Giannis Signs Superdupermax with the Bucks

Yes yes yessssssss! This is the right move! I don’t know if I’ve ever been happier about a non king’s move! Good for the NBA and the small market teams. I could see him requesting a trade in a couple years if they don’t win but at least the Bucks would get back a hall.

I don't see Antetokounmpo winning a championship in Milwaukee, unless he unlocks a previously untapped ability to shoot, but at least he'll be a Legend at the Bank™, and I can't be mad at that.
I'm afraid that you are right - he likely won't. Whether it was all about money or some loyalty to Mil, or some combo of both is anyone's guess? I don't begrudge him recruiting Bogi behind the scenes to play for the team he is signed to and at the same time it's nice to know he wasn't planning with someone else to bolt the minute he got the chance. So it feels good even if the reasons are not particularly relevant to modern times. I'll be the first to say that acting out of any sense of loyalty is probably misguided in this day and age.

And hey, he's getting paid and deserves to. So win-win all around.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If y'all insist. I'll just point out that James Harden signed an extension, like, two years ago, and is about to force his way out of Houston, with multiple years on his deal. The only thing that Antetokounmpo signing this extension really ensures is that he's going to get his money.

If y'all insist. I'll just point out that James Harden signed an extension, like, two years ago, and is about to force his way out of Houston, with multiple years on his deal. The only thing that Antetokounmpo signing this extension really ensures is that he's going to get his money.
And that you actually get a return for him. If Giannis forces his way out in 2 years; you're getting just about whatever you want back in a trade. They no longer have to face this season wondering if he might leave this off-season for nothing.

And that you actually get a return for him. If Giannis forces his way out in 2 years; you're getting just about whatever you want back in a trade. They no longer have to face this season wondering if he might leave this off-season for nothing.
Giannis knew this was the best decision for the Bucks and himself. I assume he will play two years and if they haven’t made the finals by then and the Bucks aren’t in a position to make the team better, he will request a trade. He doesn’t want to do the team dirty after all they have done for him. I’m sure this is just a backup plan, he mostly Iikely believes they can win and wants to spend the next five in Milwaukee.

And if he forces a trade it’s probably 4 years down the road

also we don’t have to hear espn predictions on where he’s going 24/7

At least in Sacramento we know our best players are likely to come from trading a disgruntled draft pick or trading for a disgruntled last chance superstar.

Just not any of the ones on the market right now, ok Monte?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Giannis knew this was the best decision for the Bucks and himself. I assume he will play two years and if they haven’t made the finals by then and the Bucks aren’t in a position to make the team better, he will request a trade. He doesn’t want to do the team dirty after all they have done for him. I’m sure this is just a backup plan, he mostly Iikely believes they can win and wants to spend the next five in Milwaukee.
What all have they actually done for him, besides pay him?

What all have they actually done for him, besides pay him?
Drafted him for one. He was in a b league in Greece with not much tape. We have heard rumors of others teams wanting to draft him but ultimately the Bucks did.

They have put pretty decent teams together around him considering they struggle to get premier free agents.

it appears he has a really great relationship with the decision makers he seems to value.

I’m sure he gets treated like royalty by the city as well.

All or most of this could have been accomplished in other franchises but it happened in Cream City as a Buck.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this is promising but if he can't recruit another star player to play with him, he may eventually ask out or the Bucks may just ship him out if they see they have no shot at a title

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Drafted him for one. He was in a b league in Greece with not much tape. We have heard rumors of others teams wanting to draft him but ultimately the Bucks did.

They have put pretty decent teams together around him considering they struggle to get premier free agents.

it appears he has a really great relationship with the decision makers he seems to value.

I’m sure he gets treated like royalty by the city as well.

All or most of this could have been accomplished in other franchises but it happened in Cream City as a Buck.
I guess I'll just have to chalk this up to a difference in language usage, then. To me, the phrase "after all they have done for him" connotes that the Bucks organization went above and beyond for Giannis Antetokounmpo, when all they really did was exactly what any borderline competent organization would have done. I don't think that he owes them for that.

I guess I'll just have to chalk this up to a difference in language usage, then. To me, the phrase "after all they have done for him" connotes that the Bucks organization went above and beyond for Giannis Antetokounmpo, when all they really did was exactly what any borderline competent organization would have done. I don't think that he owes them for that.
I agree with this. Unless a player professed loyalty to a city/organization, he owes only what his contract and the CBA stipulates. Teams seldom show "loyalty" to the player.

I think you have to look at it through the eyes of a King's fan. Compared to what the Kings did to help Cousins succeed, it looks like the Bucks bent over backwards for Giannis. In reality, they simply tried to build a team around him that would lead to success (which is what they are supposed to do.)