GOAT - Lebron James or Michael Jordan?

Who's the GOAT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of the two mentioned for me it’s Jordan. He was a player i enjoyed watching anytime. Now I think you could make a case for a different player in a different time.
Now if Lebron would stop whining all the time I may look back a few years from now with a different opinion.
I cannot stand to watch a game he plays in.

Chamberlain

What can I say? I think there's is a correlation between level of basketball talent and how beautiful a player looks doing what they're good at. Imagine some players who were among the best at various skills and tell me they didn't look particularly good doing them. I'm not saying it's a perfect correlation, but everything Jordan did was "pretty...so pretty" and nobody could make him "look like a chump". :)
I also think the "poetry in motion" argument is legit.

And most stats are still in Jordan's favour too.

Another huge plus for MJ is how he made his team and team-mates better.
Players grew up from rookies to great players beside him (Pippen, Grant, B.J Armstrong) and some great players became even greater around him (Kukoc, Rodman, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr). The same goes for coaches. (Well, one coach... ;))

I can't think of a single player whose carear took a positive turn, playing around LBJ (in 15 seasons :eek:).
And coaches... they literally lose jobs, face and/or health around LeBron...
(If you think Spoelstra is an exception, James demanded his head too... Luckily for Erik there was some spine in THAT frenchise, in the form of Pat Riley, unlike in Blatt's case)

In short, while MJ may have been a frenchise-maker, LeBron may very well be a type of frenchise-killer...