Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fact that it's the same dumb thing happening time-and-time again indicates that it is on the coaching. Even overcorrecting and losing in a new dumb way because you were hellbent on not losing like you did last time would have at least shown some awareness on the coaching staff's part. Instead the Kings have been losing the same exact ways in the last three years that Luke's been at the helm.
It really makes you wonder what they even discuss behind the scenes and what film is actually being watched, if it ALL. It’s just very very bizarre. Are some of our guys just lifting weights and sitting around playing video games? And what is the coaching staff taking about? It’s just beyond frustrating at this point because the potential and talent is there, idc what anyone says. It’s just a shame that we’re reaching the point of apathy again, this early into the season.

Bobby has worked his way up through this organization. That is not at all unusual for an team to eventually give them a shot at the chair. Again, he would be a logical option that you could run with to see if this current roster can reassert itself and if not, his career arc is mostly that of a development coach so perfect in a rebuild scenario. We have already seen is work payoff in summer league.
the more I think about it the more I realize big name coaches will never come here. Big players won’t come here why would big coaches come here haha. We can only grab assistant coaches that want a chance or somebody from our own system like B Jax. Basically we gotta hit gold like we did with Adelman

One thing though. Walton seems to be a pretty good cheerleader. That system was already there so all he had to do was cheer on the team. The issue here and in LA is he all of sudden had to put in a system. What did he run to? A lot of what he knew from his playing career under Phil Jackson and Warriors ball. As a cheerleader for a contender I think he'd be pretty good. A team otherwise has to be built to suit his needs and yes, nothing about his career so far has indicated he remotely deserves that. The only thing of note in Waltons career post Dubs is that he got the LeBron stomp of approval. And right after the fact they got a ring.
I don't personally put much value in what Lebron thinks of a head coach. He basically wants a yes man, where he can run the show. The exact opposite of what we need here

Last edited:
Bobby has worked his way up through this organization. That is not at all unusual for an team to eventually give them a shot at the chair. Again, he would be a logical option that you could run with to see if this current roster can reassert itself and if not, his career arc is mostly that of a development coach so perfect in a rebuild scenario. We have already seen is work payoff in summer league.
It seems like a low risk move to me. Give him the rest of this season to show what he can do, at a interim head coach deal. Sell the idea of a low cost move to Ranadive. If it works and shows potential, then great. If not, they find someone else in the off season, when more options will likely be available

And the fact that it's the same dumb thing happening time-and-time again indicates that it is on the coaching. Even overcorrecting and losing in a new dumb way because you were hellbent on not losing like you did last time would have at least shown some awareness on the coaching staff's part. Instead the Kings have been losing the same exact ways in the last three years that Luke's been at the helm.
This also reminds me that this team has players that tend to relax when they're leading big and then ONLY to get going when the other team is making a come back. They don't seem to have that killer instinct. There is a reason so many of the Kings games are close through out the years. It's like they don't feel an urge to play well until there is a drought, just like tonight's game against Detroit, everybody is shooting well. Why is that? Because they been losing? Or is it because of the rumor of coach getting fire? But wait a minute, why does it have to be THAT to get you to play well? You know what I mean? So, this team definitely have some mental challenge that they need to overcome. It is not good enough to play well, this team get no respect around the league...there's no time to relax because even the teams with losing record think they have a mental edge because they think they can beat you.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think you were first on this board to point out what this clown did to the Lakers major assets when he was there. Monte better start thinking self preservation at this point.
I mean, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Ingram turned into an all-star pretty much the second he got traded away from the coach trying to turn him into a point guard for no real reason.

Oh, and that's not to say Walton is to blame for not thinking a team full of PG's was ideal, but it is what it is, and it's what the GM did. This is just another reason why this is going to get ugly at some point. This is a holdover coach clearly not on board with the jacked up roster he has at his disposal. And it is jacked up mind you. Him using rebounding (which is clearly not the reason this team has disappointed in 3 years) as his focal point tells me the talk of him being on the line was not taken well by him at all lol.

This is the Fire Walton game for me.

Even if it's not for the organization, I imagine that will happen very fast if Walton continues to insist on full-sized lineups with Metu/Bagley at basically all times. If he had not changed course, I feel he would be safer.

The strength of this team is guard play and small ball. The rebounding issue is something they will have to live with.

This is the Fire Walton game for me.

Even if it's not for the organization, I imagine that will happen very fast if Walton continues to insist on full-sized lineups with Metu/Bagley at basically all times. If he had not changed course, I feel he would be safer.

The strength of this team is guard play and small ball. The rebounding issue is something they will have to live with.
100%. We were winning games by embracing our guard play and guard-heavy lineups. Our best players are guards, not Metu and Bagley.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m with y’all.

We’re still going to be trash though. The team isn’t going to get that much better. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Hopefully Gentry is the next scapegoat. I’d hate for another former beloved franchise guy to get thrown into an i winnable situation.

100%. We were winning games by embracing our guard play and guard-heavy lineups. Our best players are guards, not Metu and Bagley.
Barnes/MetuBagley/Holmes is a paint-clogging nightmare (Metu less than Bagley since they can make him a viable stretch 4, but he still camps too close to the basket too often). Harkless through no merit of his own allows Barnes, Holmes, and Fox to be better utilized just by being there.

The things this team needs now is
A. A coach
B. A souped up, starter level Harkless, AKA another combo forward in the Barnes mold such as a Miles Bridges or OG Anunoby type.
C. Fox to regain form and the other two of the guard trio to keep developing.

Barnes/MetuBagley/Holmes is a paint-clogging nightmare (Metu less than Bagley since they can make him a viable stretch 4, but he still camps too close to the basket too often). Harkless through no merit of his own allows Barnes, Holmes, and Fox to be better utilized just by being there.

The things this team needs now is
A. A coach
B. A souped up, starter level Harkless, AKA another combo forward in the Barnes mold such as a Miles Bridges or OG Anunoby type.
C. Fox to regain form and the other two of the guard trio to keep developing.
You're right about Harkless. They need to play him. Metu isn't shooting well enough yet, to have earned that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.