[Grades] Grades vs. Bucks

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Good news! This was NOT our worst loss to the Bucks in the last 13 months.

Post your grades here. Please keep in mind that we are NOT waiving our rules against profanity for this thread.

I agree with Grant. Sadly, our best players are the vets right now..

I don't care about this loss. The Kings have no franchise player. Keep losing so we can increase our odds at getting one. Anyone who thinks we can build around Bogdanovic and WCS have bought too much stock into false hope. They can be solid starters, but not center pieces. I'd rather we win on the backs of Fox and Skal. They're the gems

I don't care about this loss. The Kings have no franchise player. Keep losing so we can increase our odds at getting one. Anyone who thinks we can build around Bogdanovic and WCS have bought too much stock into false hope. They can be solid starters, but not center pieces. I'd rather we win on the backs of Fox and Skal. They're the gems
Nailed It!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The offense is constructed around two points of emphasis so far, running off ball screens for Garrett Temple and posting up Randolph in the low and mid post. Not sure how that jives with the majority of the Kings young core. It's looking like it should the way it's being used.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

Sure would like to see some more rope given to that Buddy Hield guy. I think he might be getting criminally underrated by everyone including the coaching staff.

I don't even think you can remotely see what the future for this team holds until you see if Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, and Willie can play together or at the very least as a major part of your rotation. Such a shame to already see 20 some odd games basically wasted.

Where can I find post game press conf videos for the Kings? Also, do they only have them for home games?

My patience with Joerger's offense and rotations is starting to wear thin.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Fox (A+) - Megastar

Hill (A+) - Ultrastar

Temple (A+) - Leader

ZBo (A+) - HoF

Skal (A+) - Potential

------

Mason (A+) - GOAT

Hield (A+) - Curry

Bogdan (A+) - Splendid

WCS (A+) - Unicorn

Koufos (A+) - Grindstone

Carter (A+) - Legend

Jackson (A+) - RoY

Richardson (A+) - Amazing

Problem is we need to be on the up-and-coming because we don't have a pick next year. Gotta aim for wins now imo and not worry about getting last place. Unfortunately this rebuild is halfway botched.

I would hope no one would think we can build around Bogdanovic and WCS. This is their age 25 and 24 season respectively compared to Fox and Skal age 20 and 21 season, and they both have more professional experience. It's no coincidence they look more polished and they really only started looking more polished anyway when they moved to the bench which runs a style that suits them.

The Kings essentially have four darts to throw at the board, so to speak with the aforementioned two, Giles, and then the 2018 draft pick. Who knows what any of them will end up as, but the Kings need to put all their energy and priorities into those four assets and develop one or more of them into a star.

Bodganovic and WCS have made their roles apparent and I don't think they should change from now on. Admittedly, I'm softer on WCS of the two because he's still a hyper-athletic big who seemingly just needs to stop daydreaming in order to dunk on everything, but Bogdanovic from the get-go despite his refreshing BBIQ has a capped ceiling as a far as being an NBA player goes.

Fox (A+) - Megastar

Hill (A+) - Ultrastar

Temple (A+) - Leader

ZBo (A+) - HoF

Skal (A+) - Potential

------

Mason (A+) - GOAT

Hield (A+) - Curry

Bogdan (A+) - Splendid

WCS (A+) - Unicorn

Koufos (A+) - Grindstone

Carter (A+) - Legend

Jackson (A+) - RoY

Richardson (A+) - Amazing
Joerger (A+) - HighPost

Seems like every player on the Bucks has an 8ft wingspan.

Are the refs giving Fox the rookie treatment or what? The guy can't get a call no matter how hard he gets fouled. Yet Giannis can just bull rush into anyone and get the call. Despite all that, Fox still played horribly passive. We need to get this guy away from Zbo because when they're both out there, he just passes the ball to ZBo and runs and hides.

Speaking of hiding, where in the H-E double hockey sticks was Hill all night?

That lob Bogie threw up for WCS needs to go on his personal career highlight reel. Best moment of the night.

Best moment other than everyone booing the hell out of Jason Terry.

Oh and Deandre Liggins can play some defense...wow.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Surprised Bucks are 9-9....now 10-9. Looks like a great defensive team and has so much length. Is GA the best young player in the league? That was some kind of special.

Yeah I do recall a moment Fox went body to body full speed into a moving defender and got lifted into the air into his face and no call. Giannis is phenomenal, but the next Westbrook, Harden touch fouls every drive. His one flaw I can't ignore is his traveling, very often.

The Bucks defense was really good. Credit has to be given to their team. It is almost as if they had scouted the Kings the night before in a game 90 miles away.

As far as who should be defending Giannis Antetokounmpo one must remember he is in the running for MVP of the Association at 22 years old:eek: Giannis has put on a lot of muscle and if it has affected his mobility it has made him faster:eek:.

I think in this case credit has to be given to Giannis and the Bucks. They are really good, Giannis is MVP material, they had the Kings scouted perfectly AND they played a great game. The Kings looked like a team that has played a hand full of games together with a lot of young players and on the second night of a back to back.

The Bucks are more talented than people admit. Giannis is a monster and their team defense functions at a very high level.

The Kings fully demonstrated their lack of emotional maturity. They had the big game the night before and barely showed up for their home fans. Their youth worked against them when it should work in their favor. If the Kings play 11 guys they should be able to physically handle games back to back. The Kings offense varies wildly. Defense and rebounding need to stay at a high level to give them a chance.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Milwaukee's defense is middle of the pack but they looked great against the Kings because they bullied the Kings and their length disrupted everything they wanted to do and from getting quality looks. It seemed to me that Bledsoe made it a priority to go at Fox almost every time down the floor whether with a drive or a jumpshot. Too many points in the paint for Milwaukee for a team that isn't very good at shooting. That got them going and that's all she wrote. I saw this coming a mile away, just not a good match up for this team. We will see this again in Milwaukee in a few days.

Seems like every player on the Bucks has an 8ft wingspan.

Are the refs giving Fox the rookie treatment or what? The guy can't get a call no matter how hard he gets fouled. Yet Giannis can just bull rush into anyone and get the call. Despite all that, Fox still played horribly passive. We need to get this guy away from Zbo because when they're both out there, he just passes the ball to ZBo and runs and hides.

Speaking of hiding, where in the H-E double hockey sticks was Hill all night?

That lob Bogie threw up for WCS needs to go on his personal career highlight reel. Best moment of the night.

Best moment other than everyone booing the hell out of Jason Terry.

Oh and Deandre Liggins can play some defense...wow.
Hill seems to be punching a clock for a check. There isn't a more passionless guy on the team. It's disgusting and he ought to be ashamed of himself. Getting paid tho... he and his agent got over on us.

I haven’t got watch the game yet (DVRd it), but from looking at the box score and game tracker, looks like an ugly, ugly game. Not sure why everybody, well at least a vocal few, seems to be surprised that this team would play an ugly, ugly game. This is what a rebuild looks like. Early in the rebuild, and the Kings are very early, you have no idea what you will get from one night until the next. In this case as King Baller said

The Kings looked like a team that has played a hand full of games together with a lot of young players and on the second night of a back to back.
I don’t think the sky is falling and I don’t need any bipolar meds to watch the Kings (but I think some people might). As I have previously said, I still believe the Kings have a very bright future with this core of young guys. I also believe there will be plenty more bad stretches of games. King’s fans are going to need patience. Some of you just are not going to make it. The rest of you, buckle up and hold on, it’s going to be a bumpy ride with a whole lot of turbulence. Hopefully, as time goes on, the bad stretches will be shorter and fewer, and the good stretches will be longer and more often. I still think the team is a couple years away from being truly competitive and a lot will depend on drafts and possible trades and free agent signings.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I cringe everytime Zbo gets the ball. i know he has games where he scores some points for us. I can't put my finger on it. Its just horrible to watch.

As far as who should be defending Giannis Antetokounmpo one must remember he is in the running for MVP of the Association at 22 years old:eek: Giannis has put on a lot of muscle and if it has affected his mobility it has made him faster:eek:.
Does the NBA do much steroid testing? And if not, kings need to get themselves some of whatever GA is taking.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think the Wizards and the Bucks show the athletic deficiencies of the Kings. When faced with those kind of teams it seems that the Kings are just overwhelmed by the length, quickness, speed and strength of their opponent. The Kings seem to have two very good athletes on their current team - Fox and WCS. They need more. It's something for Vlade to keep in mind as he makes future personnel decisions. It's ok now to currently have experienced but less athletic players to show the kids the ropes, but as the kids get more experienced I'd like to see experienced but slow and earthbound players be replaced by some very good athletic types. Kelly Oubre, for example.

Hill seems to be punching a clock for a check. There isn't a more passionless guy on the team. It's disgusting and he ought to be ashamed of himself. Getting paid tho... he and his agent got over on us.

It's a mess of a rotation and he's been a victim as well this year. What are you realistically expecting from him? What he was in Utah, which wasn't really his historic usage BTW, is only something that will get in the way of many of the young players as well if he were used that way. He's right around his career numbers and mpg. I think people may have over inflated him with his performance last year. He can do that in the right role, but as it sits, nobody is getting that role.