Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So...the Kings currently have the worst DRtg (points allowed per 100 possessions) in NBA history. That's not exactly fair, because teams score more points now with the rise of the three-point shot. But in terms of DRtg relative to league average...we're still the worst in NBA history, going all the way back to 1950 which is when we can first calculate DRtg.

The worst defense.

In NBA history.

In NBA history.
Fire Walton.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
but I thought that a lot of us want another high lottery selection to compliment Fox, Bagley and Hali?
Nothing about Gentry's record really suggests that the possibility would be out the window. None of that matters. Hanging onto Luke guarantees a dumpster fire in the locker room. No draft pick is worth that unless LeBron 2 is sitting there. Even then maybe not with the new lottery rules.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nothing about Gentry's record really suggests that the possibility would be out the window. None of that matters. Hanging onto Luke guarantees a dumpster fire in the locker room. No draft pick is worth that unless LeBron 2 is sitting there. Even then maybe not with the new lottery rules.
Kings will show life I think if Gentry were promoted to head coach, but you're right, it won't move the needle much and you do this only to get a different voice in the locker room so dysfunction doesn't grow

Kings will show life I think if Gentry were promoted to head coach, but you're right, it won't move the needle much and you do this only to get a different voice in the locker room so dysfunction doesn't grow
I mean it could but yeah. There is always a little bump after a change but I'm not sure if Monte missed his window and held on a little too long. The perfect cut off point was after that first Blazers loss. You would preferably not want this many blowouts to mount up but it is what it is.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If not for the cry baby Papa Bagley, Dave Jeorger could already have brought this game to a playoff round. Walton is clearly can’t wait to leave this org. The body language is showing all the signs
Maybe if Dave Joerger didn’t flip the symbolic middle finger to the franchise by actively avoiding the symbolic 40-win plateau he wouldn’t have been fired.

Dude did it to himself. An insufferable jerk who happens to be a decent coach, but doesn’t make up for his mule-like tendencies.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
but I thought that a lot of us want another high lottery selection to compliment Fox, Bagley and Hali?
Luke driving the tank does feel like a pretty fool-proof strategy. But after all these years of losing, it's hard to imagine any single draft pick making that big of a difference. I would personally rather see the team building chemistry by playing well together. I'm also pretty resigned that I don't much care what happens at this point. I'm just watching because I like basketball and I have time to watch it again.

Maybe if Dave Joerger didn’t flip the symbolic middle finger to the franchise by actively avoiding the symbolic 40-win plateau he wouldn’t have been fired.
Vlade had already decided to fire Joeger before that last game.

I think Joeger threw that last game because he found out mid-game he was going to be fired. I remember the players whispering to each other in the middle of the game. Then in the second half, Joeger threw out the whole end of the bench to finish the final 2 quarters and squash any hope of a 40 win season. :mad:

StatMuse @statmuse
The Kings have allowed 120+ points in 7 straight games — tying the longest streak in franchise history. They currently have the worst single-season defensive rating in NBA history (121.2). pic.twitter.com/nwc9E24kA4
WTH happened to the defensive juggernaut team that the Kings were putting on the floor through the first 4 games? Those first few games of the season, the Kings looked really good on the defensive end.

WTH happened to the defensive juggernaut team that the Kings were putting on the floor through the first 4 games? Those first few games of the season, the Kings looked really good on the defensive end.
Honestly it was all just effort, which wears out after a while. You know the mixing stuff up, random full court presses etc. look sexy, but they really only help bad teams to be somewhat decent for awhile. I mean, do you ever see opposing teams/good playoffs teams doing all that? But I'll say this as well, we should expect opposing teams to score lots of points because we're pushing the pace too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I can’t believe that gets looked over as much as it does. In addition to the two whole seasons before ALSO UNDER JOERGER where we totally sucked as usual.

A half season of good ball before the league figured the team out does not make firing Joerger this franchise altering mistake.
I mean, I would have been fine with the blatant tanking issue had we actually had our pick that year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.