Durant requests trade

Suns will get this done. They have the assets to keep the Nets competitive and they stay competitive themselves. THIS IS WHY YOU DONT GIVE UP LEVERAGE ON YOUR DISGRUNTLED FREE AGENTS. Everyone knows Ayton was as good as gone, but now will likely be the main piece going to nets to bring Durant!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This big three that never was will be the NBA’s question mark of the 2020s. Simmons game would have fit Kyrie and Durant like a glove. Perennial mega contender if everything broke exactly the opposite of how it actually went down.
I feel like Kyrie has been a net negative on most of the team's he's been on. He's an exciting player to watch but his selfishness seems to get old quickly in locker rooms. I'm not even sure what to say about KD at this point. Did anyone else see Kendrick Perkins on JJ Redick's podcast talking about his time in OKC? It sounds like Durant also likes to do his own thing and his inability to build camaraderie with teammates has handicapped his potential throughout his career. And Ben Simmons is the biggest "what if" in the league right now. He's a first team all-defense would be superstar who either doesn't want to play basketball or currently can't handle the pressure of max salary expectations.

All three of them are good enough individually that a team can compensate for their short-comings in the aggregate with a positive team culture around them but putting all of them on the same team is an idea that was likely doomed to failure from its inception. You'd probably need the Zen Master to make that big three work for more than half a season or so and the Zen Master is retired.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Gentleman I was talking to on the ship who seems a heavy betting guy says Vegas money now has him going to Portland. I don’t see how it gets done but it would make Dame’s willingness to re-sign even at that crazy money make a lot more sense.