George Hill to the Cavaliers?

I would think that VC (or less likely KK or Temple) would be the prime candidate to be released to make a roster spot available in a 2 for 1 trade, if they can't trade them to open a roster spot.

If the Kings trade any of the young core (i.e. Fox, Bogdan, Skal, Buddy, Giles, Mason) for a freaking Hill salary dump, Vlade needs to be FIRED before he can do it.

But, for now....... I still have faith that Vlade CAN'T be THAT STUPID, right ?!?!?! :confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't like the "The Kings will extract some sort of draft compensation" line.

That reeks of a low draft pick.
Isaiah Thomas was a low draft pick.

I guess it basically boils down to one thing - either you trust Vlade or you don't. I'll stop now.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

I guess it basically boils down to one thing - either you trust Vlade or you don't. I'll stop now.
To be honest, I trust Vlade as far as I can throw him.

I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach that something mind-numbingly stupid is right on the horizon. :(

Such is life as a fan of this team.

If the BRK - unprotected - is on the table, that is a different story. Otherwise HELL TO THE NO.
I realize that the Brooklyn pick is unlikely unless the Cavs receive a really, really good player(s)—like DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams from the Clips.

But if the Kings are going to trade a player that is coveted and doesn’t hurt their cap in any way, it had better be for some kind of 1st round pick. Otherwise they are better off keeping him.

The Kings already have good locker room guys, vets and mentors. Swapping them for another gains nothing. The Kings already have a player of Shumpert’s skill set in Garrett Temple.

I get that George Hill is a nice guy and the Kings might want to do right by him. But if it doesn’t help the ballclub, a move shouldn’t be made. The Spurs don’t make moves like this to appease players, and they are still beloved. Good organizations do what’s best for the team, not the players.

To be honest, I trust Vlade as far as I can throw him.

I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach that something mind-numbingly stupid is right on the horizon. :(

Such is life as a fan of this team.
It takes a special talent to pull off Kangz moves. I always look forward to them with suspense and admiration even though it usually means more guaranteed years of Kangz .... but in a way, that's the beauty of it.

Come on VF. And some people win the lottery. Doesn't mean the odds of winning the lottery again aren't the same. The IT logic doesn't apply 99.9% of the time.

Woj and Windhorst are saying the talks revolve around Hill + Malachi or Skal for Shumpert, Frye and a 2nd round pick. That borders on lunacy. We have an asset in Hill, you don't turn that into two players you don't need and a bottom of the barrel draft pick while also losing one of your prospects in the process.

Yeah I'd officially be off the Vlade bandwagon.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Come on VF. And some people win the lottery. Doesn't mean the odds of winning the lottery again aren't the same. The IT logic doesn't apply 99.9% of the time.

Woj and Windhorst are saying the talks revolve around Hill + Malachi or Skal for Shumpert, Frye and a 2nd round pick. That borders on lunacy. We have an asset in Hill, you don't turn that into two players you don't need and a bottom of the barrel draft pick while also losing one of your prospects in the process.

Come on, ESP47. I could link you to at least 500 different threads where various trade scenarios were proposed that went absolutely nowhere. My IT comment was somewhat in jest. My comments about Vlade, however, are not. I do not see him making a stupid trade. I guess I just want people to show more faith, which is a personal thing of mine (and always has been, as I know you and a lot of the other long-timers around here are well aware). It's a Libra thing perhaps.

But pay me no mind. I know whatever will happen will happen regardless of what we say here, so it's just silly for me to take your comments as personal insults against my favorite King of all time. Sometimes I just can't help myself. ;)

GO KINGS!

Last edited:

Agree, it needs to be 1st round pick on Clevelands part at a minimum, not 2nd.

^^ I disagree. The Cousins trade was less than 1 yr ago and lots of info leaked back then and not just by the Boogie camp.

Lots of us jumped the off bandwagon when the trade happened last season. Some of us finally dusted ourselves off and put our faith back into the “master plan”. If this trade goes down anywhere close to as currently rumored, lots of us will lose faith again.

As someone pointed out earlier (Captain?), Cleveland doesn't have a 2nd round 2018 draft pick to trade, so I think these rumors might be a bit off (hopefully).

I looked in on a Cavs forum and from what I gather they want Hill. They also have a Love problem and need a center.
So could we see a Hill-Koufos trade? I believe a lot of folks under rate Hills value. If most folks around the league think he’s good enough to play as a starting point guard or two guard for the Cavs he has value.
Throw in a center and it just may be possible to get a Shumpert, Frye type of trade with that nets pick thrown in.

The Cavs get the things they need and we get a couple of second tier players and a pick most likely around 7-10

As someone pointed out earlier (Captain?), Cleveland doesn't have a 2nd round 2018 draft pick to trade, so I think these rumors might be a bit off (hopefully).
Could also be a future 2nd rounder. Hopefully not.

I looked in on a Cavs forum and from what I gather they want Hill. They also have a Love problem and need a center.
So could we see a Hill-Koufos trade? I believe a lot of folks under rate Hills value. If most folks around the league think he’s good enough to play as a starting point guard or two guard for the Cavs he has value.
Throw in a center and it just may be possible to get a Shumpert, Frye type of trade with that nets pick thrown in.

The Cavs get the things they need and we get a couple of second tier players and a pick most likely around 7-10
Hill is the perfect guy available for what the Cavs run. He's one of the best shooters in the league. Let Lebron kicking the ball out and having Hill shoot is a massive upgrade over what they have going on over there. The Cavs shouldn't have any leverage here so if we get burnt on this trade, I really don't know what else can be said other than the obvious. Hopefully these rumors are lopsided like VF's post says they may be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
^^ I disagree. The Cousins trade was less than 1 yr ago and lots of info leaked back then and not just by the Boogie camp.

Lots of us jumped the off bandwagon when the trade happened last season. Some of us finally dusted ourselves off and put our faith back into the “master plan”. If this trade goes down anywhere close to as currently rumored, lots of us will lose faith again.
Care to share some links? As I recall, it was a pretty big SURPRISE to everybody watching the All-Star Game.

EDIT: You know what? Never mind. I'm not going to revisit that trade, those rumors, etc. You're free to have your opinion. Have a nice night.

Skal is a boom or bust prospect, but he's more closer to busting than booming. WITH THAT BEING SAID, he's the type of player a rebuilding team bets on. There's no real rush to trade him, so I don't see why there's urgency to dump him.

If anything, I'd dump Frank, Malachi, Papagiannis, and Jackson before I decide to dump Skal for a roster spot.

Vlade don't F$#! this up!!!!!

If you need a roster spot for a Hill salary dump and you can't trade a vet, just release VC, so he can join up with a contender in his final year. Trust me, you would be doing him a big favor!

And for goodness sake, get the Cavs late 1st round pick for Hill, because you sure damn don't need Shumpert or Frye!!!

Just DON'T freaking trade or release one of our young players just to open up a damn roster spot!!!

Vlade don't F$#! this up!!!!!

If you need a roster spot for a Hill salary dump and you can't trade a vet, just release VC, so he can join up with a contender in his final year. Trust me, you would be doing him a big favor!

And for goodness sake, get the Cavs late 1st round pick for Hill, because you sure damn don't need Shumpert or Frye!!!

Just DON'T freaking trade or release one of our young players just to open up a damn roster spot!!!
And how do you propose this gets done WITHOUT taking back matching salary?

I wonder if Skal has been made available because the FO has decided to invest in Willie and are also super high on Giles? Also Ayton and Bagley are big possibilities here in a few months.