Healthy Jackson vows to speak up

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I think it would be a very practical, popular and worthy class, Celt. And, as part of it, I think it should include "Who NOT to talk to in the media and why..."

;)
If I ever get aproval and start setting up a sylabus for the class you will be the first to know and we can start a black list including clipings of their hatchet jobs.

6th said:
I don't see a problem either. Who wants to play with someone who doesn't want to be on your team? There is nothing wrong with what Bobby said. The problem was with Pedja going public and "demanding" a trade. If he had kept it between he/agent and Petrie/Kings org, then fine, but going public means you have to be able to accept your teammates reactions.
Didn't Peja REQUEST a trade? I don't think he was "demanding" a trade.

A public request for a trade seems reasonable when you are in the public eye. Granted, locker room scuffles should be left in the locker room (ie., Web's article), but publicly requesting a trade ~ even when such a request smacks of locker room trouble ~ is not inappropriate, imo.

As I recall, Peja did not cite any specific reason for his request, save Maloof's handling of Vlade's departure. And sure, he had to deal with his teammates' reactions, I'm certain he was fully aware that his teammates would react. Quite possibly Peja chose this venue to let his teammates know he was unhappy, as shallow as that would make him. Very possibly Peja was hurt and humiliated at the end of the season, and who of us have ever known Peja to be a fighter? He chose the "flight method." But it didn't work. Now life goes on, and I hope he's a little smarter about it now :rolleyes:

Yes, it's about the game!!! But we all love our guys, too. Some here obviously have more love for certain ones, and vice versa. It's all good.

As for B-Jax, if Kings don't keep that little ball 'o' fire its gonna be the "Why did we let Jimmy Jackson GO?????" syndrome all over again, IMO.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
albeitrue said:
As for B-Jax, if Kings don't keep that little ball 'o' fire its gonna be the "Why did we let Jimmy Jackson GO?????" syndrome all over again, IMO.
If the Kings let Bobby go, then letting Jimmy Jackson go will pale by comparison.

Whether Pedja requested or demanded a trade is irrelevant (IMO). He is still the one who took it to the media because he did not get the answer he was looking for.

The only reason that I even commented is because I am tired of everyone on the team....yes, everyone.....being wrong except poor little Pedja. Don't get me wrong. I love Pedja (and anyone else who wears the Kings uniform, for that matter), but there are those who think Pedja's **** don't stink and it has gotten a little ridiculous, AFAIC.

I think we should talk about Peja's request/demand, Webb's comments and whatever else for just one more day. After tomorrow let's put it all behind and talk about what matters.... things happening on the court.

I think there are people who can never see Peja do wrong and those who will defend Webber no matter what. I have not seen a single person change their mind. For me, I hold some grudge against both of them, but it is what they do on the court that counts. Let's leave the past alone and look int the future.

Magic 8 ball says Kings win it all this year and Peja and Webb share an MVP award.

6th said:
If the Kings let Bobby go, then letting Jimmy Jackson go will pale by comparison.

Whether Pedja requested or demanded a trade is irrelevant (IMO). He is still the one who took it to the media because he did not get the answer he was looking for.

The only reason that I even commented is because I am tired of everyone on the team....yes, everyone.....being wrong except poor little Pedja. Don't get me wrong. I love Pedja (and anyone else who wears the Kings uniform, for that matter), but there are those who think Pedja's **** don't stink and it has gotten a little ridiculous, AFAIC.
Demanding anything is quite different than making a request, imo. I'm not sure what answer Peja was "looking for" by taking it to the media, but he seems happy enough now, thankfully for the team.

VJ9999-I'm with you, I have felt angry at both Web and Peja, run the gammit of emotions but what happens on the court is most important. So far, so good...

What does AFAIC mean?

Didn't mean to get anyone hot under the collar, sorry...

"Too much pressure" isn't an acceptable excuse.

I don't try to make excuses, I try to be realistic. Yes, Peja is not mentally tough so you better take it into account.

I also have problem with Web claiming it is his team. I think Kings are the best when no player "owns" team. And I think (it's Boby topic, right?) that Boby and Doug (even more) have more owning rights then Web. As VF said, everyone should suck up and just play.

Back to Peja, we don't need neither Peja nor anyone else to carry the team. We were the best when different people stepped up each game. If Peja is not expected to lead the team he will shoot well more often.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
outsider62 said:
We were the best when different people stepped up each game.
I think that's a very important observation. While the media and the fans are busy trying to decide who should "lead" the team, they lose sight of one of our biggest strengths. We aren't a "one-trick pony," so to speak. Different players step up at different times...

Personally, I don't care who wants to be leader. All I care about is that they're all on the same page...

GO KINGS!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
vj9999 said:
I think we should talk about Peja's request/demand, Webb's comments and whatever else for just one more day. After tomorrow let's put it all behind and talk about what matters.... things happening on the court.

I think there are people who can never see Peja do wrong and those who will defend Webber no matter what. I have not seen a single person change their mind. For me, I hold some grudge against both of them, but it is what they do on the court that counts. Let's leave the past alone and look int the future.

Magic 8 ball says Kings win it all this year and Peja and Webb share an MVP award.
vj9999, this is an excellent post....and I could not agree more! Bravo!!!!

vj9999 said:

i like your magic 8 ball.