Golden 1 Center ranked worst arena in the NBA

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, the "KingsFans.com Award for Most Ridiculous Post of the Year" goes to...:p:p:p

Allegiant Stadium being ranked at 88 is also laughable (And, yes, I may be a bit biased here, seeing that I frequent that stadium during football season). But, really??? Like, were all of these so-called "reviewers" high when they reviewed these arenas/stadiums/ballparks?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I mean, I'm not even mad. It's just so laughably wrong. It's like ranking True Grit fourth from last in a list of John Wayne movies. I mean, sure, maybe it's not number one, and maybe The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or Rio Bravo or The Searchers are more your thing, or maybe you go for old classics like Stagecoach, but True Grit is relatively recent and much better than solid and there's a crap ton of aging mediocrity out there.

This is laughable because every NBA arena ranking I’ve seen over the past few years has G1C in the top 5, if not #1.

I think whomever created whatever list this is did so by randomly pulling names out of a hat.

It’s ludicrous.

It’s objectively a great facility in a great location. Not subjectively.

let’s just compare it to Arco.

parking is easier better and costs about the same.

it’s centrally located and has tons of VERY close dining options

the food and beverage choices inside are top notch for and arena/venue

it’s very y easy to navigate

it’s quick to get in/out

it’s a technological acheivment

Negatives:

it’s a bit stale with all the white/black

I don’t love the upper deck

the food is reasonably priced but the beverages are a bit pricey

I’m sure there are some other nit picks.

I don't think it's right or it's a joke idk or maybe I missed the joke haha.

On Google I think it's like a 4.5?

Idk haha
Google reviews seem sketchy to me.

Been looking up concrete contractors and they'll be a 4.9-5.0 on google but a 3.5 on Yelp. Nearly every company or contractor I look up has stellar google reviews and iffy everywhere else.

Go back and read the tweet @Tetsujin posted and you SHOULD be able to figure out exactly how this list was populated...
I’m fully aware of how it was formulated. How about you go back a re-read my post and you SHOULD be able to figure out that my words were mocking how idiotic and meaningless this list is by trivializing and belittling it.

It’s clearly not an accurate reflection of the quality of the buildings or the overall fan experience thus pointless.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Google reviews seem sketchy to me.

Been looking up concrete contractors and they'll be a 4.9-5.0 on google but a 3.5 on Yelp. Nearly every company or contractor I look up has stellar google reviews and iffy everywhere else.
Yelp is pretty well known for being a shakedown operation though. Bad reviews go up and people pay to have them removed.

I think Google is at least 5 years gone from their do no evil promise, maybe a full decade, but Yelp is wretched.

I’m fully aware of how it was formulated. How about you go back a re-read my post and you SHOULD be able to figure out that my words were mocking how idiotic and meaningless this list is by trivializing and belittling it.

It’s clearly not an accurate reflection of the quality of the buildings or the overall fan experience thus pointless.
Some things are not easily recognizable when reading a blog post/message board post on the world wide web. One's intentions being one of them...:):):)

Also, in response to your last statement...I think majority of Yelp and Google reviews are based on fan experience, so I might have to somewhat disagree with you on that one.