Dwayne Wade = Michael Vick of the NBA

If he keeps getting banged up... perhaps.

Both play a reckless style of their games. Both get many injuries. Both are their team's best player. Both are their team's leading skill position (PG approx = QB).

They even LOOK similar.

No. Wade couldn't copy Vick's "Ron Mexico" thing without it looking like Wade was copying the "Jordan in disguise" ads from around the first time Jordan came back.

Vick is more, "Fall down seven times, get up five," and Wade's jumpshot can't metaphorically be Vick's passing accuracy.

I have noticed, as have many analysts recently, that Wade seems to walk nearly every time he drives to the hoop. Maybe only a step or two more, but that is enough to give him a bit of an edge.

Obviously, that doesn't take away from his accomplishments...but every time I watch him, I can't understand how he gets away with it since the length of his strides make the travel all the more obvious.

I'm not sure how you could compare Payton and Wade, considering their styles are completely different and Paytons major strengths were passing and defense while Wade's is scoring and solid all around game. However, given the choice between the two I would take Wade.

sloter said:
I'm not sure how you could compare Payton and Wade, considering their styles are completely different and Paytons major strengths were passing and defense while Wade's is scoring and solid all around game. However, given the choice between the two I would take Wade.
Not me, Payton was nasty. The only PG in the past 15 years who could play defense. And I don't think Wade has the post-up game of Payton yet.

Wade needs to develop a jumper much like Tony Parker did. He needs to learn how to play with his back to the basket also. However, at least he is a nice guy with incredible game and isn't remotely close to being as arrogant as Lebron and Kobe. Lebron not so much but he thinks too much of himself even though he is a top 3 player in the league easy. He gets too many calls because some reason the refs like him.