Dear Maloofs

It feels like Cincinnati Bengals all over again, except the NBA version. Now the Bengals have had the same coach for the last decade so that point is moot, the point I'm trying to get at here is the owner being cheap and holding back the team from achieving a championship ala the Maloofs. We just have to hope that one of these days they will be gone, when that day will come...who knows, until then we will be in the depths of pickup basketball from hell.

It feels like Cincinnati Bengals all over again, except the NBA version. Now the Bengals have had the same coach for the last decade so that point is moot, the point I'm trying to get at here is the owner being cheap and holding back the team from achieving a championship ala the Maloofs. We just have to hope that one of these days they will be gone, when that day will come...who knows, until then we will be in the depths of pickup basketball from hell.
The Bengals made the playoffs last year, they're in some sort of contention this year. Whether or not the owner is cheap doesn't really matter if you're competing and winning. Not all franchises HAVE to spend like the Dodgers to be successful.

The Maloofs don't have to spend like it's going out of style to put a great product on the floor. They just have to spend a little and pretend like they give a crap.

Last edited:
I agree to a point, but I disagree with the fact that this won't get better as long as the Maloofs are around. If the Clippers can win with Sterling we can win with the Maloofs.
Major problem with that comparison? Sterling has always had a lot more money than the Maloofs. Money makes a huge difference in the NBA. The Maloofs don't have near enough to be competitive owners anymore. And that's not likely to change.