DQJ out indefinitely

If the key rotation role line is accurate, I wonder if Haliburton would have initially seen the same big role if DQJ was healthy.
Maybe that's where Cojo's minutes have been from. Because GR3 hasn't gotten much run as the 10th guy.

If the key rotation role line is accurate, I wonder if Haliburton would have initially seen the same big role if DQJ was healthy.
Maybe that's where Cojo's minutes have been from. Because GR3 hasn't gotten much run as the 10th guy.
I would guess the “key rotation role” mention was a favor to DQJ’s agent after the agent gave him the story, but maybe I’m too cynical.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So... did this happen this morning or awhile ago and it’s just now being learned?

Because I laughed at “slated to have a big role!” after he’s played a grand total of... zero minutes?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I was only barely paying attention in the bubble last year but remember he caught my attention with a lot of athleticism. I didn’t realize he was even a guard until actually right now, thought he was a swing man. Maybe he’ll be the man to take CoNo’s minutes.
He’s a guard in the same way that Bonzi was a guard. Physically he’s got the build of a squat SF more than a normal sized-two guard.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He’s a guard in the same way that Bonzi was a guard. Physically he’s got the build of a squat SF more than a normal sized-two guard.
Cool. He’ll be the big off-guard of the three guard lineup, CoNo can go to the Bjeli realm, and the team can let the guys who can handle the ball well and make good decisions do it all the time instead of trying to shoehorn the ball into CoNo’s hands over and over again.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So, educate me. What does DQJ do besides big dunks? Is he better than that other hyper athletic guard we had a few years back who threw up the most random threes?

So, educate me. What does DQJ do besides big dunks? Is he better than that other hyper athletic guard we had a few years back who threw up the most random threes?
I missed most of the bubble as well but I believe he brings some solid perimeter defense and positional versatility as he played 2-4

He is very athletic and an outstanding defender. He is also a good rebounder. Offensively is a decent 3 pt. shooter and usually makes the smart play. While primarily a 2/3, his size and strength allow him to switch onto PFs and still be effective defensively.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Imagine Kent Bazemore
But with a stronger lower body that enables him to really dig in against big wings and some 4s on defense. He’s definitely less polished than Baze but he’s got tons of good tools to be a good 3-and-D player in the league for years to come.
DQJ could really be an impact bench player for us this season.

Last edited:
Flashed superb defensive versatility (2-4), huge wingspan, very athletic which profiles well with Fox/Hali in transition. Type of player that if he gets a consistent 3-ball, he can be a starter in this league.

He looked good in the bubble. Nothing fluky about his play either. Just good effort, very solid defense, and a good team player.

If he continues to develop he could be a Kent Bazemore-like player but along De'Aaron and Tyrese's timeline.
I liked Bazemore back in Portland and what limited bits I was able to see while he was with us. I am into it.