Lindsey Hunter
Anthony Carter
Baron Davis (ETO)
Shaun Livingston (Restricted)
Dan Dickau
Smush Parker
Juan Carlos Navarrow (Restricted)
Jason Williams
Ramon Sessions (no salary protection if waived on or before 7/1/08, thereafter full)
Sebastian Telfair (Restricted)
Darrell Armstrong
Jannero Pargo
Carlos Arroyo
Keyon Dooling
Louis Williams
Beno Udrih
Anthony Johnson
Damon Stoudemire
Jacque Vaughn
Jose Calderon (Restricted)
Gilbert Arenas

Let the games begin ... who do yah like? heres my wishlist...(no order)

Delonte West - Saw him play alot in boston, i love him just based on the fact that he plays with a ton of passion and all out hustle ... kings fans would love him here and hes a great backup pg/sg once a better option comes around but can deffinetly start this year.

Chris Duhon - I think theres potential here.. he needs PT

JJ Barea - Always liked him, i think he needs playing time much like beno did.

Sebastian Telfair - Also played in boston, and was terrible. he could be getting it together now though after a decent year in sota.

Beno Udrih - stepped in for us and played better than anyone expected last year, my problem with him now is that it seems like it'll take a ton of money and a ton of years to resign him and im not sure it worth it... actually, i know its not worth it.

I agree that Beno is not worth big $ or a long term contract. He did well, but just well. Not great or anything last year. It was also his contract year so he had extra motivation. The MLE is really what he's worth. He is not a player that worths more than $5 or $6 mil. If anyone pays him more its because they just need a PG badly.

No one really jumps out except for the few that we have no chance of getting.

I say let Beno walk and let Douby and Singletary battle out the PG position. The worst that could happen is we get a very high draft pick next year.

I agree, I don't think we neeed to break the bank on this guy. I like him and would like to have him on the team, but I'd also like to give QD every chance possible before we give up on him. I also think that the way our team is constructed, we we will be fun to watch while we loose a ton of close game.

I say let Beno walk and let Douby and Singletary battle out the PG position. The worst that could happen is we get a very high draft pick next year.

Yeah I agree. If Beno asks for too much $, let him walk. I rather have SS, Douby play point with Garcia filling in at times then pay Beno big $.

I think we understood by the end of the year that Douby will not be playing the point this season under Theus. He's a true SG despite his size and that's the only position that he will be comfortable in. Looks like he's gonna be the Eddie Hourse or Jason Terry type player. Garcia is more likely to handle the ball than Douby.

Our best bet is to Beno for the MLE, he's proven he can hold down the fort and will be a major asset down the line because decent back up PGs are in high demand these days.

I like Sessions or Duhon. Sessions badly outplayed Singletary at last year's NBA Pre-Draft camp, and he's more of a true PG (and he's much taller at 6-3).

and let Sheldon and Thompson battle it out in addition to letting Hawes play a lot. No need to play the vets right now. The young guys need experience and we're not getting anywhere if we keep drafting in the 10-13 spot every year.

Louis Williams has a whole lot of potential and is only 21. I figure Philadelphia will try and lock him up and they extended him a qualifying offer, but I think that aside from guys who probably won't be available (such as Monta Ellis), I would be really pleased if we found a way to get him. He's more of a scoring point than a passer, but he can really light it up. He could possibly get lost in the shuffle as the Sixers go after Iguodala and try and sign Josh Smith. Depending on how those negotiations go, we could possibly force their hand by offering Williams the mid-level.

I hop we don't resign Beno and either look for a cheap 1-2 year cheap stop gap solution or else look at some of the undrafted guys, specifically Demarcus Nelson.

Next year's draft has the potential to be a very good draft for PG's. Our kids need to play and gain experience this year anyway. So I'd be just fine with letting our youngsters develop this season and then hopefully getting a good draft pick and using it on one of the PG's coming out.

The worst that could happen is we have a lot of extremely unhappy vets (including "young" vets like Kevin).

As few early games last season showed, the team needs a PG, and QD, Salmons, and Cisco can't fill the role full time (Singletary can help, but unless we get really lucky, it's foolish to turn over the team to a second rounder rookie). As fans we might not mind losing, and even welcome it. Players won't like it (and even ownership, management and coach have not signed up on the idea of a total rebuild).

Unless we committ to a full rebuild, we need a PG who can help maintain sanity. I was really hoping QD shall grow in that role, but alas.

Not having a good point guard to run the ship may stunt the development of our youth. I'd like to see the kids get as much time as possible, but the games shouldn't be unwatchable.

There are a number of decent names on this list to serve as stopgaps for the next year or so.

I'd offer Beno first, but nothing more than about three years, $12 million or so. Maybe even go up to $5 million. But I wouldn't break the bank. Because there's a lot of decent PGs out there that could be had for the cheap.

So then I'd maybe offer two years, $5 million or so to a guy like Duhon, Arroyo, or maybe even J-Will if his knees are holding up.

Louis Williams has a whole lot of potential and is only 21.
I like that idea. The alternatives tend to be restricted and/or old, and/or out of our price range. Developing a youngster appeals to me a lot more than getting an lukewarm vet as a stopgap, and I'm not thinking that Beno's going to be a realistic option.

A

AriesMar27

arroyo/telfair/sessions/west/pargo(maybe) or trade for a pg like hinrich/ridnour/watson/jack

if indy would take thomas or reef id be down for tinsley.... or trade williams to nj for marcus williams... maybe even trade for farmar as a part of a artest/odom trade. id be so down for artest/thomas/williams for odom/farmar/ariza....

Last edited by a moderator:
arroyo/telfair/sessions/west/pargo(maybe) or trade for a pg like hinrich/ridnour/watson/jack

if indy would take thomas or reef id be down for tinsley.... or trade williams to nj for marcus williams... maybe even trade for farmar as a part of a artest/odom trade. id be so down for artest/thomas/williams for odom/farmar/ariza....
Wow, I really don't want a single one of those guys except for possibly Delonte West (but not really that much) and Farmar, and there's no way LA is trading Farmar. Sessions at least fits the bill as a young guy, but he seems more like a backup.

If we miss out on Beno, Louis Williams and we can't work out a trade, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Arroyo as a stop gap, although I wouldn't be thrilled.

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

none of them are future pieces that we could build around except maybe west or hinrich... though both are more sg than pg they are more like bibby than steve nash....

telfair and sessions are back ups....

Wow.. A lot of Beno hate..

Guys remember how the team was with Orion Greene right? Singletary has not played an NBA game, and Douby is not a PG. If we didn't have Bibby, or Beno last year this team would have been a 20 win team at best. I guess someone will say that would have netted us a good PG.. So it goes both ways lol.

I would rather sign Beno.. But you people are right on one thing, we should not overpay.

Jannero Pargo anyone? he would be good at keeping the tempo up. I liked how he played for the hornets in the playoffs except he takes too many shots. Really quick and experienced. and even if he doesn't start, he would be a great off the bench.

We have to get someone who's capable running the point because when you don't have anyone you fall apart at the seams.

I really like Beno but don't over pay him...but we do need someone capable until we can acquire the PG of the future.

I don't think the Kings would be able to sign Beno at MLE. They gotta find someone else.

FYI. You can take Juan Carlos Navarro off the Free Agency list, since he signed with FC Barcelona and is heading back to the Euroleague.

I keep hearing that the Clippers want a shot at Udrih, but nothing about any other teams expressing interest - I'm sure there's others. If we sign Beno to MLE over the Clips, maybe we could then trade him to them (or some other team) for one of their decent PG's. Better yet, a package deal to include Thomas for a miracle of miracle trades. No question, we absolutely cannot go into next season without an NBA starting PG - and our solid Euro-lefty is the best bet as it currently stands. I know we could let him go and start the season with some FA replacement (scrub?) or even Douby/Garcia by committee running point (yikes!), but I desire some respectable chance for wins at Kings home games, not a bunch of Arco dead like a mortuary blow outs.

Jannero Pargo anyone? he would be good at keeping the tempo up. I liked how he played for the hornets in the playoffs except he takes too many shots. Really quick and experienced. and even if he doesn't start, he would be a great off the bench.
I don't want a PG that takes soooo many shots as Pargo.