Dedmon Wants Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in the sea of Bayless and Smith, allow me to say, your lack of drama is much appreciated.
Even kellerman is getting annoying. Loved his analysis on boxing but it seems like he trying hard to match Smith and it comes out slimy and whinny. I am starting to dislike him which is too bad as I like him covering boxing

Even kellerman is getting annoying. Loved his analysis on boxing but it seems like he trying hard to match Smith and it comes out slimy and whinny. I am starting to dislike him which is too bad as I like him covering boxing
That's what makes them "analysts" more money.

I expect to tune in to an NBA related segment and listen to analysts talking about whatever next match is with real sports stats to back them up, like previous records, interesting players' match-ups/exploits, team playstyle clashing, etc. Now I get emotional analysis like how Kawhi Leonard really want to win against Lebron to prove who's better, or does it hurt his legacy if Lebron loses on Christmas. I don't want to hear how Stephen A had breakfast and spoke to Lebron's grandmother at church last Sunday and she said Lebron looks unhappy in California.

The worldwide leader in sports... Ha!

Dedmon is a complainer. He needs to go pronto.
Ummm no the franchise needs to find a way to get him back into the rotation. We can’t just drop 40 mil off the salaries cuz we want him gone. If the kings want to get rid of him they must build trade value. He has none right now and you can’t let him just sit on the bench

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ummm no the franchise needs to find a way to get him back into the rotation. We can’t just drop 40 mil off the salaries cuz we want him gone. If the kings want to get rid of him they must build trade value. He has none right now and you can’t let him just sit on the bench
Not true as far as no trade value. He’s a veteran that has a long sample size of what he can do. Plays good defense, rebounds ok, hits the 3 except for this year for whatever reason. Teams know what he brings in the right system. That didn’t go away in the small amount of games he’s played with Sac.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Giles brings more than Dedmon ever did this year. He can sit on the inactive roster while Giles learns,
does his thing, and begins to excel.

A guy who wants to leave is like living with death. I get your idea how much it will cost.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He's not going to get back into the rotation...nor should he. There are a lot of guys on our roster who would love to see time on the court, but you don't see them whining to the media about it. It's not about building trade value. Any GM willing to take him isn't going to be making his decision based upon how Dedmon plays right now.

Not true as far as no trade value. He’s a veteran that has a long sample size of what he can do. Plays good defense, rebounds ok, hits the 3 except for this year for whatever reason. Teams know what he brings in the right system. That didn’t go away in the small amount of games he’s played with Sac.
Or just tell them they will get the “trade away from sac player boost”. Like George Hill or Belinelli or plenty of others that play like crap here then go somewhere else and play well

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Straight up works cap wise. Would put a log jam on the wing, but can make another deal.

I've always like Harkless.
I mean, if the Clippers want to do the deal, jump at it. Normally I'd be concerned about thinning out our big men in favor of another wing, but we wouldn't be thinning out our big men at all since Dedmon isn't playing a single minute. Harkless is getting about $2M less, and is a free agent after this year. If the Clips want Dedmon, yes, take him! We can even throw in a second round pick if they want. We have plenty.

I mean, if the Clippers want to do the deal, jump at it. Normally I'd be concerned about thinning out our big men in favor of another wing, but we wouldn't be thinning out our big men at all since Dedmon isn't playing a single minute. Harkless is getting about $2M less, and is a free agent after this year. If the Clips want Dedmon, yes, take him! We can even throw in a second round pick if they want. We have plenty.
A little strange they're shopping Harkless since he's been a pretty decent part of their rotation, but also a little redundant since he essentially plays the same position that PG and Kawhi play for 33+ MPG. Harkless would fit right in here if we ever picked up the tempo again and is super valuable as a good defender that can flex the 3/4 spot. He's basically what people think/thought Ariza would be.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I mean, they are paying Dedmond 12 million dollars, they are allowed to play him. It's pretty bad if he's not active for this game.
He may not even be with the team. This relationship appear to be unsalvageable. If Dedmon isn't dressed and playing tonight, I'd wager he won't play another minute for the Kings.

He may not even be with the team. This relationship appear to be unsalvageable. If Dedmon isn't dressed and playing tonight, I'd wager he won't play another minute for the Kings.
If this is all true, this is scary for what is going on behind the scenes. How do you have your starting center go to bench to not playing in a matter of 15ish games? I realize he was bad, but you think the coaching staff would have some incentive to get him back on track. It really bad optics for possibly some deeper issues.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I mean, they are paying Dedmond 12 million dollars, they are allowed to play him. It's pretty bad if he's not active for this game.
If this is the case, it such pee-er. What is this? Sit at home and collect your $12 mill while your trade value goes down the toilet? This guy shouldn't be paid a cent.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If this is all true, this is scary for what is going on behind the scenes. How do you have your starting center go to bench to not playing in a matter of 15ish games? I realize he was bad, but you think the coaching staff would have some incentive to get him back on track. It really bad optics for possibly some deeper issues.
He might be such a pain in the arse that they don't want him the locker room.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He openly demanded a trade. If that's not the definition of "deeper issues" I guess I don't know what is.

NOTE: Discussion of Dedmon in the Suns game thread has been moved here.

Yeah Harkless would be a massive help he could take all over Ariza's minutes and some of Barnes the guy can flat out play and has been a solid contributor as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.