Fox Signs Max (SuperMax potential)

This contract is high but understandable - Fox will be going through most likely the pinnacle of his physical quality over the next 5 years. He is likely in the top 3 in terms of pace on the court in the NBA I would not be surprised if he is the speediest player in the NBA . Hopefully he keeps his health in good form.

Yeah except Oscar and Tyreke also averaged 5 reb
That doesn’t invalidate the accomplishment that was cited.

Not only that, Swipa averaged 3.8 reb. It’s not like he was far off.

And Swipa averaged 1 more assist than Tyreke so I guess he played the role of point guard and distributor a tad better.

Remember how he played in the bubble, he’s shown he’s ready. Plus he has improved every year, 21/7/4 last year on 48% shooting. Point guards usually take a few years to learn the nba game then put it all together. Look how Murray finally took off this playoffs after years of inconsistently. Plus I’m hype on Halliburton and how he can help take pressure off Fox. The problem was Fox never had consistent help if these draft picks plus whatever other moves we also make come in and do there roles it will help Fox’s game tremendously.
While this is true, and I’ve argued till I was blue that guards take longer to develop than the often uttered “big men take longer to develop” statement. Superstar guards usually make huge leaps by year three, and that wasn’t the case.

He needs to have an elite three point shot as a smaller guard to have that elite impact on offense because he isn’t going to have an elite impact on defense.

His shooting is a big cap on his potential that is currently an anchor he wears around his neck for offensive impact.

Last edited:
If Fox wants to take the next step to where he is considered elite, not just good, he must be working to hit the 3 with 35-38% or greater consistently. But, part of that is on the coaches and FO to get him the tools necessary (a great shooting coach) and insist on his work to that end (though i doubt Fox needs any type of motivation.

Honestly I’m a big fan of de’aaron but maxing him is an overpay for what he is now compared to Tatum, Mitchell and bam but I see it more as an investment on what he can be. Kind of like what Denver did with Murray. I was hoping he would take a little less but maxing him is something we had to do as a small market trying to keep their star player

Honestly I’m a big fan of de’aaron but maxing him is an overpay for what he is now compared to Tatum, Mitchell and bam but I see it more as an investment on what he can be. Kind of like what Denver did with Murray. I was hoping he would take a little less but maxing him is something we had to do as a small market trying to keep their star player
wym fox is the best outta the 3, put fox on the jazz or Celtics last season and they would have a ring