[Game] HERE WE STAY Game Thread 2/28/11

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is it. Arco will be packed (coincidently it happens to be the arena's final game under the Arco Arena Banner, so this is the last time ever for Arco) so lets all get out there and bring the thunder!

There is really nothing that I could write that would sum up my feelings about this game, so instead I'll just post some videos I conveniently found on Youtube of some of the Sacramento Kings' best moments. (Note, we're only allowed 4 in a post, so if your favorite moment didn't make it on here, that's why.)

Game 5 Game Winner
Let's get Arco that loud tomorrow.

Doug Christie and Rick Fox Turn a Preseason Game into a Boxing Match
Doug immasculates Rick Fox. Then Shaq decides to get into it and Vlade gets involved.

Kevin Martin Makes the Spurs-Kings Series Interesting
In what is perhaps the highlight of his Kings career (and maybe his career in general), a young K-Mart scores the game-winning layup on Tim Duncan

Someone opens a Door, Lets in a Draft and Turns a Desperation Shot into a Game Winner
Donte Greene Exhibits Psychic Powers, Arco explodes as if we won Game 7.

That's all I've got for you. Go Kings and HERE WE STAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Been going to games since Arco 1. Was at the WCF, Mitch and Vlade's jersey's being retired, etc. The absolute loudest I have ever heard Arco was back when Brian Grant and The Animal were rookies, first time in a while SAC had a truly competitive team. SEA was in town and was up 16 or so and the Kings closed the game out on a 34 to 1 run. Absolute bedlam. As special as the WCF was, that game always stands out for me. I want that environment tommorrow night.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Been going to games since Arco 1. Was at the WCF, Mitch and Vlade's jersey's being retired, etc. The absolute loudest I have ever heard Arco was back when Brian Grant and The Animal were rookies, first time in a while SAC had a truly competitive team. SEA was in town and was up 16 or so and the Kings closed the game out on a 34 to 1 run. Absolute bedlam. As special as the WCF was, that game always stands out for me. I want that environment tommorrow night.
I have very very vague memories of the 1996 series (seeing as how I was 5 at the time) but I remember the warm-up standing ovation that seemed to go one for hours in game 3.

I have very very vague memories of the 1996 series (seeing as how I was 5 at the time) but I remember the warm-up standing ovation that seemed to go one for hours in game 3.
Remember that as well. The game I am referring to was a regular season game the year before they made the playoffs and played SEA. Both great moments though. Actually went to that playoff series too. Bought standing room. It was insane.

This is it. Arco will be packed (coincidently it happens to be the arena's final game under the Arco Arena Banner, so this is the last time ever for Arco) so lets all get out there and bring the thunder!

There is really nothing that I could write that would sum up my feelings about this game, so instead I'll just post some videos I conveniently found on Youtube of some of the Sacramento Kings' best moments. (Note, we're only allowed 4 in a post, so if your favorite moment didn't make it on here, that's why.)

Game 5 Game Winner
Let's get Arco that loud tomorrow

That's all I've got for you. Go Kings and HERE WE STAY
Amazing. I have not watched that entire sequence since it originally happened. Wish I was going tonight, but will be there in spirit!

GO KINGS!

STAY IN SAC!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately the loudest ever at Arco. Everyone was standing before the game and the buzz was super loud before the players even took the court.

Tonights 'game' isn't about the game at all...it's about Sacramento...it's about our civic pride, about how we WILL NOT allow anyone to ignore us!! Eff the city council for the last decade of inactivity in getting us an arena! Eff whoever else stood in our way...if this is to be the last sellout in Sacramento Kings history, let our voices be heard and remembered by Joe and Gavin and city council! We NEED a new entertainment venue/arena...with or without the Kings! With the importance of tonights game, bring your cowbells(even with the ban...who cares, we're desperate!!)bring your noise makes, scream and chant like you've never chanted before! WE ARE SACRAMENTO...AND WE WILL BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at that game too!!! I was voiceless afterwards!!! That wasn't loud, it was ear bleeding noise status! Lol That's definitely one of my most remembered Arco/Kings moments that I saw in person. I think another one was the first game Olden Polynice came back to Sac after talking all this mess on his way out...we gave him the biggest earful we've ever given anyone I think...'OP SUCKS' for 4 solid quarters! :D

I was at that game too!!! I was voiceless afterwards!!! That wasn't loud, it was ear bleeding noise status! Lol That's definitely one of my most remembered Arco/Kings moments that I saw in person. I think another one was the first game Olden Polynice came back to Sac after talking all this mess on his way out...we gave him the biggest earful we've ever given anyone I think...'OP SUCKS' for 4 solid quarters! :D
No sh*t. My ears were ringing for hours after that game. It was so loud/hot/frenzied in there that night, I got light headed and almost passed out from the sheer excitement of it all. Arco thunder at it's finest that night.
Yeah, OP was a clown.

I had upper level tickets (row K) for tonight, then my friend calls me this morning and says he has an extra seat in the lower level (row G). talk about a sweet upgrade :D can't wait for that thunder tonight

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I had upper level tickets (row K) for tonight, then my friend calls me this morning and says he has an extra seat in the lower level (row G). talk about a sweet upgrade :D can't wait for that thunder tonight
Make sure those upper-level tickets go to someone with a big voice!

According to amick the games not sold out so i checked out the arena map on the ticket site and there is high availability all round the upper tiers.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
People may have mixed feelings about this but if you want the Kings to stay, think about this. If the situation arises, I say give a standing ovation to the Maloofs. They are not heartless and in fact are very emotional. This could effect them in a very positive way as opposed to what they are hearing from the mayor and Sacramento Bee.

Before you thumbs down this idea, think about it. Cheer the people on who are still on the cusp of a decision. Every little bit helps and certainly can't hurt. I have huge respect for the Maloofs. Didn't say they were perfect but I really like them. With all their imperfections, they love basketball and have ALWAYS said they want to stay in Sacramento. If they leave, it's a montary decision and not one made from the heart or so is my reading of them.

People may have mixed feelings about this but if you want the Kings to stay, think about this. If the situation arises, I say give a standing ovation to the Maloofs. They are not heartless and in fact are very emotional. This could effect them in a very positive way as opposed to what they are hearing from the mayor and Sacramento Bee.

Before you thumbs down this idea, think about it. Cheer the people on who are still on the cusp of a decision. Every little bit helps and certainly can't hurt. I have huge respect for the Maloofs. Didn't say they were perfect but I really like them. With all their imperfections, they love basketball and have ALWAYS said they want to stay in Sacramento. If they leave, it's a montary decision and not one made from the heart or so is my reading of them.
This!!!^^^. And like I said in all my earlier posts about this situation...this is only 10% about the Kings and 90% about Sacramento needing a world class facility for entertainment/sporting events. Bring your cowbells(even if they did ban them, the arena may not be here much longer anyway, so who cares!), bring whatever noise you can along with your voice...SEND A MESSAGE!!!! Not only to Joe and Gavin, but to our city 'leaders' too!! We WILL not be' ignored and we NEED a facility to further contribute to the overall growth of the downtown area!!! Just look at San Francisco and the area around AT&T Park and what that stadium has done!! BRING THE THUNDER FOR SACRAMENTO!!!!!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
According to amick the games not sold out so i checked out the arena map on the ticket site and there is high availability all round the upper tiers.
They always withhold a set amount of seats for sales on the day of the game; I think this is mandated by the NBA but don't quote me on that. They are selling Standing Room Only (SRO) seats so I think they call it a sellout because of so few seats available until this morning.

Just went on ticketmaster and it looks like there's somewhere around a hundred or so tickets in the entire arena left. I'm sure most of them are single seats too.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
They always withhold a set amount of seats for sales on the day of the game; I think this is mandated by the NBA but don't quote me on that. They are selling Standing Room Only (SRO) seats so I think they call it a sellout because of so few seats available until this morning.
I think that's true. They want to encourage walk ups. I'd do it if I could walk. I've contacted my kids.

Wish i was there! only the atlantic standing in the way.

I will be up till 3am to watch my own pathetic form of dedication!

Looking forward to seeing the arena packed thats for sure!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Never thought I'd say this but I feel sorry for grant napear. Most of the callers he's getting tonight are as intelligent as a penut