Does anyone know why footage from the 2005-06 season is hard to come by?

With Bonzi, Shareef and eventually Ron Artest in January of 2006, it seems as if highlights outside of a few key games in the regular season and post season are super difficult to find for whatever reason. For years and years I've searched for footage of Bonzi Wells slaughtering the Spurs in game 5 - in San Antonio - after a huge game 4 here in Sacramento and all of the fans chanting his name, and it's nowhere to be found.

I feel like the NBA archives quite a bit, but we can never go back and see it. Sorry, I just miss our Kings and wanted to reminisce about a time that was really special to me outside of the obvious glory days. That season was special.

Is it just a coincidence that a Kings/spurs playoffs game is being replayed on csn-ca right now?

I think it's game 3. What a phenomenally solid team the Kings had back then. Pretty deep.

That game winner by Kevin Martin was sick. Man, it's been so long that it was fun to watch a little refresher game

Last edited:
Is it just a coincidence that a Kings/spurs playoffs game is being replayed on csn-ca right now?

I think it's game 3. What a phenomenally solid team the Kings had back then. Pretty deep.

That game winner by Kevin Martin was sick. Man, it's been so long that it was fun to watch a little refresher game
That’s awesome! I had no idea they replayed that. What an incredible time and that game winner was especially incredible because I’d already given up on that game at least twice before the miracle happened.

Between Finley‘s timely jumper and Artest’s turnover, i was completely over it and thought we were on our way to getting swept.

That’s awesome! I had no idea they replayed that. What an incredible time and that game winner was especially incredible because I’d already given up on that game at least twice before the miracle happened.

Between Finley‘s timely jumper and Artest’s turnover, i was completely over it and thought we were on our way to getting swept.
If my memory is correct we would have won game 2 if bibby stayed with Brent Barry in the corner. He hit a 3 at the buzzer.

If my memory is correct we would have won game 2 if bibby stayed with Brent Barry in the corner. He hit a 3 at the buzzer.
Yep. That was the game Artest was suspended for

Coach Pop ran that patented play with Manu driving into the paint and delivering his quick wrap around pass with his left hand to the corner
for a wide open 3. I feel like they ran that play a lot after that game, in future seasons. I can always tell when they're setting up for it now because that shot still haunts me a bit