Hassan Whiteside.

I get that he has a rep as a knucklehead and potentially loafing it on the court in certain situations, but hard to argue with his production. Forget counting stats, since he showed up as a regular with the heat, his average offensive rating to defensive rating (per basketball reference) is 116 to 100. During that same period, Anthony Davis is 118 to 103. Are these perfect stats? Of course not. But like it or not he has a proven record of making an impact on the court.
He had that last year too and got signed for the vet minimum there’s a reason for that. You can’t be that good a go for the minimum sorry ass Harrell even got paid. I’m still rooting for him cause he’s with us and I love him on Snapchat I’m just saying let’s relax on him.

and he should be starting over Holmes

He had that last year too and got signed for the vet minimum there’s a reason for that. You can’t be that good a go for the minimum sorry ass Harrell even got paid. I’m still rooting for him cause he’s with us and I love him on Snapchat I’m just saying let’s relax on him.

and he should be starting over Holmes
Does that only apply to positivity or is negativity included?

Did you see him in the bubble elimination games dude was out there not giving a **** like it was an exhibition game in China
I did not watch a single game this summer so I'll take you at your word. But it's possible given the world around him was having an effect on his play and now he has mentally gotten over that?

Whiteside has a certain confidence on the floor and when being interviewed. He seems to like the game. He is capable of big plays. game changing plays. He can dominate underneath.

I've always said that there are two types of shot-blockers. The most common are those who make an impact when they block a shot. As much as I love Holmes and his defense, he falls into this category. The other group are those whose mere presence changes how an offense runs. He changes way more shots than he blocks. Whiteside is in this category.

I can remember many times back in the day when Hakeem would be sitting on the bench and a player would rush his shot (and miss) because he didn't realize Hakeem had left the floor.

Ah so it begins.

This one is a reach though. How are you going to slander a center for leaving a PG open behind the 3 pt line? If Hassan closes out on Steph, chances are he just blows past him for an open lay-up. Might as well give Fox crap every time an opposing big dunks the ball.
lol dudes not even in currys eye sight and you’re defending him let’s just let the GOAT shooter get open looks than right smh

Ah so it begins.

This one is a reach though. How are you going to slander a center for leaving a PG open behind the 3 pt line? If Hassan closes out on Steph, chances are he just blows past him for an open lay-up. Might as well give Fox crap every time an opposing big dunks the ball.
This is why Hassan wasn't given a max deal folks. There are many strengths to his game but when teams attack him in pnr you see the shortcomings. He can be a valuable piece still. And the Kings answer instead of switching consistently is to help with smalls towards the middle AGAIN. Well, it's working about as well as the last few years so far, lol. Hassan will make that more of a viable defense though. Doesn't change the fact that it's typically a losing defensive strategy however.

Ah so it begins.

Thats why Anthony Davis is easily the best big man in the whole league. Post offense is very rare nowadays but he can defend anyone in there plus he can either switch to everyone and lockdown or defend two guys in a pick n roll situations almost everytime (either dropping back and contesting the jumper or hard hedging and getting back to the screener). Thats why Bam is getting maxed out because he can do all those things at a pretty high level. This type of skillset is probably the most valuable for a big but its a very rare skillset. Thats why you either max out a guy like that or get a guy for the minimum that can either defend the rim or switch effectively while offensively finish at the rim or space the floor.

When it comes to this exact situation, thats why slow centers like Whiteside sometimes get played out of court in the playoffs. Holmes could've hedged to that and either forced a pass or a tougher jumper but on the other hand Whiteside protects the rim very well. There is a reason why the league is moving away from (two) slow bigs. The league is filled with bigs with different strenghts and weaknesses, get a couple of different ones for under 5mil or max out a top 5 guy.

gunks

Hall of Famer
lol dudes not even in currys eye sight and you’re defending him let’s just let the GOAT shooter get open looks than right smh
I mean, I love Holmes because he’d totally attempt a close out on Steph. I just think Steph getting that wide open isn’t all on Whiteside, so it’s an odd example to put out there to blast his defense.

I’m sure we’ll get better examples of his notoriously iffy effort levels, I just don’t think this one is it.

I mean, I love Holmes because he’d totally attempt a close out on Steph. I just think Steph getting that wide open isn’t all on Whiteside, so it’s an odd example to put out there to blast his defense.

I’m sure we’ll get better examples of his notoriously iffy effort levels, I just don’t think this one is it.
Thats how he plays pick and roll defense just turn on the Portland tape. The thing is threats the GOAT shooter that much space is absurd

Are those still photos??? If so you have got to be kidding me.
You don’t wanna see the video

Whiteside is giving the Kings' some valuable minutes. He can stop the momentum or other teams in the paint. He can block shots and change shots pretty often. He is a good rebounder. His offense comes and goes. His team mates need to look for him more. He is more engaged with some winning going on.

He is getting slaughtered by opposing players. The refs need to wise up.