Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Look. Bottom line. I seriously hope that McNair or his staff is reading this, because they ought to be. They ought to be paying very close attention to people who - I hate to say it - may understand NBA basketball as well or dare I say it, better, than they do.

1) This team, as currently constructed, performs moist oral massages on scrotally enveloped donkey gonads. Let's not try to put lipstick on this pig. It is what it is.

2) Luke
Walton
Is
Dead
Money.
He will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever remotely ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EvEr ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be an adequate NBA coach. Ever.
He must be fired on Saturday, November 20th. Full stop.

3) The only thing that is left in this ENTIRE COMPLETE WASTE of a season, the literal ONLY thing that matters, is that we have a former #2 pick - the highest pick the team has had in the last THIRTY-TWO YEARS - wasting away on the bench getting 5-10 useful minutes per game because our useless coach A) doesn't like him and B) can't develop players.

This is a tragic waste of potential talent. Maybe Bagley doesn't work out. If so, sucks to be us. But we have 66 games left of this horse manure, and at this point literally the ONLY thing that matters is that we need to determine whether that former #2 pick is worth a qualifying offer. But, as we've seen, Luke Walton won't play him. See #2, above. So...FIRE WALTON and bring in a coach (preferably BJax) with literally ONE mandate: play Bagley 35 minutes a game. Develop him. Run sets for him. See if he is worth the QO at the end of it. Walton will not do this (and frankly CANNOT do this), so FIRE HIM. Don't worry about this tack potentially getting us into the lottery, WE ARE ALREADY IN THE LOTTERY AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WE MIGHT AS WELL GET A GOOD PICK. GIVE UP ON THE SEASON. Develop Bagley, and see if he can live up to his potential before we lose him forever. Walton won't do it, so FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL. We have 66 games left to figure it out, that's it. Tick, tock.

4) If Walton isn't fired by tomorrow (well, looking at the clock, today - this morning) it is at this point 100% on McNair. If you can't see this, Monte, you're not an NBA executive. Enjoy LARPing in the front office until you get the can just like every other sad sack to try to run this franchise since Geoff Petrie left. Grab your crotch, man up, and do what you gotta do, Monte. It's your last chance for relevance. Nobody is going to give you the reins to another NBA team after this debacle, bud. Fire Walton, develop Bagley, figure out whether he's worth a QO or not. That's your season. Anything else, literally anything else, and I will be screaming for YOU to lose your job as well as the useless Walton until and unless you prove you're worthy of the job - and frankly, if you can't see what I can see 16 games into this season I doubt you ever will.

Are you an idiot, Monte, or can you run an NBA team? I'll know the answer by tomorrow.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The ship is done sailed on Bagley. The only thing that matters is who wants his 12 million dollar ender, and what are they going to give us for it.

By all means fire Luke though!

Then trade the entire rest of the roster too. (At least the pieces with residual Vlade stank on them)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seriously what do y’all think is coming from firing Luke? An extra 3 wins big deal when we bigger problems are best player can’t be a best player on a top 5 playoffs seeded team
The scapegoat snowball will roll hard once we can’t blame Luke anymore. This isn’t going to be a magical fix. The team is broken; and it’s broken because it’s unbalanced and untalented in addition to being poorly coached.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Seriously what do y’all think is coming from firing Luke? An extra 3 wins big deal when we bigger problems are best player can’t be a best player on a top 5 playoffs seeded team
Read the post two above yours for at least one answer.

This team has multiple issues, coaching being only one of them (the biggest one at the moment, IMHO - Luke should never have been hired). But player development and playing time/asset management are a couple other important ones. Luke is failing miserably at that (as well as the actual X's and O's "coaching" part).

I think given the limited time he's had so far Monte is the best GM we've had in quite a while. He's had a couple of things blow up that weren't his fault (*cough* Bogi *cough*) that would have helped this team, but in general he seems to be better at his job than some previous holders of the position. But this coaching issue is a HUGE stain - I don't know anyone who seriously thought Luke should start this year as the Kings coach. If this is Vivek's influence ($$$) then you should be up front about that. If this is truly Monte's decision, then this reflects poorly on his tenure here so far.

Well it’s 10:25am and nothings happening so I guess that I will decide shortly if I’m going to leather up and go ride to breakfast or just say screw it and drive….. and maybe by the time my food comes I’ll see the headlines LUKE WALTON HEAD COACH FIRED FROM THE KINGS….FINALLY

The Kings are only on a 2-game losing streak (soon to be 3 games).

Walton has survived not one, but two 9-game losing streak.

I expect him to be here this year and next unless the team really falls off a cliff. The Kings are on the hook for his contract until next and hiring a new coach is expensive.

I expect him to be here this year and next unless the team really falls off a cliff. The Kings are on the hook for his contract until next and hiring a new coach is expensive.
You very well could be right at least for the duration of this year. Very short sighted if true. With everything else that is going on in society, I'm not sure fans will be as forgiving or forgetting as they walk away. Quite possibly permanently.

Not the time to take the fans or their patience for granted.

how many tickets pay the difference between his salary and what an interim costs?

The ship is done sailed on Bagley. The only thing that matters is who wants his 12 million dollar ender, and what are they going to give us for it.

By all means fire Luke though!

Then trade the entire rest of the roster too. (At least the pieces with residual Vlade stank on them)
I think Bagley's biggest value is as an ender in a package - and then you hope maybe to move Buddy and Bagley for a guy who is a noticeable upgrade over Mo... but it'd be nice if we at least gave him the opportunity to play like he did the first year under Joerger. Joerger could be very frustrating but that team was so much more fun to watch than ... this.

Like I said, it's time to trade some of the low IQ players that the Kings kept for years. You can tell who are the low IQ players by watching the way he play the game.

Bagley, look at him...he seems like a ballhogger, has one way to go...attack regardless how many defenders are there....that's a low IQ player. Always looking to shoot whenever someone pass him the ball regardless if he's open or not...regardless if he's been struggling. These kind of players would not ever play within a team concept to make the team better because his mentality is different. His defense is soft and unacceptable for a big guy like him that allow even small guy to drive and push him away for layup.

Buddy Hield, a true 1-dimensional player, always looking to shoot which is fine because he's a great shooter. But outside of that, he doesn't do anything impressive. He's not a great 1 on 1 player and only rely on pick n roll to get open look. Suspect passing decisions and out of control dribbling and ballhandling. Has no ability to play defense, doesn't take charges, losing sight of the man he's supposed to guard, a poor man help defense, doesn't have the strength to absorb contact, worst of all...no one respect his defense in the league and pick him out to attack. Playing him to score may end up hurting the team defensively.

Just those players that need to be removed from the team. They're cancer. If you compare them to how Haliburton and Mitchell play the game....they're fundamentally on another level.

Another suspect player, Luke Walton (well, a former player...now a coach). If the players he have out there are not performing intelligently and play a brand of basketball efficiently, it can be the coach's fault and may have nothing to do with his intelligent and preaching but his style of basketball isn't doing it for the team. So in that case, you will have to remove the style and the coach to resolve the problem. But at the same time, it's the little thing that count too...the coaching of players that had just committed mistakes as oppose to being silent, taking advantage of mismatches in the game, attacking the opponents weaknesses. But I don't see many game play that the Kings play within the team concept. They're more of pick and pop style and never meant to look into attacking the opponents weaknesses. So in that sense, the team's intelligent can be inherited from the coaches due to the style that they have to abide.

Last edited:
The potential to move forward for these players and GM. They aren't stupid. They know how this will end anyway. Get it over with.

Then expect "FIRE LUKE" to be the Kings new fan chant I guess, haha. Maybe Vivek is hoping Luke will just leave money on the table to get away from that? Luke for as poor of a coach that he is doesn't deserve that treatment and that's on Vivek/Monte, not the fans.

As for the contract. So, they can sign Harkless/Len/etc. to contracts to sit on the bench, but won't fire Luke who makes half that total? Vivek must be a genius with his money hahaha.

Both Malone and Jeoger were fired fired before their contracts expired, I could be wrong but I believe the last coach who the ownership let go at the end of their contract was Rick Adelman. Why would you think Walton deserves or would get more time than any of the other coaches rotated out of Sac in the past decade or so?

The only basketball reason I could think Walton sticks around is if Monte has convinced Vivek that it was a multi year rebuild and Luke could be fall guy. If we are not stealth tanking this season (and I don't see any indication that this team was made to do that other than a big hole in the 3/4) then Luke is way past his sell by date. It's insane that we woke up and he still has the job after last night. Fans (what's left) are going to leave in droves.

Well, I guess Harkless was a glue guy. Just by running in circles around on the perimeter, it seems he allowed them to function as an NBA offense and defense.

Metu and Bagley might put up better individual stats and have flashier individual plays, but they kind of mess things up. There's a reason Harkless started for POR and the Clippers and why Metu's a fringe player and Bagley a bust.
Really putting this game on Bagley? The man had 9 min before being inserted into the 4th. Give me a break man. And harkless sucks, he's not making or breaking any team worth a dam. The problem is our scheme changes from game to game. We have no identity

Status
Not open for further replies.