Frustrated Kings enduring most disappointing season in over a decade

N

NBC Sports BayArea

The last thing the Kings needed Wednesday evening was a visit from Luka Doncic. The budding superstar, who the team passed on during the 2018 NBA Draft, ran over Sacramento on the way to his NBA leading 12th triple-double of the season. Adding to the frustration of the night, with a 127-123 loss, Sacramento fell 11 games under .500 and finished the first half of the season at 15-26.

Continue reading...

Ham misspoke in this article. The Kings were not in 14th in the west when he wrote it, they were tied for 13th/14th with the Pelicans. NO won tonight so now he's correct, but he jumped the gun.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There is one part of the article I agree with:

"I understand their frustration, but like I said, I'm going to keep shooting the ball," Hield continued. "When I make a three they like me, when I don't, they hate you. That's how Sacramento fans are, man, so you've got to embrace it."
Hield is wrong. This is not how Sacramento fans are. They are loyal to a fault and at this point, they are being tested.
Fans are voicing their angst because they feel like they were sold a "Super Team, just young" and now the Kings are neither super, nor young.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Damn. He makes another good point:

This isn't a Luke Walton issue, despite the fan rhetoric. Yes, he has an over-reliance on a few veterans, but he's also had his core of Hield, De'Aaron Fox, Marvin Bagley, Harrison Barnes, Richaun Holmes and Bogdan Bogdanovic healthy for just one game this season.
Not only has this group of players missed a combined 59 games, they rarely have practiced together or had time to build any continuity in a new system. Getting everyone healthy is only going to create its own set of issues.