Fox Signs Max (SuperMax potential)

You know who is going to elevate Fox to all star level? Hali B! He will take the pressure off him and will make the right play every time. Fox is a smart player and now he has a high IQ compadre to run with. Cant wait for the season to start!
Haliburton is basically Bogdan. Not following how Bogi 2 will elevate Fox?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Remember how he played in the bubble, he’s shown he’s ready. Plus he has improved every year, 21/7/4 last year on 48% shooting. Point guards usually take a few years to learn the nba game then put it all together. Look how Murray finally took off this playoffs after years of inconsistently. Plus I’m hype on Halliburton and how he can help take pressure off Fox. The problem was Fox never had consistent help if these draft picks plus whatever other moves we also make come in and do there roles it will help Fox’s game tremendously.
I tuned out of Bubble Ball pretty quickly. Remember reading good things though.... hopefully it rolls into this season!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bogdan is heralded as a smart player, but he played anything but that as a King. From what I’ve read (I can’t comment on it too deep because I haven’t seen his game) Haliburton probably isn’t going to come in as a try-hard chucker trying to play above his level.

IMO he will be a much better passer, no hero ball and will also play better without the rock. His ability to set up his teammates with easy baskets will really shine and I think he can be just as good if not better beyond the arc. Fox will have another player he can trust on the court.

IMO he will be a much better passer, no hero ball and will also play better without the rock. His ability to set up his teammates with easy baskets will really shine and I think he can be just as good if not better beyond the arc. Fox will have another player he can trust on the court.
Dude hasn’t stepped on an nba court relax

Dude hasn’t stepped on an nba court relax
As I said in my post, it's just my opinion. Most of his skill set generally transfers to the next level. He was one of the prospects that was almost universally praised. His main weakness is his lack of strength. According to his interview with Sean Cunningham he played at 168 last year and is currently at 185.

Uh, dude. Bogi turned down a cheaper contract with the Bucks because he thought the Hawks were gonna give him a stupidly big contract.
And now they have Gallinari for 20.3M per for 3. I believe they still have $24M remaining but i doubt 20M will go for bogi if they gave the same to Gallinari... Prob not more than $17M which at that rate the kings should match.

True. And the rest doesn't count, right?
I've already been into this, it's kind of a dejavu.
Don't worry, I'm kidding.
Yeah, pretty much.

No one actually cares about his Euro accomplishments. It's stupid when you fail to account for them when you trying to make a draft pick, but no one actually bats an eye when you try to go around flaunting your Euroleague accomplishments at the NBA level.

It's the sort of thing that would get you laughed out of the room if you brought it up.

There are literally multiple threads, like five The Athletic articles, and a bajillion tweets about this
I read the Athletic. I did not see an article in Athletic that says that Bogdan turned down the Bucks deal because Hawks would give him a stupidly big contract. can you point me to it?

I did see multiple threads with speculation in them, yes, but that cannot be pointed to as the proof of said speculation.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, pretty much.

No one actually cares about his Euro accomplishments. It's stupid when you fail to account for them when you trying to make a draft pick, but no one actually bats an eye when you try to go around flaunting your Euroleague accomplishments at the NBA level.

It's the sort of thing that would get you laughed out of the room if you brought it up.
Right, there’s a happy medium between Euroleague doesn’t matter and “He has a Euroleague championship so he doesn’t need an NBA one”

Yeah, pretty much.

Still the Maxwell's mentality facing Drazen Petrovic...
Bogdanovic had accomplishments with the national team as well, don't they count either?
Personally, when I judge a basketball player I consider all the competition he played in.
Several hall of famer didn't even play in the NBA because it was another basketball era.

Bogdanovic had accomplishments with the national team as well, don't they count either?
Personally, when I judge a basketball player I consider all the competition he played in.
Several hall of famer didn't even play in the NBA because it was another basketball era.
They may count when you consider the basketball hall of fame, but it counts for nothing when negotiating an NBA contract. Hell you could have won the MVP 3 years ago and that counts for little if you stunk up the place for the last 2 years... Its a what have you done for me league.

In fact it may hurt you to be overly involved in international basketball because you dont get paid anything, the NBA team is the one taking the risk if you get iniured. They cant cut you like NFL. Teams can say what they like publicly but they absolutely do not want their guys playing international ball. I wouldn't be surprised if some type of mechanism to get recompense for injury to a player who got injured in international ball comes up in CBA eventually.

They may count when you consider the basketball hall of fame, but it counts for nothing when negotiating an NBA contract. Hell you could have won the MVP 3 years ago and that counts for little if you stunk up the place for the last 2 years... Its a what have you done for me league.

In fact it may hurt you to be overly involved in international basketball because you dont get paid anything, the NBA team is the one taking the risk if you get iniured. They cant cut you like NFL. Teams can say what they like publicly but they absolutely do not want their guys playing international ball. I wouldn't be surprised if some type of mechanism to get recompense for injury to a player who got injured in international ball comes up in CBA eventually.
I got your point.
Anyway, we can say Bogi played great for Partizan, Fenerbahce and Serbian national team. Played so and so with the Kings. We all know the reputation of the Kings in the league, so I'm not surprised some teams would like to get him anyway.

Here's a simple way to look at it. There are many who think Arvydas Sabonis had the talent to be oneof the greatest centers to ever play the game. However, he was not allowed to come play in the NBA until he was past his prime with 2 bad knees. As a result, you will find very few who rank him in their top 10 centers all time & some who wouldn't put him in their top 20. Ultimately, players are judged by what they do against the best competition, not on how they dominated against weaker competition.

Another example to consider. There are college players who put up big numbers in weaker conferences every year who go later than players in big conferences because of the competition. Sometimes they end up proving everyone wrong, more often, they don't.