Dedmon Wants Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he's not played well. But it sounds like he's just out of the rotation without a chance at earning time back in. I don't really have any issue with him requesting a trade. He's not demanding a trade and the players have stated he's been professional. Not sure what else he's supposed to do. If you get hired for a job and then you're not allowed to do that job, you probably want to get another job.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I can't really think that Dedmon alone is the issue. There is enough history to know he's a decent spread big. We're watching a team full of 3 point shooting, with a few pieces being ELITE in that area, struggle. What's good for the Joerger is good for the Walton. When a whole team is faltering that isn't on the players anymore. It's on the coach. Even if it ended up being the players the odds are just so against that many players simultaneously struggling at what they do well you can't take it there in your search for answers.
You can't honestly believe that Buddy missing shots, some of them wide open, is Waltons fault. He can't shoot the freaking ball for him. I'm not saying that Walton is free of all blame, but the poor shooting isn't one of them. I think the entire team has gone into that, " Oh no, here we go again" mentality. Once in that, it's dam hard to get out, and it takes more than one game that you win by just a couple of points a game.

Athlete's in any sport play their best when relaxed. When they go onto the field of play and don't think about anything but having fun and kicking a$$. Doesn't matter the sport. Sometimes, some new uninfected blood will help get you out of your slump. Otherwise, you simply have to become mentally tough and battle through it. Point is, what the Kings are going through right now is mostly mental, and the constant injuries don't help. They merely present themselves as an excuse for poor play.

You can't honestly believe that Buddy missing shots, some of them wide open, is Waltons fault. He can't shoot the freaking ball for him. I'm not saying that Walton is free of all blame, but the poor shooting isn't one of them.
Its on Walton for letting him ball hog and throw up off the dribble fading threes. It was almost like lets let buddy be like mike and show him he's not mike.

You can't honestly believe that Buddy missing shots, some of them wide open, is Waltons fault. He can't shoot the freaking ball for him. I'm not saying that Walton is free of all blame, but the poor shooting isn't one of them. I think the entire team has gone into that, " Oh no, here we go again" mentality. Once in that, it's dam hard to get out, and it takes more than one game that you win by just a couple of points a game.

Athlete's in any sport play their best when relaxed. When they go onto the field of play and don't think about anything but having fun and kicking a$$. Doesn't matter the sport. Sometimes, some new uninfected blood will help get you out of your slump. Otherwise, you simply have to become mentally tough and battle through it. Point is, what the Kings are going through right now is mostly mental, and the constant injuries don't help. They merely present themselves as an excuse for poor play.
I've been very clear about what I've seen. Right now Buddy is mentally checked, and so are a few others so it's now beginning to transcend even good shots. I most certainly do blame Walton, if it's a question of blame, for the shots Buddy and the team have been getting from behind the arc. To make it short since I've already laid out my opinions about the teams shooting woes in more than one game thread, this team's offensive system is predicated on side to side ball movement and many of the shots that were created in the half court were difficult non set shots coming off curls. They are getting more set shots now but the damage appears to be done. They'll have to shoot through it or work on some other offensive sets in the meantime.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
What’s in it for Atlanta? Dedmon was on their team last year, if they think he was worth what the Kings paid him why wouldn’t they have just paid him. Currently the young non playoff Hawks have at Center

Bruno Fernando
Alex Len
Damian Jones
John Collins (small ball 5)

Why trade for Dedmon? Where does he fit with them? Why play him over the young guys they’re trying to develop. Why tie up cap space next season on Dedmon
If Atlanta thinks their system would return Dedmon to the same stats as when he was with the team before the Kings, he would be more productive than Jones or Len or Fernando. 3 years $40M is a really bad deal for someone sitting on the bench but the risk is a little less with the last year not guaranteed.

basically he was sure Dedmon wasn’t the only player who wants out and Walton might have lost the team.
basically.....but there’s nuance.

- when talking about Dedmon, i said “I guarantee he’s not the only one unhappy here right now”

- In talking about Luke saying the staff has instructed them to pick up pace, and the players have acknowledged as such, yet haven’t picked it up......that combined with the sheer lack of joy on the floor tells me there’s some losing of the team we need to be worried about.

so in essence what you relayed is correct, but I think there’s a lot of nuance

- when talking about Dedmon, i said “I guarantee he’s not the only one unhappy here right now”

- In talking about Luke saying the staff has instructed them to pick up pace, and the players have acknowledged as such, yet haven’t picked it up......that combined with the sheer lack of joy on the floor tells me there’s some losing of the team we need to be worried about.

Well Dave, this season's ups and downs, I'd think it natural for there to be annoyances. Keep us posted though. Thank you.

fair enough Dave. I appreciate you correcting me and explaining the nuance. I was driving to the Bay from Sac half asleep so wasn’t sure I had it correct. Your color is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.