Harrison Barnes and the Hardnose Crew

I want that one guy who questioned the team when Barnes took the last shot a few games ago when we had a chance to win to go ahead and make a contribution here.

Last edited:
I saw that. Crazy. We shouldnt be this good. My guess is losing Fox and Bagley was actually a plus. The team had to come together and believe. And BELIEVE they have.

On another note, OP in that thread said Fox has come back to earth a bit. Not really. His October start was on par with last year and his November numbers in the 4 games he played look outstanding. I think he got hurt at the worst time for him and the best time for the team. He was dropping over 20 per game with 7 assists (albeit almost 4 turnovers per) in November.

If Fox can clean up those turnovers and put out a bit more on defense he is on his way to superstardom.

Edit:

Walton has done a TREMENDOUS job, he and his staff. The OP in that thread said he didnt develop young talent and yet he had Lonzo playing the best ball(pun) of his career in both ends, especially on defense. Lonzo has looked like a backup in NO and Luke had him looking like a legit starting PG. So dont tell me Luke cant develop young talent. Look at Justin James and Holmes!!!

I saw that. Crazy. We shouldnt be this good. My guess is losing Fox and Bagley was actually a plus. The team had to come together and believe. And BELIEVE they have.

On another note, OP in that thread said Fox has come back to earth a bit. Not really. His October start was on par with last year and his November numbers in the 4 games he played look outstanding. I think he got hurt at the worst time for him and the best time for the team. He was dropping over 20 per game with 7 assists (albeit almost 4 turnovers per) in November.

If Fox can clean up those turnovers and put out a bit more on defense he is on his way to superstardom.
His potential on defense really excites me

I have a question. Now that the defense has improved a lot we can focus more on the offense. How do the Kings' overcome their scoring droughts?
The easy answer: Harrison Barnes! And Bagley, when he returns, and if he plays defense.
But you know as well as I do, what happens when you live and die by the jump shot. We need to focus on these strategies until the jump shots start falling:
1. Pick and roll
2. Post up
3. Get to the line

Last edited:
I hope Bagley has been paying attention to how much defensive is to our winning. Being as athletic he is I hope he takes it personal to shut down whoever he is guarding or he just may see himself being switched out for someone else in crunch time.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I hope Bagley has been paying attention to how much defensive is to our winning. Being as athletic he is I hope he takes it personal to shut down whoever he is guarding or he just may see himself being switched out for someone else in crunch time.
I don't think lack of motivation had anything to do with a fair defensive performance last year with the 19 year old Bagley. It's all about reps and being coached up. We have the coach. Now he just needs the reps.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I’m good with Bagley and Holmes together by the way. The spread the floor theory with dedmon isn’t working. They are playing off him and he is missing. I think Bagley gets more respect from 3 than dedmon does at this point

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've actually tried to watch Bagley on the sidelines. He definitely appears to be absorbing knowledge like a sponge. He's almost always in the huddles, he's one of the first to greet the guys coming off the court, I've seen him talking with the asst coaches, etc. I believe we're gonna be pretty happy with his defensive efforts.

Barnes has done an awesome job at really changing his shot chart this season for the better and taking highly efficient shots, which has lead his efficiency to absolutely skyrocket this year.

He's really making an effort to get to the line this year .408 FTr. For comparison, James Harden is at .600 FTr (I'd wager this is by far the best all-time if the season ended tomorrow) and Giannis is a .540 Ftr. Only 12% of his FG attempts this year have come from the mid-range (10 feet-just inside the 3pt Line) and he's shooting 75% at the rim this year. Taking the USG burden off him he had his first few years in Dallas really has opened up his offensive game and him being selective with his opportunities has made him incredibly effective scoring the ball this year.

He's gotta keep attacking the rim like he has been and keep that aggressiveness getting to the FT line. When Fox and Bagley get back, having 3 guys that can draw fouls at a high rate (if he can sustain this) is such a big offensive advantage.

I've actually tried to watch Bagley on the sidelines. He definitely appears to be absorbing knowledge like a sponge. He's almost always in the huddles, he's one of the first to greet the guys coming off the court, I've seen him talking with the asst coaches, etc. I believe we're gonna be pretty happy with his defensive efforts.
Exactly. What’s so funny about this whole situation is that he’s the best prospect we’ve ever had.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For comparison, James Harden is at .600 FTr (I'd wager this is by far the best all-time if the season ended tomorrow)
Not even close. Even with a relatively stringent requirement of 500 FGA, there have been 165 seasons at a FTr of .600 or better. Dwight Howard was over .750 nine different times. The all-time top FTr (min 500 FGAs) was put up by DeAndre Jordan, with a pretty silly 1.219.

Now, true, Jordan/Howard were getting hack-a-shaqed, but nobody was intentionally fouling Cedric Maxwell ('78-'79: FTr .886, FT% .802) or Corey Maggette ('06-'07: FTr .783, FT% .820), and plenty of those 165 seasons were earned "honestly". Even our own Kevin Martin had a season of .650 FTr.