Domantas Sabonis Any Questions?

We don't boo our own. Unless you left and were a d bag about it.
I've been to literally hundreds of games and not a single time - not one - have I ever heard any booing of Kings players. This ain't NY.

On that note - I saw on twitter some Knicks fans feeling all proud that their little neighborhood gymnasium apparently got a little noisy during the Kings game there. I politely but firmly educated them on what actual crowd noise is like - and not just when a good team comes to town. Kingsfans still undisputed loudest fans in the league.

Last edited:
Booing is no fun. Acknowledging that a player once played for the Kings, and then immediately forgetting all about it, and moving on in process, seems to be much more enjoyable.

Unless you're talking about Olden Polynice. I remember booing that guy his first game back in Sacramento (when he was on the Sonics, I believe). Actually, I also remember the entire arena heckling him so much during a trip to the free throw line, he actually threw up a couple of airballs...:p:p:p

Booing is no fun. Acknowledging that a player once played for the Kings, and then immediately forgetting all about it, and moving on in process, seems to be much more enjoyable.

Unless you're talking about Olden Polynice. I remember booing that guy his first game back in Sacramento (when he was on the Sonics, I believe). Actually, I also remember the entire arena heckling him so much during a trip to the free throw line, he actually threw up a couple of airballs...:p:p:p
Olden Polynice is the OP OP.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

This hug sealed it for me. Fox knew right away he finally had a running mate.
Even before that he was just kind of pointing everybody into place and it was like we had a coach after 3 years. Obviously it was just a hint/taste of what we would see this year, but he had that big takeover energy the moment he got onto the court, and it also unleashed Fox to be Fox. The hug certainly symbolized that there was not about to be a clash of two alphas and we could breathe easy, but it really was insane to me how instantly his presence transformed the team even in its sorry state last year.

Even before that he was just kind of pointing everybody into place and it was like we had a coach after 3 years. Obviously it was just a hint/taste of what we would see this year, but he had that big takeover energy the moment he got onto the court, and it also unleashed Fox to be Fox. The hug certainly symbolized that there was not about to be a clash of two alphas and we could breathe easy, but it really was insane to me how instantly his presence transformed the team even in its sorry state last year.
THIS...to me is what makes this season special on all levels, and from all directions, no matter what the end result will end up being. I knew, coming into this season, that we'd be improved. I just didn't think we'd be improved so much so that we'd also be one of the top teams in the West. This ride has been one I will remember for a very long time, and one that I may actually never forget, even after I die.

Kingster wrote on the Wizards-Kings game thread the other night:

"The guy that I want to get some rest going into the playoffs is Sabonis. I saw some fouls out there tonight that I thought were intentional. On one play a Wizard player lowered a shoulder and just rammed into him. It sure would be nice if the Kings could lock into an upper tier playoff position, give him some down time and let him heal physically as much as possible. The way he takes punishment he must literally be covered in black and blue bruises all over his body."

You have to wonder if his sub-par performance last night against Utah reflected all the punishment he has been taking lately. Or it could just be this brutal stretch of games in March. Fortunately, Robert Williams of the Celtics is a relatively small center, at 6' 9", 237 lbs. Al Horford has nearly the same size, crafty though he may be.

Whilst I was sad to see Halliburton traded, I thought that getting Domas made it a win-win situation.

In hindsight, it is clear that McNair made a great call. I still believe Tyrese can develop into an exceptional player, but to put it bluntly: without Domas the Kings do not end the playoff drought (IMO). Not only he is a great player, he is also a perfect fit for the Kings, especially next to Fox.

McNair deserves a lot of credit for acquiring him in a well-balanced trade, proving to many of us Kings fans that we don’t always have to overpay to attract talent. Securing his longer term future with the franchise has become one of the top priorities.

My only question at this point is...

Can THE Domantasaurus Rex lead us to a 4-2 record to close out the year, thus giving us our first 50-win season since the '04/'05 campaign???

Note: I won't be disappointed AT ALL if we don't reach the 50-win mark. What this team has managed to accomplish this season, in itself, is worth celebrating and being damn proud of. The simple fact that we're even in the conversation of teams that can potentially finish the season with at least 50 wins is something to smile about.