Does OG Anunoby Want out of Toronto? Should we be in pursuit?

I think Grant's trade value is considerably less than Anunoby's value.
  1. Grant is 28 and Anunoby is 24.
  2. Grant could be a rental considering his contract expires after this season while Anunboy has at least 2 years left on his deal (3 years if he opts in)
  3. Grant makes $4 mil more than Anunoby this year, and it's rumored that Grant is seeking a pay raise in free agency making that gap even wider

I think Grant could be had for a mid 1st. I think his value is comparable to Barnes.
I agree, i think OG is a better fit overall for us overall. But to this point, the only comparable person available in my estimation to OG with respect to filling a need and being a high valued role/borderline All star caliber player. But I would much rather have OG.

Another option is going for both Brogdon & Anunoby but we'd have to gut basically all of our depth to make salaries work. Something like...

DAL Gets: Richaun Holmes & Justin Holiday
DAL Gives: Dwight Powell, Trey Burke, & #26
Why for DAL? The Mavs upgrade their starting C spot and grab a decent 3&D bench wing to further complement Doncic.

IND Gets: Dwight Powell, Mo Harkless, Terence Davis, Alex Len, Trey Burke, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, & #4
IND Gives: Malcolm Brogdon, Myles Turner, & Chris Duarte
Why for IND? They sell off their win now vets (even Duarte is already 24) for a bunch of expirings and a Top 4 pick. They move forward into their rebuild with Haliburton, #4, & #6 as the initial building blocks.

TOR Gets: Myles Turner, Chris Duarte, Chimezie Metu, & #26
TOR Gives: OG Anunoby & Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
Why for TOR? Clears the way for Barnes & Siakam to start at the 3 & 4 long term while they get an elite rim protecting, floor spacing C to stretch the floor. They also get another shooter in Duarte to help with their floor spacing and a late 1st to add some cheap, young depth.

SAC Gets: Malcolm Brogdon & OG Anunoby
SAC Gives: Richaun Holmes, Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, Terence Davis, Alex Len, Chimezie Metu, & #4
Why for SAC? The Kings eliminate the risk of taking a rookie and hoping he's ready to help the team win from day 1 (since McNair likely needs to the team to compete for the playoffs this season to keep his job). They upgrade their weakest positions (SG & PF).

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Brogdon / DiVincenzo
SF - Barnes
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis
Picks - #37 / #49

I'd prefer Vassell because we keep all of our depth and have the opportunity to sign a big FA in the 2023 offseason, but if McNair is really desperate to make the playoffs this season, perhaps he's willing to sacrifice that cap space in 2023 to make it happen.
I'd consider this. You still maintain your MLE here and can fill it out with Hartenstein or Damian Jones for Center Depth (with Queta as a 2 way) and a Martin Twin for SF depth. Target wings for 37 and 39 and pick up a few minimums for SG/SF/PF. Nobody traded away will make a significant impact for this team as is.