Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reyes134

DC anyone?? Bobby J to be promoted as well? They did just win summer league together. I still think we need a trade to shake things up.

R

Reyes134

Dang, i missed tonight's game but to come out and play like sh*t after that TT's rant from last road loss is real showing that nobody wants to step up. Luke has probably gotta go but also do some players as well. Did they come out on purpose and play like sh*t in spite of coach? If anything, I thought they would have played harder.

Na. I’m not ready to throw another golden age friend into the Vlade pit. Whoever is getting this interim job is in a lose only situation.
Bobby is ready. He really is. And if the Kings don't give him a chance, somebody else will. He kind of showed a bit this summer and is already doing the same in the G-league and it won't go unnoticed forever. If they don't spark up, blow up time and guess what? Great development potential has already been shown with him.

The broadcast team along with Ham, were really focusing in on Walton. That usually means something is up, because they avoid that topic if it isn't
Ham actually went there with Tyrese, lol, asking his opinion about the crowd chanting fire Luke, hahaha. Good 'ol Ham. Tyrese didn't exactly seem to broke up about it or exactly run to his defense, just sayin'.

Seems par for the course to me.
It is really weird. They were competitive with that rotation. Len was clearly a plus player off the bench and the starting unit flows better with Harkless.

Walton does this thing where he presets a certain amount of games to try something different. Why? If you see it doesn't work as well after a couple games, (or in game) why the hell stay with it?

It is really weird. They were competitive with that rotation. Len was clearly a plus player off the bench and the starting unit flows better with Harkless.

Walton does this thing where he presets a certain amount of games to try something different. Why? If you see it doesn't work as well after a couple games, (or in game) why the hell stay with it?
My thought is he is a lot like Karl was when he was here. They are coaches that believe in order to win you have to play a certain way. That there is certain style of "winning basketball" at a conceptual level. Even if that way doesn't fit the roster or talent you have. The difference is Karl actually helped create the style the league is built around now so.... anyway.

Well, I guess Harkless was a glue guy. Just by running in circles around on the perimeter, it seems he allowed them to function as an NBA offense and defense.

Metu and Bagley might put up better individual stats and have flashier individual plays, but they kind of mess things up. There's a reason Harkless started for POR and the Clippers and why Metu's a fringe player and Bagley a bust.

Because he doesn't know how to make real time adjustments he just throws junk at the wall and sees what happens.
It has always greatly irritated me, how he makes a decision with a player or players, and we don't see them again for games on end. He can't tell me that there was no spot for Len to help us gain an advantage in any of these games. It's bad coaching, pure and simple

Because he doesn't know how to make real time adjustments he just throws junk at the wall and sees what happens.
I mean, how many times can you clearly expose yourself as clueless? Monte is a fool if he doesn't realize the next step is the one right outside his front door when people start questioning the roster he built and his talent evaluation skills.

I mean, how many times can you clearly expose yourself as clueless? Monte is a fool if he doesn't realize the next step is the one right outside his front door when people start questioning the roster he built and his talent evaluation skills.
I'm not sure what is left to be seen here. If Vivek or someone else is waiting for another shoe to drop, it's dropped.

My thought is he is a lot like Karl was when he was here. They are coaches that believe in order to win you have to play a certain way. That there is certain style of "winning basketball" at a conceptual level. Even if that way doesn't fit the roster or talent you have. The difference is Karl actually helped create the style the league is built around now so.... anyway.
I wasn't much of a Karl guy, but Walton isn't close to the coach that Karl was

Status
Not open for further replies.