Here We Build

It's a great outlet for the fans frustrations. It sends a message similar to the Here We Stay games. It's not a joke in the sense that mass opinion is very powerful. even more so if you offer up money behind it.

If this is legit I think its cool! Its a statement.

FWIW: 0.01% of the project has already been raised ($350,000,000 arena)

Last edited:
Shoot, I'd say even $10 million would be a media sensation all over the country. $50 million would probably be serious. That would be more than 15% of the project. If it was all private money the contractors wouldn't need to pay Prevailing Wages to their construction crew. That alone would save a bundle. For example: a commercial drywall hanger would earn $18 to $20 compared to $40+ (whatever the Prevailing Wage is set for the arena's county; Sacramento County?). All other trades would be the same... except maybe the steel erectors. (Look at me. Now I'm estimating the project. LMAO)

its all about getting businesses and former players pledging large amounts. the fact that they are just pledges gives donators security knowing they only have to pay it if it works. So you say to yourself, what is the largest amount im willing to pay to keep the kings here for sure? then you pledge that amount, great idea...but i wonder how collections would go

Dave has almost 100K pledged and Jiffy Lube pledged like 25k. If this could take off and we could get national media attention, we'd have a chance.
Exactly. This is why this is not a joke. The trending in twitter is already going off the hook. And this with most of the city asleep right now. Even Bobby Jackson is kicking in to help. And given the right kind of exposure, 10 million could be possible from private donations. And you saw what ArcoKings said about saving some labor costs with private funds, this has some real positve effect.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's a joke. The average man on the street will not fund an arena or whatever proportion that cities normally contribute but start with a 100 people donating $100 gets the attention of small businesses which might eventually get the attention of ex-players and then the big boys and gals.

Small starts with a grand vision can work and if it doesn't, what's lost? I have always thought that way and people who have started with me tend to fall to the wayside as my ideas get bigger but I know I can succeed. That's a personal shout out of course but thinking big is not a crime and can work.

I can't Twitter or tweet and can't read this. Don't know how. Facebook helps and so would a web site. I have unlimited space on a website (I use 60 gigs at present) and the amount of space this kind of thing would take up is very small. A $10 a month web site is all it takes. My ad on Facebook drives business to me. It costs money. I have free space but would be very uncomfortable letting someone have access.

The Here We Build movement has created a Facebook page.

59 folks have been added as a friend thus far.

I love what CD is doing. It also helps that he is a local celebrity here thanks to his radio job and has quite the following already.

What he is doing is bringing a smile to my face and I love it.

The Here We Build movement has created a Facebook page.

59 folks have been added as a friend thus far.

I love what CD is doing. It also helps that he is a local celebrity here thanks to his radio job and has quite the following already.

What he is doing is bringing a smile to my face and I love it.
I am so proud of our fan base right now, even if they still move atleast we're goin out with a bang. Fight till the death, this is sparta!!!!! Figuratively speaking, of course.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I am keeping contact with that writer from the NY Times and if this hits some monetary critical mass, it may be newsworthy.

This is awesome. Even if it doesn't work, it's definitely a testament to how much Sacramento's fans care about the Kings. Not likely to get that kind of support down in Anaheim.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I am not finding a place to donate, a place even to read that isn't more than inspiratonal but it's late.

The ultimate goal must be to get millionaires or this is an exercise that I will avoid. To get real money it will take a contract so that each person knows clearly where their money is going and that is ironclad to satisfy the people who might actually get this done. I will say it here as I know no way to tell it to anyone in charge.

If this is nothing more than to show the Maloofs how cool we are, I am not up to it. If they don't know, they are idiots. If it is a movement with the goal to gradually gather people with more money, it needs a contract or the people that can build an arena will not tale part. The Here We Build people perhps can be organized to act as one force. I suspect that is the goal but what I have read is vague.

It also needs a way to eventually pay back the donors or get a chunk as investing guarantess no payback. I don't want o donate, I want to invest. At this point it would have to be a piece of an arena. I am sure nothing like that is in place and until such is done, I simply cannot do much more.

It needs to be advertised in a way that the people with real money can understand. Tweeting may be something the people with money can understand but I kind of doubt it. I am skeptical that Facebook will reach the people that can get this done.

I personally would contact the two people that have already given it a shot and get clues. But this isn't my deal, is it?

I couldn't get help to write to the owners or Stern, who at this point seem the last resort, and this is a far bigger idea.

Last edited:
Glenn this is just a bunch of loyal kings fans getting together to give money for a new arena. Why would it have to be an investment for you to give? If you want to kings here in sacramento than it shouldn't have to be something where you eventually get money back. There taking any and all donations from thousands of dollars all the way down to I saw people give 5 bucks. Every penny counts. Carmiachael Dave who started this movement on twitter said he has been in contact with some "heavyweights" here in town. This is a legit movement. Here we Build!

This is awesome!! I can't access Twitter or FB at work, and I'll def sign up when I get home. Love it!!! I really want the Kings to stay here, and if they must go - at least let them know they WILL BE MISSED BY MANY. Not all of us feel the way REG feels.

They are putting it together now. It really only was an idea born out of thinking out loud hours ago. So more details will be forthcoming soon I'm sure. The key is to get the attention spread far and wide. Get this noticed around the world if that's what it takes. This becomes something more than just a Sacramento quest. It's taking the frustration of the fans and anyone else whose felt like they have no voice or influence and giving them just that. Let it be Carmichael Dave versus Anaheim Goliath. It doesn't have to be a few thousand fans giving more than they can afford, all it takes is millions giving a few.

I would pledge money! If this 'movement' would go all the way:

The donated money would be a tax write-off/deduction so a receipt of some kind should be given to the donor. The arena can be donated to the city and the donators can vote for a panel to represent the best interests of the donators for things like an arena management team selection, monitor expenses/profits, etc, etc.