Domantas Sabonis

Unfortunately, he could average 30-20-10 and all you would hear is….”he’s just not the type of defensive player you can win a championship with.” The narrative will never change unless this team actually wins a championship. And no, it doesn’t matter is Hali ever wins a championship….because he’s the “right” type of player you want to build your team around.

I think that first half tonight was the best half of ball I’ve ever seen from Domas. Totally dominating.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yes...Where are those who immediately mugged us for making that move, claiming that we lost that trade? Because I wanna hear what all of them have to say now...:p:p:p
You must not have been on twitterX the past 3 days because they won't shut up about Haliburton's week.

(they are still doing it, and have doubled down with the "traded the wrong guard" chatter)

You must not have been on twitterX the past 3 days because they won't shut up about Haliburton's week.

(they are still doing it, and have doubled down with the "traded the wrong guard" chatter)
Love Hali, but I see Indy fading as the season wears on — just like they did last season.

Even if they don’t, Sabonis and the KINGS already have a playoff appearance and top 3 seed under their belt from last season.

One good season by Indy doesn’t somehow counterfeit the fact that the KINGS improvement after the trade has been far steeper than the Pacers improvement.

You can tell who actually watched this team last season and who just followed loosely from afar.

I’ve tried telling Warriors fans (and all other naysayers) that Domas’ postseason struggles were the cumulative of physical play and injuries sustained throughout the season. Draymond’s ”stomp” was just the cherry on top.

#10 just couldn’t perform as he normally could and would. And that resulted in a lack of confidence with his perimeter shot and the inability to challenge for rebounds like normal.

Under normal circumstances, he’d whip Kevon Looney’s @$$. And basically has this season, averaging 21 ppg, 14.5 rpg, and 7.5 apg against the Warriors.

But those that didn’t see the KINGS play much last season had no clue and judged solely off that playoff series. And still are.

He's too hesitant to take midrange shots mostly, even it's wide open.
Hasn’t looked that way to me. He’s even shooting the 3 ball well.

The only valid complaint I can see in his game this season is the poor free throw shooting.

Maybe he should start trying to bank them in like many of the players are doing in the Korean league. ;)

Love Hali, but I see Indy fading as the season wears on — just like they did last season.

Even if they don’t, Sabonis and the KINGS already have a playoff appearance and top 3 seed under their belt from last season.

One good season by Indy doesn’t somehow counterfeit the fact that the KINGS improvement after the trade has been far steeper than the Pacers improvement.
Why the need to diminish what the Pacers have achieved this year and last year? Pacers improved by 10 wins last year and that’s with Hali missing 20+ games. They look legit this year and a top 4-6 team in the East. Hali’s shooting splits are absurd and he leads the league in assists once again.

Both teams are way better as a result of the trade. Sabonis is the perfect complement to Fox. We should leave it at that.

one can also make the room temp take that Domas and Fox are on Hall of Fame paces soooooo
Yes….people point to Halliburton’s amazing stats, and they are amazing, while ignoring what I would argue pretty ****ing amazing stats that Domas puts up. Again, this is partly a biproduct of the fact that Hali’s stats, shoved into a computer result in a player rating stat that is near the top of the league. He may actually win a championship some day, but it is very far from guaranteed.

Hasn’t looked that way to me. He’s even shooting the 3 ball well.

The only valid complaint I can see in his game this season is the poor free throw shooting.

Maybe he should start trying to bank them in like many of the players are doing in the Korean league. ;)
Why not., although often neglected it's extremely effective than swish shots and definitely will boost his percentages. Dunkan's signature move, not to be ashamed of.
Anyhow, I believe it's his second 3-pointer of this season only. I lost count of how many times he opted for a drive or pass instead of shooting wide open midranges in the previous games.

one can also make the room temp take that Domas and Fox are on Hall of Fame paces soooooo
Sabonis and Fox compliment each other and both players can flourish and win.

Fox and Hali impeded each others game. When Hali was on the Kings, he deferred to Fox and was much more passive. I loved Hali’s game when he was on the Kings but he didn’t have that Alpha scorer mentality until Indiana gave him the reigns to their team.

Both Hali and Fox never would have reached their highest potential deferring to each other in Sacramento. Now they are BOTH on superstar trajectories.

Yes….people point to Halliburton’s amazing stats, and they are amazing, while ignoring what I would argue pretty ****ing amazing stats that Domas puts up. Again, this is partly a biproduct of the fact that Hali’s stats, shoved into a computer result in a player rating stat that is near the top of the league. He may actually win a championship some day, but it is very far from guaranteed.
Yes, both have elite level stats. Amazing how both players have greatly improved their teams. I will say Hali’s shooting stats of 52%/44%/93% is something only a few ppl have accomplished ever (50/40/90 club). It’s doubtful he maintains that by end of year even though he almost achieved it as a rook, but there’s a reason people are talking about it.

Last edited:
Yes, both have elite level stats. Amazing how both players have greatly improved their teams. I will say Hali’s shooting stats of 52%/44%/93% is something only a few ppl have accomplished ever (50/40/90 club). It’s doubtful he maintains that by end of year even though he almost achieved it as a rook, but there’s a reason people are talking about it.
What's his opponents percentages?