• Jason's jumpers

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Beno's invisibility

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Noc's game

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Carl's rebounding (grabbed 2)

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • May's minutes -- where was he after half?

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Cisco's drama queening with the wrist

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Calling a Theus timeout 10 down with 35secs to go to get Reke another shot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Katie reduced to shameless pitch woman

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Happy thoughts, determined to think happy thoughts

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Hey, hung close against a good team on NBATV, Reke looked pretty good, got a lin. Its cool.

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Rodman was also little tough guy (Charles Barkley too) with a great rebounding ability , so i think there is an issue with motivation because we don't lose anything with loses or wins. Maybe he keeps his hands down to avoid any ugly injury. Let's hope he will improve his hustle on all sides (defensive/offensive) .

Second option is that he and others just leave some rebound for Tyreke to get a rookie award ?

Dennis Rodman was also little tough guy (Charles Barkley too) with a great rebounding ability , so i think there is an issue with motivation because we don't lose anything with loses or wins. Maybe he keeps his hands down to avoid any ugly injury. Let's hope he will improve his hustle on all sides (defensive/offensive) .

Second option is that he and others just leave some rebound for Tyreke to get a rookie award ?
Michael Jordan was also a tough guy with a great scoring ability...
My point is that there will always be the exceptions. Not everyone can be Michael Jordan, and in the same way not everyone 6'7 and below can rebound like barkley or rodman

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Given what I've seen from our bigs in the past few games - poor rebounding, little interior defense, poor basketball IQ, Spencer Hawes is looking better and better and better...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

People again and again use those two examples (Rodman and Barkley) for every short power guy in basketball, and its always a bad idea. They were one of a kind freaks of nature. The rules didn't apply to them -- basketball is a tall person's game. Being short in basketball is a huge impediment that only the special talents can ever fully overcome. Comparing a guy like Landry to those guys is like comparing some 5'7" guy down at the park to Spud Webb and saying, see? Spud could win slam dunk titles, so should you!

That said, Landry's boardwork is just such a distinct problem that its not about "ooh, he should do it just like all time physical freaks" so much as "ooh, I wish he could do it as well as David West", who sucks on the glass himself but normally keeps it barely respectable.

just a couple of things.

#1 You can add ben wallace to the "short men" rebounding list.

#2. anyone who plays in the NBA is a "freak of nature"

Status
Not open for further replies.