George Hill to the Cavaliers?

We will keep Fox, Bogie and WCS. Hill + youngster for a bad contract and the draft pick. If Vlade can find a way to do it without trading Buddy, Skal, or Papa, then gj on him.

Woj is reporting:

Sacramento has to clear a roster spot to take on one or two additional players in a deal with Cleveland and has been discussing deals for young forwards Malachi Richardson and Skal Labissiere to clear roster spots, league sources said.

Frye would be eager to negotiate a buyout with the Kings on his $7.4 million expiring contract, league sources said.
So, what's that's all adding up to is the Kings trading George Hill and Malachi OR Skal just so they can acquire Iman freaking Shumpert??

I mean, Shumpert is a good defender and only 27 .... but we're not talking about vintage Ron Artest here. And we already have a player like him here in Garrett Temple, who is probably better offensively.

If Vlade makes these trades and doesn't get a 1st round pick in return ... he's either the worst GM in all of sports or Dan Gilbert/LeBron James have compromising photos of him and Peja.

What's being reported makes ZERO sense from a Sacramento Kings perspective.

Woj is reporting:

So, what's that's all adding up to is the Kings trading George Hill and Malachi OR Skal just so they can acquire Iman freaking Shumpert??

I mean, Shumpert is a good defender and only 27 .... but we're not talking about vintage Ron Artest here. And we already have a player like him here in Garrett Temple, who is probably better offensively.

If Vlade makes these trades and doesn't get a 1st round pick in return ... he's either the worst GM in all of sports or Dan Gilbert/LeBron James have compromising photos of him and Peja.

What's being reported makes ZERO sense from a Sacramento Kings perspective.

Honestly, they need to cut bait and cutting some salary along with the negative vibes of an unhappy veteran is the key. If the Kings trade Skal with him they should get the Brooklyn pick to be honest. Malachi is iffy because the Kings have too many wings so his one shot was probably last year and he got hurt so that's how quick things can change. Clevelands first if legal for the Kings to acquire is going to be in the 20's anyhow and the Kings don't need more youth depth.

If Skal gets traded for less than a top 10 pick and/or a really promising young player it's going to be really hard to continue following this team because I will have lost a lot of faith in Vlade.

I have never been a fan of Shumpert. It is also highly expected that Frye will expect to be waived/bought out. So what does that leave us with? The only second round pick (which seems to be what has been discussed) that CLE has for the next 3 years is MIA's 2018, if I am not mistaken. Pass.

As for which of our youngster's might be involved, I wouldn't start swinging the pitch forks, yet. Malachi I can live with. Too many guards to even see what he can do properly. Now, if Skal goes, without a top pick coming back? I am going to be disappointed to a degree I won't express on a family friendly board.

Its pretty clear that for some reason or another, Skal is not Joerger's favorite. He has been getting sporadic minutes. Having said all that, he is probably our best young prospect other than those that are semi established (i.e. WCS, Buddy, Bogdan, Fox) so he has some value. I am not counting Giles as we really don't know if he is any good and I am always reluctant to believe the Kings word for it given the history.

If Skal is being sacrifised for a 2nd round pick, then it's lunacy. However, if we are talking in some way as Skal and our 2nd (not sure that we even have it) for Brooklyn pick or a mid 1st round pick from somewhere else, then sure, I can see the logic in that.

Let's wait and see how the cards fall on this one before we start canning Vlade and the rest of the front office.

It would be a deal giving away VCarter first id assume. Next would be Temple koufus zbo or temple.
I didn't even think about that. The simple fix is to waive Carter. He signs with the Raps giving all of the NBA it's wish and the Kings take another one of Joergers toys away from him. VC was the best "mentor" but I think this would be a good sign that the Kings are all in with their young guns which is a positive sign for those young players.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We are a rebuilding team. A rebuilding team DOES NOT trade away a player like Skal Labissiere to get a second round pick and some salary relief they don't need. DOES NOT. DOES NOT. If the BRK - unprotected - is on the table, that is a different story. Otherwise HELL TO THE NO.

Vlade, do you hear me? Are you listening?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If the Kings trade away any of their young pieces I riot.

Okay, if they trade Malachi I'll be salty, but more or less okay.

If they trade Skal, I'm done with Vlade and very likely this team. Go Pels.

My cards are on the table now.

If Skal goes an we are not getting back the BKN pick or other pick around 10, that might be last straw for me. Been a big Vlade and Vivek supporter, but that would do it for me. So sick of stupid moves that make no sense.

The report just saying "kings WANT Sgumper, Frye for hill" i find annoying lol if we are not after a 1st then there is no point in trading Hill. He will be more valuable next year to the team and as a trade chip. We dont have to do anything ESPECIALLY for more "vets"

If the Kings trade away any of their young pieces I riot.

Okay, if they trade Malachi I'll be salty, but more or less okay.

If they trade Skal, I'm done with Vlade and very likely this team. Go Pels.

My cards are on the table now.
Which is stupid because Jason Jones reported earlier that they're looking to move someone and there was interest from other teams in the other vets. Hell, you could waive or buyout someone last year like with Matt Barnes last year.

Their priorities are all out of whack.

Since the other quick and easy option is waiving Carter I can't be on board with any youth trade that doesn't result in at least a 2019 1st rounder coming back. I'm not stoked on another deep 20's pick, and not totally stoked about it in this upcoming draft. I think Grayson Allen is one of the better projected players in that range and the Kings certainly don't have room for him. This draft looks OK down to about 15 and then it really depends on who teams like because there is no real consensus.

I've got to believe that Cavs or some other team has Skal on dream-list and that's why the Skal name in the news. Skal should be untouchable unless Kings get back a young All Star or a top 3 pick. No way in hell do you give up Skal for cap room or a mid round 1st.
This is the same guy who sent two pick swaps, an unprotected 1st and a recent lottery pick for cap relief.

This is the guy whose dream lottery selection is Papagiannis.

This is the guy who fumbled the Cousins trade so much he had to eventually rush through a worse deal.

I'm hopeful that's it as well, but I'm not holding my breath.