Here's to a good season

First off, I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I joined KF. I was a junior in college back when I joined and I am now working in a casual game development studio. It's been a good ride here in KF and I look forward to many more seasons of talking kings basketball with you guys (even if I don't really post a lot lol).

I'm really glad that the Kings are still in the City of Sacramento (where I plan to go one day) and I hope all goes well with building a new arena.

So, the 2011-2012 NBA season is upon us, albeit a shortened one. I believe that this year's team, w/c obviously has some holes, will be very fun to watch (in a good and bad way). We have one of the more talented backcourts in the NBA and our starting center has the potential to be one of the very best in the league. Still, our problems now include the lack of a proven pass-first/facilitator PG, a really solid SF, and the lack of a true center to back up DMC. I hope our team's needs will be addressed as the season goes on.

I look forward to a great season of Kings basketball! Go Kings!

Last edited:
this is the most talented team we've had since the golden days. Its been a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ride for us, with brutal years consisting of mikki moores "And 1s" and greg ostertag dancing in a thong.. but i just want to give props to the Loyal Kings Fans for sticking thru it all. good things come when you wait, and now that we've seen "HELL" for the last 7 years or so (although its been a fun hell at times), we are going to appreaciate "Heaven" that much more when it comes.. which isnt just true in basketball, but in life aswell, i know from experience. We are on the right path, and all of us fans that stuck around deserve what we're about to experience as fans.

Sit back and enjoy the ride up from here Kingsfan's.

yea i totaly agree u never here nba tv or espn talk about the kings but i think were gona be a sleeper team and if we make playoffs watch out were gonna be one tough team!c ant wait till monday biether go kingsssssssssss!!!!!!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
The new roster is the ammo for the Kings cannon. Now lets see if the coaches can help them be "The gang who could shoot straight".

Yeah CANTTT WAIT. GO KINGS! never really post here that much but Love reading all of ur guys nonsense for the past years so Keep it up :) HAPPy HOLIDAYS!! and Lets go Get that 6th Seeeeeedddddddddd!!

For the last few years I've set myself up for disappointment by expecting a good Kings season and then being disgusted when it didn't happen. So this year I'm going into the season with no expectations. If they play great and make the playoffs, awesome. But if they don't, I'm not going to be shocked or alarmed. I'm honestly just happy that basketball is back and most importantly that the Kings are still Sacramento's team.

More than wins and losses, I’ll be paying attention to players. Mainly Tyreke and Cousins. How those two play will tell a lot about the future of the team. I’m hoping to see growth and improvement from both of them.

It's lots of fun when you have a team of players with lots of potential who haven't been a team before. Exciting to see day-to-day for their talent , their improvement, their learning to use each other, and if they are good guys like I think these guys are it's frosting on the cake. If all you want is a title please go somewhere else. Go Kings.

I have been saying in since it was reported that they would stay in Sac-Town, the Kings will hover around .500 this season. Next season, can be very dangerous. Everyone else is getting older. In the next 2-3 years the Kobe's, KG's, Allen's, Kidd's. Nash's, etc... will be leaving and the Kings players will still be around. The fruits are beginning to grow.

I’m really excited for this year. We just look like we have a solid, young and hopefully fun team. I have a feeling that we can sneak into the Playoffs. And honestly, we deserve it.

The one thing I’m looking forward to is seeing all these guys work together, move without the ball, and play team basketball.

I’ve started this #Believe and #2012Playoffs on Twitter. Hopefully it catches on with the fans, players and the rest of the city. We can do it. And after watching the Playoffs last year I’m ready for some Kings basketball in the post season.