HARRY GILES (merged)

Wow. Giles quickness and speed really impressed me. I wasn't expecting that after all those surgeries. That clinic that said he had elite lateral quickness for an NBA small forward wasn't kidding. I also loved his competitive fire out there. We didn't see too much of his passing acumen tonight because it was a lot of jungle ball, but I did see one play where he immediately whipped the ball cross court to an open King. I can really see why he was a consensus #1 pick before he got injured. When he begins to harness all that talent, look out.
Giles will look much better playing with Bogi. Loved his defense and ability to switch on to smaller players. The ball movement was poor and Harry was often literally jumping for the ball with no pass. Giles was 1-2 from 3 so that was good also. More positives to come.

I liked Giles intensity and fire, but i feel like i watched a different game from everyone else. Giles and Bagley look very raw and doubt they'll be making the impact Doncic will.

I liked Giles intensity and fire, but i feel like i watched a different game from everyone else. Giles and Bagley look very raw and doubt they'll be making the impact Doncic will.
I feel you may have watched a different game as well

They’re 20 and 19 respectively. Of course they’re raw. Doncic is raw in areas as well.

Immediate impact means little long term. Doncic may come at as the most polished rookie year 1.

After year 1 I never dreamed that Steph Curry would ever have anything for Tyreke

I feel you may have watched a different game as well

They’re 20 and 19 respectively. Of course they’re raw. Doncic is raw in areas as well.

Immediate impact means little long term. Doncic may come at as the most polished rookie year 1.

After year 1 I never dreamed that Steph Curry would ever have anything for Tyreke

must admit i felt the same re Tyreke and Curry...

Bagley's post moves look pretty ugly though

must admit i felt the same re Tyreke and Curry...

Bagley's post moves look pretty ugly though
Yes, you were watching a different game. I was sitting next to a Lakers fan at the game who kept saying how smooth Bagley was getting his shot off in the paint.

It was a Summer League game, which are notoriously frantic and guard oriented. When big men have good scoring games in SL in the paint, they're usually legit.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Giles will look much better playing with Bogi. Loved his defense and ability to switch on to smaller players. The ball movement was poor and Harry was often literally jumping for the ball with no pass. Giles was 1-2 from 3 so that was good also. More positives to come.
I want to see how Giles looks at the SF position. On defense he looked quick enough to do it, imo. His outside shot looks good. If you have him at the 3, Bagley at a stretch 4, and a more physical defensive center at the 5, it could be interesting.

Was at the game and the energy the crowd had for Giles and Bagley was unreal.

Giles started out shaky which was to be expected. At one point during a break in play, Giles went over and pulled Bagley away from Wagner and basically said "I got this guy". From that point on he had a fire lit under him to where it looked like he might be the type of guy who plays better once he gets pissed off. He threw Wagner down a couple times which was very apparent on that put back he got off the free throw where Wagner was laying on the ground and Giles was staring him down as he trotted back to the other end of the court. So anti WCS...I loved it.

The defense was spotty which was to be expected. Made some great plays and had some brain farts. Wagner's open shots were usually made off of drive and kicks where Bagley or Giles had to help on dribble penetration. JJ and Mason and Fox at times were all allowing dribble penetration way too easily so it made it look like no one was guarding Wagner when in reality they had to leave him to make sure the game wasn't even more of a layup contest than it already was.

Good first outing for the kid and I don't know how accurate that shooting stroke is going to be in the future but he doesn't shoot the ball like a big man. If you didn't know any better and just saw his shooting stroke, you'd think he was a wing.

The summer league team is great. First night jitters. They reverted back to one on one and forgot about ball movement some of the time That is what happens under duress. They still got close to a hundred points. Giles and Bagley are a giant step forward compared to Skal and Willie.

The line of the night for me was the reference to Fox and his potential to be an all-pro defender. Summer league may be more fun to watch than the regular season. The fans sure liked it.

Tip of the iceberg with Harry. He will be just fine, for his first NBA game he held it together well. He already seems to like playing with Bagley. He has shown more fire last night than Willie has his entire career thus far. Start this man, losses be damned. He's got more skills than Willie, that much was clear to see.

Heart, desire, and effort will get you recognition. I never want to see this team outworked every single game ever again. If Giles is the guy that makes us go, then he needs to start.

Last edited:
His demeanor is very KG like. My favorite part of his game at this moment is his tenacity and awareness on D. His can move his feet, block shot and make the correct rotations. He and Bagley are going to pair perfectly together in time. Fox also looks noticeably bigger than last year. cant wait to see bogie and buddy spreading the floor for these guys. This will be a fun team to watch this year!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
It's summer league. They are raw. They displayed they possess the full tool set and there's no denying these kids all seem to already have some bond going and a bit of swagger. And they are saying all the right things.

There's certainly tons of reason for optimism right now.

Reading his quotes.... want to run to nearest store and buy his jersey. Absolutely love his mindset. Quicklt making a big fan out of me.
He's humbled which is a mark of his experience with serious injuries. It will probably help his play in some respects. Getting your athleticism degraded probably motivates for improving jump-shooting. Shaun Livingston is a good example of coming back from serious injury.