From ESPN.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
That last post was missing a tag:

[DRIPPING WITH SARCASM]I'll give no credit what so ever, I'm actually watching old Kings games right now and I've had Adelman and Webber digitally removed.[/DRIPPING WITH SARCASM]

VF21 said:
shaka - thesanityannex is saying he's excited for the future. It doesn't matter who coached those players in the past. sanity is looking forward to more Bonzi and Artest, more development of Kevin, etc.

You may want to continue to give credit to Webber and Adelman, but they're gone. Whatever happens now isn't because OR in spite of them.

The Kings are dead. Long live the Kings.

thesanityannex - I think shaka just wants to see Adelman and futher back Webber get the credit for what most of us will remember as the GLORY DAYS, at least until some new glory days come along.

quickdog - Nice catch.

;)
Good post VF. That sums it up.

I agree with the earlier posts though. There is a lot of negativity around the Maloofs right now so it seems like they can do no right. But they have the luxury of taking their time on this so why not explore all options. Particularly Marc Iavaroni from Phoenix. The guy has a great resume (Riley, Fratello, D'Antoni) and is a particularly good big man coach.

T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:
That last post was missing a tag:

[DRIPPING WITH SARCASM]I'll give no credit what so ever, I'm actually watching old Kings games right now and I've had Adelman and Webber digitally removed.[/DRIPPING WITH SARCASM]
At least someone got it.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Most of us couldn't possibly care less what you do or don't digitally remove. If you want to refuse to acknowledge the contributions of people like Rick Adelman and Chris Webber to the Kings, that's fine. Just don't expect much agreement on a KINGS board populated by fans who have followed this franchise long enough to know what players like Webber and coaches like Adelman can mean.

It's one thing to be critical but to act as though neither of them did anything for our team is just being contrary.

Have a nice day.
I thought the digitally removed line was a big enough ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You live in LA, right? For all I know, you could have had it done.

Sorry, sanity, but your sarcasm isn't always clear...at least not to me.

hammystyle said:
Good post VF. That sums it up.

I agree with the earlier posts though. There is a lot of negativity around the Maloofs right now so it seems like they can do no right. But they have the luxury of taking their time on this so why not explore all options. Particularly Marc Iavaroni from Phoenix. The guy has a great resume (Riley, Fratello, D'Antoni) and is a particularly good big man coach.
Let me be one of the few sane people that says I have no ill will towards the Maloofs and no negative feelings. I feel lucky to have them as the owners of the team that I follow.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It isn't the Maloofs; it's some of their decisions.

And it appears the hue and cry over their apparent decision to make Whisenant the new head coach may have caused them to step back and rethink.

If I didn't respect their processes before, this causes me to rethink MY position. If they are, in fact, willing to at least consider the opinon of fans, that's amazing and wonderful.

:)

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
You live in LA, right? For all I know, you could have had it done.

Sorry, sanity, but your sarcasm isn't always clear...at least not to me.
I think that is about as blantantly sarcastic as I can get. Reason why I left out the ;) .

Do you actually believe someone would really go through the trouble of editing out a certain player and a coach so they could re-watch games without having to see them?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
I think that is about as blantantly sarcastic as I can get. Reason why I left out the ;) .

Do you actually believe someone would really go through the trouble of editing out a certain player and a coach so they could re-watch games without having to see them?
Okay, way too much discussion on this. I read it quickly, I didn't realize it was sarcasm.

I don't know what you would or wouldn't do. I don't know you. I do know that you sometimes post comments simply to get people riled up. I do know that you like to argue for the sake of argument.

So, it was sarcasm. I didn't catch it. Sorry...

When you live in LA, it's really not that hard to find DKR (Digital King Remover). Von's has it. To be good sarcasm, it's got to go beyond the plausible, yet sound...you know...plausible.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
I do know that you sometimes post comments simply to get people riled up. I do know that you like to argue for the sake of argument.
I was actually posting this to make light of what Shaka Zula and myself had been discussing. I was not in any way trying to get him riled up, nor was I arguing for the sake of arguing. If you'd had let our conversation run its course, instead of attempting to jump in the middle of it, you would have seen this without explanation.

Bubble07 said:
When you live in LA, it's really not that hard to find DKR (Digital King Remover). Von's has it. To be good sarcasm, it's got to go beyond the plausible, yet sound...you know...plausible.
entonation kind of helps as well but internet forums are lacking in that regard.

wow22 said:
English is my second language, but damn.. you need to take a grammar class
Although I do not really side with what Shaka mentioned, I think it would be wise for all of us to be a little kinder. You never know what people are going through in their lives.

Maybe Shaka doesn't really care what you think about Shaka's grammar.

thesanityannex said:
I was actually posting this to make light of what Shaka Zula and myself had been discussing. I was not in any way trying to get him riled up, nor was I arguing for the sake of arguing. If you'd had let our conversation run its course, instead of attempting to jump in the middle of it, you would have seen this without explanation.
It's over man, let's move on

Status
Not open for further replies.