretch of said playoff push.

But he's still here...

Kings have greater odds of having a worse pick tanking. Lotto was lucky once and Vlade blew it.

This teams biggest achilles heel is still manning the dry erase board. Good news being they took away his most dangerously self inflicting weapon from him. If you have a bad coach you like and don't want to fire then you box him into an optionless position which is basically what they've done. Good job Monte.

Mfiondu Kabengele – PF/C, 23, 6’9, 250 lbs, 27th pick in 2019, 1 year of NBA experience
Terence Davis – SG, 23, 6’4, 201 lbs, undrafted All-Rookie, 1 year of NBA experience
Delon Wright – PG/SG, 28, 6’5, 185 lbs, 20th pick in 2015, 5 years of NBA experience
Moe Harkless – SF/PF, 27, 6’7?, 7’2 wingspan, 220 lb, 15th pick in 2012, 8 yrs of NBA experience
Chris Silva – PF, 24, 6’8, 234 lb, undrafted, 1 year of NBA experience

Not bad.
Got rid of CoNO, and Bjelica, both of whom were not used properly.
Hopefully we get rid of JJ because he's not even an NBA quality player and Parker.

I'd feel better about that playoff chance if walking net negative Marvin Bagley wasn't waiting in the wings to return for the final stretch of said playoff push.

But he's still here...
This is the real issue to me. He clearly stunts this teams growth and potential so much everytime he’s on the floor and we have to consider how he fits because he was drafted so high but we are getting down to the wire here. Now you’ve backed yourself into a corner where you need to either flip him or Buddy come this off-season if we consider Holmes a part of our future, which by all signs it appears he is

This is the real issue to me. He clearly stunts this teams growth and potential so much everytime he’s on the floor and we have to consider how he fits because he was drafted so high but we are getting down to the wire here. Now you’ve backed yourself into a corner where you need to either flip him or Buddy come this off-season if we consider Holmes a part of our future, which by all signs it appears he is
I'm fine with it. None of the sellers got any sort of good value at the deadline. You're telling me Kings fans would have been happy with a RJ Hampton and a 2025 1st round pick (top 5 protected) haul for Barnes? Seems that everyone valued Gordon more than Barnes too, so the offers were likely worse.
Punt off the decision to the off-season and go from there. A decision always had to be made either now or before free agency with Holmes. It only becomes a mistake if Holmes walks for nothing.

Exactly!

We can't guarantee a high draft pick will even help (see Knicks this year).

James Ham @James_HamNBCS
According to a league source, the Sacramento Kings are expected to release forward/center Mfiondu Kabengele. This move will bring the regular roster back to 15 players

Dude sat on the bench and cheered for ONE game, then was released the next day.