Free Agency Open Thread (NBA and Kings!)

Why are you opposed to Iggy??? The guy is a stud even at 33. He knows how to play the game. He would have been a terrific addition. I will bet the Kings were offering 3 years 60 million guaranteed. I don't know but I think that is a fair assumption.

If the Warriors are giving him 45M for 3 years when they have arguably the BEST small forward EVER to play the position in Kevin Durant, how could you not advocate for adding him to our team?!?! We just gave 27M (or more) for 3 years to Bogdan who has never set foot on NBA court. That's far more risky proposition than trying to land instrumental player on two-time NBA championship team.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Fine. Make them put their money where their mouth is.
Exactly this.

We're in a situation where we can easily have a ton of money for the next 3-4 years. Spend it on a young centerpiece talent? Sure! Yes, he's an RFA, but if the Wizards match, then they match. Nothing ventured, nothing gained - and if the Wizards match, nothing lost, either.

I'm wondering about a sign/trade on Porter, as I don't see the Wizards wanting him to leave for nothing. Can we offer assets like Jackson and another player and offer to take Mahinmi for instance?

Doesn't sound like he liked the Wizards initial offer

Looking like we're not gonna get anyone of note unless it's maybe Gallinari. Porter would obviously be the dream but like everyone's already said it's highly unlikely.

Expecting to sign Tucker and Lawson at this point.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I never have expectations when it comes to free agency.

Would be nice to see us at least make an offer to Porter.

Otherwise, no crazy overpays for people like Gallo or Milsap plz.

Get us some low key vets, call it an off-season. Haha

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Why are you opposed to Iggy??? The guy is a stud even at 33. He knows how to play the game. He would have been a terrific addition. I will bet the Kings were offering 3 years 60 million guaranteed. I don't know but I think that is a fair assumption.

If the Warriors are giving him 45M for 3 years when they have arguably the BEST small forward EVER to play the position in Kevin Durant, how could you not advocate for adding him to our team?!?! We just gave 27M (or more) for 3 years to Bogdan who has never set foot on NBA court. That's far more risky proposition than trying to land instrumental player on two-time NBA championship team.
Because Iggy does not sign here with the intention of being a mentor. He will expect minutes and if you are giving him 30+ minutes, that's taking away too much playing time for the youngins. This is not the time for the Kings to be bringing along 30+ year old vets IMO, you bring them along when you establish a core and cornerstone player(s). What does Bogdan have to do with this conversation? He is 25 years old, playing in a good league, on a short term deal worth 27 million, not a big risk. If he doesn't pan out, he can be traded or he may surprise us and be productive.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I never have expectations when it comes to free agency.

Would be nice to see us at least make an offer to Porter.

Otherwise, no crazy overpays for people like Gallo or Milsap plz.

Get us some low key vets, call it an off-season. Haha
Unless you are making a trade for a vet with draft pick or picks included, then I agree with this here. No need to be big spenders by any means. Try again next season and see if there is anything worth going after.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Unless you are making a trade for a vet with draft pick or picks included, then I agree with this here. No need to be big spenders by any means. Try again next season and see if there is anything worth going after.
There is that too. If we strike out in free agency (as per usual), I wouldn't mind Vlade pulling a Hinkie and getting us some assets + overpaid vet. As long as the deals are only for a couple years that is.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Well I don't think anybody has to worry about playing time over the kids anymore lol. If we can't get tucker or iggy we aren't getting porter. Just a few scraps here and there

Wait what? Kevin Durant isn't even the best SF in the league now