Hassan Whiteside.

Whitside's mere presence can stop the opposing team. He is a good rebounder. His team mate's will learn to look for him more inside.
Free throw shooting last night was 1-5. Not good.
Against some teams and in some situations he will make a big difference.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I always wondered why he got so much hate from fans of just about every team he played on despite his gaudy stat lines. Pretty sure he has a rebound/point/blocks triple double every season.

I guess we’ll find out!

Considering my pro-Lin stance this season, I’ll probably enjoy his game either way. Will he kill our offensive spacing with a lack of outside game? Will he allow some easy baskets hunting for flashy blocks? Who cares! Get them stats Hassan!

I always wondered why he got so much hate from fans of just about every team he played on despite his gaudy stat lines. Pretty sure he has a rebound/point/blocks triple double every season.

I guess we’ll find out!

Considering my pro-Lin stance this season, I’ll probably enjoy his game either way. Will he kill our offensive spacing with a lack of outside game? Will he allow some easy baskets hunting for flashy blocks? Who cares! Get them stats Hassan!
I’m assuming it’s his body language and stone hands. Still, he does seem to make an impact whenever he is in.

I guess we’ll find out!

Did you see him in the bubble elimination games dude was out there not giving a **** like it was an exhibition game in China

Ya I’m going off years of history not one or two preseason games, although it is a contract year
And while there are still weakness to Hassan there are a ton of positives. Again, with any player that isn't a superstar it's up to the coach to minimize those weaknesses as best you can with strategy and usage. I liked how they had him play pick and roll in this one for the most part. He didn't really play many minutes against a Warriors squad that was going at him but when they did he played the space and used his length well to recover on challenges.

And while there are still weakness to Hassan there are a ton of positives. Again, with any player that isn't a superstar it's up to the coach to minimize those weaknesses as best you can with strategy and usage. I liked how they had him play pick and roll in this one for the most part. He didn't really play many minutes against a Warriors squad that was going at him but when they did he played the space and used his length well to recover on challenges.
I agree for the most part, and I think for Tyrese and Fox development as playmakers it’s going to be super beneficial to have a guy like Hassan rolling to the rim. Defense and rebounding is what it is, we know he’s going to block a ton of shots and improve our team rebounding, especially on the offensive end giving us tons of second opportunities, but I think I am most excited to see how our young stud playmakers are able to maximize this pairing. Lots of good stuff still to come. Just please please no more euro step attempts and fast breaks, as a previous poster said it’s going to be on the coach to reel in those bad habits and maximize his strengths

Ya I’m going off years of history not one or two preseason games, although it is a contract year
I get that he has a rep as a knucklehead and potentially loafing it on the court in certain situations, but hard to argue with his production. Forget counting stats, since he showed up as a regular with the heat, his average offensive rating to defensive rating (per basketball reference) is 116 to 100. During that same period, Anthony Davis is 118 to 103. Are these perfect stats? Of course not. But like it or not he has a proven record of making an impact on the court.