Fox or Haliburton?

This is an ignorant take on sabonis. Bagley is a bust. Sabonis is a two time all star. These two things can’t be compared.
I really do not understand this perception that Sabonis is a scrub. Yes, he has deficiencies, that's why he's not an all nba/top 25 talent (and probably never will be); however, he's definitely just one level down in my opinion.

We suck so much. Lol
Things can change, but if Monte ends up doing a trade that brings in Jerami Grant for MItchell and a first, I'll be the first to call for his firing on KF.com. Bringing in Grant would effectively treadmill this team to a play-in celing for the remainder of Fox's contract. A true Middle Manager move.

Listened to the Amick interview this morning. Sounds like the Kings shopped Fox, but other teams simply don't value him, so now the Kings are doing damage control. Just lolzzz. Shoulda pulled that trigger over the summer, Monte.
Heard that too. My jaw dropped. Kings put it out in the open that Fox was available and there were no takers for what Monte wanted in return. In particular Simmons and Sabonis level players.

Heard that too. My jaw dropped. Kings put it out in the open that Fox was available and there were no takers for what Monte wanted in return. In particular Simmons and Sabonis level players.
Things are fluid, so we'll see, but just SMH. In some ways, I'm not surprised. Fox has regressed this year, but where he regressed from, I don't think it was ever as high as most assumed it to be. Other teams are smart and know his stats are inflated. See last night's game as exhibit #1.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Things can change, but if Monte ends up doing a trade that brings in Jerami Grant for MItchell and a first, I'll be the first to call for his firing on KF.com. Bringing in Grant would effectively treadmill this team to a play-in celing for the remainder of Fox's contract. A true Middle Manager move.
You know that’s exactly what’s going to happen. Lmao

I really don't understand the point of pushing the narrative out to the public that Fox is staying and we're building around him... with still so much time until the trade deadline. Now they've boxed themselves in.... AGAIN. Does it really give them them more leverage with someone like Morey that Fox is off the table? I doubt it. I guess it makes Fox feel better, but he's been playing well individually so doesn't seem like rumors have really hurt him on the court. However, if a deal does come along in the next three weeks that we can't pass up, don't we look kind of dumb for making this pronouncement now?

I really don't understand the point of pushing the narrative out to the public that Fox is staying and we're building around him... with still so much time until the trade deadline. Now they've boxed themselves in.... AGAIN. Does it really give them them more leverage with someone like Morey that Fox is off the table? I doubt it. I guess it makes Fox feel better, but he's been playing well individually so doesn't seem like rumors have really hurt him on the court. However, if a deal does come along in the next three weeks that we can't pass up, don't we look kind of dumb for making this pronouncement now?
Yes and no regarding your question. Keep in mind the fans have short memory spans.

Middle managers fear their boss(es) and their employee(s).

Soon as i heard what the kings said about Fox i thought the same thing. Brought back what vlade said to Boogie, before trading him a coupe of days later.
What if the kings actually get a good deal for Fox? Are they going to pass so they don't look like idiots AGAIN? Or are they gonna trade him regardless of what they told Fox and the press, and look like total idiots, AGAIN? I really marvel at how many fans still support this franchise because they show not even an inkling of learning from their past DISASTROUS mistakes. The mistakes they make over and over again are so bad and so idiotic that sometimes it feels like they can only be doing it on purpose.

Soon as i heard what the kings said about Fox i thought the same thing. Brought back what vlade said to Boogie, before trading him a coupe of days later.
What if the kings actually get a good deal for Fox? Are they going to pass so they don't look like idiots AGAIN? Or are they gonna trade him regardless of what they told Fox and the press, and look like total idiots, AGAIN? I really marvel at how many fans still support this franchise because they show not even an inkling of learning from their past DISASTROUS mistakes. The mistakes they make over and over again are so bad and so idiotic that sometimes it feels like they can only be doing it on purpose.
Monte's walking a fine line. That's the answer. Sam Presti, who knows his job is secure, because dude has produced through numerous iterations, wouldn't feel a need to appease Fox and his camp.

I also find narrative extrapolation from unsubstantiated rumors amongst fans a fascinating tradition. There are several wildly oppositional reports regarding the Kings' position in advance of the trade deadline, and many from fairly reputable sources. So what's accurate? All of it can't be true. This is extremely typical of trade season, and the handwringing over the significance of these reports is next to useless. Nobody knows what any of it means, yet fans cannot help falling over themselves to issue declarative statements about what it all means.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Is anybody else irrationally bothered by the misspelling of Haliburton's name in the thread title? The all-caps formatting really manages to accentuate it.
Fixed. I normally just let those things ride unless someone comments on them, as mods get enough flack for "changing" stuff as is and sometimes it's an "intentional" thing by he OP. But this doesn't appear to be intentional, and someone (you) mentioned it.

I also find narrative extrapolation from unsubstantiated rumors amongst fans a fascinating tradition. There are several wildly oppositional reports regarding the Kings' position in advance of the trade deadline, and many from fairly reputable sources. So what's accurate? All of it can't be true. This is extremely typical of trade season, and the handwringing over the significance of these reports is next to useless. Nobody knows what any of it means, yet fans cannot help falling over themselves to issue declarative statements about what it all means.
It's still a fun time. Most know that tweets and leaks are made to influence the market value of a player or influence perception. It appears that when it comes to the Kings this season, there are so many rumors and leaks as a means of negotiation. To set the asking price for either side. A trade is almost imminent between former colleagues and friends who both desperately need to make a trade.

For all we know, Simmons could have told his agent that he doesn't want to go to Sac without Fox being there, and so the negotiations were reset.

What I’m taking away from all of this is that other teams don’t have much value for Fox and his contract.

I don’t know if there’s many Fox defenders left, but this should tell you that literally no one in the league sees him as a franchise player.

All of his problems pre-draft are relevant 5 years later. Nobody wants to build a team around a ball dominant PG who can’t shoot.

I think we need to move on from him even if his value isn’t as high as we hoped for.

Fox for Westbrook is gonna happen, isn't it?
I'm rooting for Hali for Westbrook. Then trade Barnes to Boston for Schroeder. Keep Buddy and Bagley. Then run a startijng lineup of Fox, Schroeder, Buddy, Westbrook, and Bagley. We'd discover a new universe with the number of black holes meshing.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
With more context - he is specifically looking for defense and rebounding. That sure isn't most of our players. Then he follows up by saying he "might be able to do it with a top-40 player who’s a great fit", but I imagine then he's asking for like 3 FRP on top of the players involved. And that's a no-go for me.

Edit: obviously, a lot of this could just be posturing for better offers from others as well.

1642712810962.png

Last edited:
With more context - he is specifically looking for defense and rebounding. That sure isn't most of our players. Then he follows up by saying he "might be able to do it with a top-40 player who’s a great fit", but I imagine then he's asking for like 3 FRP on top of the players involved. And that's a no-go for me.

View attachment 10855
A three team deal could give Morey what he wants. Players that would fit what he's looking for are Jerami Grant, Turner (though likely a no-go with Embid), maybe Siakam, Covington, and if you stretch enough Barnes. Though, if you think about it, if he really wants defense and rebounding, his best option is Ben Simmons.