Done playing games with Cousins... (split from game thread)

I just don't buy this. We have Cousins and had Gay. We have Lawson who has been starter caliber in the past. We have solid pieces like Koufos, Collison and Temple. Afflalo and Toliver have been good additions also.

We had a 7 game home stand. Unfortunately we had Warriors and Cleveland. All the other games where winnable especially at home. We lost 6 of seven at home. Before the loss of Gay, we did not have a talent problem. There is something else going on. What I don't know. I'm not going to blame the coach.
it's certainly your right not to buy it, but take a good long look up and down the kings roster. there are, indeed, a few "solid pieces." there are even a couple names who have "been starter caliber in the past." but even at 100% health, do you honestly believe that the kings are more talented than the nuggets, the blazers, the pelicans, or the timberwolves, all teams who are vying for the eighth seed in the west, all of whom sit below .500? i certainly do not, although i could probably be convinced that they're a wash with the pels.

talent is required to make the playoffs in the nba. very few teams sneak in on effort and discipline alone. that the kings lack talent and remain undisciplined--particularly on the defensive side of the ball--explains why they aren't running away with an eighth seed that's completely up for grabs. it's that simple.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nope, he didn't fall.
https://streamable.com/zn7tb

He was arguing for the entire 9 seconds. Cousins even lands perfectly clean, but you can see him clearly jump in frustration. Fans who watched it live would tell you the same thing. Lack of leadership is really showing. You need your stars to step up in the last few secs of games. It's perfectly ok that he missed the shot. It's not ok at all that he decides to stay back at argue with the ref. He does this at least once a game. This time, he just happened to do it at the end of the game in crunch time.
Thank you.

Nope, he didn't fall.
https://streamable.com/zn7tb

He was arguing for the entire 9 seconds. Cousins even lands perfectly clean, but you can see him clearly jump in frustration. Fans who watched it live would tell you the same thing. Lack of leadership is really showing. You need your stars to step up in the last few secs of games. It's perfectly ok that he missed the shot. It's not ok at all that he decides to stay back at argue with the ref. He does this at least once a game. This time, he just happened to do it at the end of the game in crunch time.
Looks like Turner grabbed Boogie as he went by. Boogies momentum and strength overcame Turners grip. Could have been called a foul. Boogie does need to learn to race back up the court to participate in the team defense. That said that one play is not why the Kings lost the game.

Looks like Turner grabbed Boogie as he went by. Boogies momentum and strength overcame Turners grip. Could have been called a foul. Boogie does need to learn to race back up the court to participate in the team defense. That said that one play is not why the Kings lost the game.
Why not? How many times a game do plays go missed due to these types of things? Or just being slow to get down the court for no other reason. How can other players give full effort when it is more important to complain then finish the game the right way?

I know Cousins tries. He has improved. But........

I'm willing to split the difference. The supporting cast can be bettered and will with the coming time, but Cuz is still not demonstrated an indominatable force that can be the backbone of a winning team.

So hopefully we can get some better players and Cuz can be a quality, middling all star with them also leading the way

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

One of those quality, middling All Stars who is All-NBA every year and averages 25+ pts a game. Lots of them. Kind of a tanned Brad Miller.
Actually Brad Miller was better. A multiple-time All-Star! Also made the playoffs! And cornrows!

You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

One of those quality, middling All Stars who is All-NBA every year and averages 25+ pts a game. Lots of them. Kind of a tanned Brad Miller.
And does what? He's nothing of Dirk, Duncan, Olajuwon, nothing of that. There is something amiss with him in being able to inspire teammates, impose will etc.

He's not that. Not at all