Dreams of KD for the Kings

Funnily enough I think KD is much more likely to sign here than Klay. Makes much more sense for his career arc, and given his recent comments.

That said, I expect our chances to realistically land either to be hovering in and around the 0% mark.
Agreed. Klay is not going anywhere. He's got it good in Golden State and I think Klay is smart enough to know that he's not a true #1 option. Klay is such a smooth nonchalant guy too that I don't believe he'd want that kind of pressure of having to be "the guy".

Right now Klay has it better than anyone else. His life consists of making 3's and making out with instagram models. Meanwhile Steph, Durant, and Draymond garner all the attention.

Durant is from near my old neighborhood in Maryland, but I hate him. He is an undeniable talent, that nobody can really stop. But his attitude is terrible. I don't think he respects the game. I can never forgive him for turning his back on Bill Russelll when receiving the MVP, Most Valuable Punk trophy.

Durant is from near my old neighborhood in Maryland, but I hate him. He is an undeniable talent, that nobody can really stop. But his attitude is terrible. I don't think he respects the game. I can never forgive him for turning his back on Bill Russelll when receiving the MVP, Most Valuable Punk trophy.
Couldn’t disagree more...he loves and respects the game, and the game reminds his sole focus.

Bill Russell is one of the best human beings to ever play in the NBA. His presence made everyone better on the Celtics. I have listened to Red Auerbach in person twice talk about him in glowing terms. Russell has the ability to forgive people and act as a leader. I am just a sport fan. I hate Durant more than anyone else in sports by far.

Bill Russell is one of the best human beings to ever play in the NBA. His presence made everyone better on the Celtics. I have listened to Red Auerbach in person twice talk about him in glowing terms. Russell has the ability to forgive people and act as a leader. I am just a sport fan. I hate Durant more than anyone else in sports by far.
There was no reason for him to forgive anyone though. He said it himself that it was a chaotic scene and KD came over immediately to shake his hand and has always been respectful,

For some it's about more than just winning games. Remember, there were people here (myself included) who would have and did say the same thing about Kobe.
I hated Kobe, but would have taken him in a second lol. I want a championship banner in Sacramento.

And that was the crux of the debate. We all want a championship but at what price? Selling our soul to the devil was a dealbreaker for me.
Niners just brought in Richard Sherman this season and I was thrilled....so that tells you all you need to know about me LOL

We have no history with KD...no reason not to want him. Also, please understand that IF he comes here, it’s to take a direct shot at Lebron and his squad of frontrunners. IOW, KD would most definitely add to the environment, not distract or take away from it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Hmmm, I seem to remember Russell bad mouthing Wilt Chamberlain and the two of them not speaking for several years. They did eventually make up with a Russell apology. I also remember Russell being asked at the Sacramento airport by a passing friend how things were going in Sacramento when he was both Coach and GM. His response was as he grabbed his crotch, "I've got them right here". Russell is no saint!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If KD wants to come to Sacramento, and you don't want him, then I suggest you go see a therapist. He would automatically make us a contender. He has personally never said or did anything to me that would make me reject him. I will meet him at the airport and drive him to the arena. He can badmouth Bill Russell the entire time as far as I'm concerned. Russell was one of the worse GM's and head coaches the Kings have ever had.

No to KD. I want to win because of talent that we developed and grew with. If KD came her and the Kings won a championship it would belong to him, not Sacramento in my eyes. NOPE.
Come on. Part of being an effective and successful franchise is how you do in free agency. It's a tool, along with draft picks, trades, etc. that go into the equation. If KD signed here and we won a championship with him surrounded by our young core, that would be pretty special.

No to KD. I want to win because of talent that we developed and grew with. If KD came her and the Kings won a championship it would belong to him, not Sacramento in my eyes. NOPE.
AGREED. I want nothing to do with that chump. I will meet him at the airport if kings try to recruit him so I can push him back on his plane. If this means I need therapy then so be it. Would be an interesting session for the therapist.

Only positive about him signing here is I wont need to buy a bus ticket to boo him half the games of the year.

In the last 10 years I think only the 2014 Spurs and the first Warriors championship meet this standard. Even then, it’s questionable. Arguably the second most important player to that Spurs team was Boris Diaw. And that Warriors team still had Igoudala and Livingston. I mean, Iggy was the Finals MVP for that team. So...point of fact in that the Warriors have never had a homegrown Finals MVP during this run.

If KD wants to come to Sacramento, and you don't want him, then I suggest you go see a therapist. He would automatically make us a contender. He has personally never said or did anything to me that would make me reject him. I will meet him at the airport and drive him to the arena. He can badmouth Bill Russell the entire time as far as I'm concerned. Russell was one of the worse GM's and head coaches the Kings have ever had.
He would be just chasing another easy ring, slacker

In the last 10 years I think only the 2014 Spurs and the first Warriors championship meet this standard. Even then, it’s questionable. Arguably the second most important player to that Spurs team was Boris Diaw. And that Warriors team still had Igoudala and Livingston. I mean, Iggy was the Finals MVP for that team. So...point of fact in that the Warriors have never had a homegrown Finals MVP during this run.
There is nothing wrong with signing good players in free agency to put you over the top. Im just not a fan of signing generational players like kd and lebron because it feels like a shortcut to victory, and anyone whose ever worked hard for something should know that that the harder the struggle the more satisfying the payoff becomes. I don't want this city winning a championship to be undermined nationwide with comments like "the Kings are only good because of KD".

I also like the idea of winning championships with our "home-grown talents" but that's just not gonna happen. BUT that doesn't mean we have to be like the Cavs did it. We have a really strong, young team with a potential to be great. But to really be a contender we need some extra pieces that can get us over the line. KD would fit in great, but I'm also not a fan of that because he'd be getting all the credit. I rather have some great, not super star players. Just naming a few other free agents: Khris Middleton, Kelly Oubre, Tobias Harris (Otto Porter for a trade). Next to that we need another 1-2 solid players to really be a contender for championships.

Responding to a number of posts:

1. Although KD has shown a willingness to be in a smaller market and to avoid the spotlight, the Texas example is off. KD would’ve gone to UCLA, but did not have the grades to get in. You can read tea leaves articles from a years back where KD said he almost played with Russ at UCLA. He would’ve, but admissions killed it.

2. The cupcake thing is real. We’ve talked about money with WCS (as a proxy for what motivates players), but what happens when you can get the same max dollar anywhere you go? Location? Sure. Legacy? Absolutely. Lebrun went home and got a chip. Had he not gotten that chip, he would still be in Cleveland. If it’s legacy, KD is going to the Clips, Sac, Dallas, or the Bucks.

3. I love Kawahi’s game, but dude’s in full biz mode. He’s not going to play with one shoulder like Fox just did. Pass.

4. Tobias Harris has been great this year. That said, he’s not the kind of 3 that this team needs. Not quite a defensive beast. Doesn’t quite create enough at a decent clip.

5. My bet: Bogdanovic 2.0, Middleton, Oubre, and Durant. Bet they go after KD n settle for one of the others.

6. And from recent comments, y’all know KD likes what’s here already.

Last edited: