DeAaron Fox

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Man... there’s always a stretch per game when he just blows by the competition a few times. But also remaining more passive than we’re used to outside of that.

I think he’s a little more banged up than he’s letting on. Not “playing through/hiding an injury” or anything like that, but definitely hurting and it’s effecting his game.
No doubt about it. The shoulder must be affecting him more than we know, he is just not very aggressive on offense anymore. He's barely shooting the three ball like he was.

Take it you have never had a shoulder injury? They suck. Just walking can hurt.
I hope that’s playong a role, but it was a pattern he showed last year and I thought the non first few-weeks of play started a bit earlier than the injury. Does the injury necessarily have to affect intensity? If he’s that injured, not sure why he’s playing

No doubt about it. The shoulder must be affecting him more than we know, he is just not very aggressive on offense anymore. He's barely shooting the three ball like he was.
Teams are getting real physical with him and for the most part getting away with it. He’s barely getting to the line now and I can see the frustration setting in with him. He’s getting mauled out there.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Teams are getting real physical with him and for the most part getting away with it. He’s barely getting to the line now and I can see the frustration setting in with him. He’s getting mauled out there.
Makes you wonder why they are getting away with it now but not 20 games in the season? Regardless, that's not an excuse. You have to adjust to that and keep getting better and counter. With Fox, I have no doubt he will adjust accordingly with time and experience.

Makes you wonder why they are getting away with it now but not 20 games in the season? Regardless, that's not an excuse. You have to adjust to that and keep getting better and counter. With Fox, I have no doubt he will adjust accordingly with time and experience.
No doubt, another off season of getting stronger and smarter. During the beginning of the season, teams weren’t as grabby with him as they are now knowing thats their only chance to stay in front of him.

Kings player gets the whistle for breathing on his opponent: "That's a point of emphasis for the refs this year."

Fox gets slammed akin to Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant - no call: "They're letting 'em play tonight!"
I was so frustrated tonight watching Denver get away with BS. It's like watching the vintage Spurs. "If we foul on every play, the refs aren't going to call them all". I'm so sick of the NBA catering to teams that play outside the rules. If an entire team fouls out and has to forfeit, so be it. They'll learn not to play that way.

I saw Denver defenders consistently using their hip to bump Yogi Ferrell and De'Aaron Fox when they were going to get by them but no call. As you said, where was the 'point of emphasis' for freedom of movement? But Harry Giles tries to get physical with a larger player and it's instant whistle.

The one thing that has always bothered me about the NBA is the lack of any type of consistency with foul calls. It's pretty much just as bad as the strike zone in MLB. So freaking subjective and it really doesn't have to be.

Last edited:
I think Fox is the most important issue. Not being happy with the production of WCS/Bjelica/Shumpert/different players on the bench is transient, they are replaceable. Fox is at this point the biggest key to the Kings future (unless Bagley/Giles seriously develop). Which is why a lot of my focus goes to him in the game threads. If he shows franchise player stuff, the ancillary players can suck, if he’s showing possibly questionable traits it’s hard as a fan

Kings' coach need to turn DeAaron Fox's game into Russell Westbrook. What do i mean by that? They need to tell him to continue to attack the basket every chance he get because there ain't nobody that can't stop that with his speed. If you're not going to turn him into that type of player, then you're wasting his talents. You ask him to be a Conley type where he's going to pass the ball around and standing and watch.

There is one time when he rebound the ball and then proceeded to slow down and speed up a later realizing he can speed pass the other's team big men. Now why did he slow down for that split seconds? Because he was groomed into playing with the team or in a team concept. If the coach told him to attack the basket as a priority recklessly like a one man machine, his mentality would have changed and he would have drove by those big slow men trying to defense him running back.

Take it you have never had a shoulder injury? They suck. Just walking can hurt.
Playing in the NBA is a war of attrition. Notice how many times per game people end up on the floor. Everybody gets knicked up. They mostly play through it. Most people that have played a lot know all about injuries. I would take an upper body injury over a leg injury anytime. You do not have to run with your arms.

I was so frustrated tonight watching Denver get away with BS. It's like watching the vintage Spurs. "If we foul on every play, the refs aren't going to call them all". I'm so sick of the NBA catering to teams that play outside the rules. If an entire team fouls out and has to forfeit, so be it. They'll learn not to play that way.

I saw Denver defenders consistently using their hip to bump Yogi Ferrell and De'Aaron Fox when they were going to get by them but no call. As you said, where was the 'point of emphasis' for freedom of movement? But Harry Giles tries to get physical with a larger player and it's instant whistle.

The one thing that has always bothered me about the NBA is the lack of any type of consistency with foul calls. It's pretty much just as bad as the strike zone in MLB. So freaking subjective and it really doesn't have to be.
Great post

Fox needs a to take a couple games off. He has been playing banged for two weeks. I’m not mad at him over tonight he’s won games for us this year.
I’m not mad at tonight either. Concerned about the stretch. I’m starting to think there is a physical component to this. Maybe his frame is not allowing him to go full tilt for a season. I would’ve thought being light and just turning 21 would give him an edge in that regard, but maybe he needs to get stronger to take the rigors of a season

If he is truly that banged up though maybe he should sit a couple

Fox is playing hurt. Probably not an injury that will get worse by continuing to play, but it's enough to get into his head and change his game. It's probably also not something that goes away if he sits out for a game or two. He's a warrior (small w) and is not going to sit unless he has to. What is not helping Fox is all the beatings the refs are refusing to call. If I were the Kings, I would have my video guy put a tape together of about 50 plays in which Fox gets beat up and the refs refuse to call a foul. Quietly send it to whoever is responsible for the officiating. It may or may not be ignored, but it can't hurt to let them know that we see it nightly.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If the Kings had a healthy Fox over the last four games, I truly believe the Kings would have won at least two of the four. He's the difference maker on this team.

This is my positive spin on this whole thing. The Kings are learning from these situations in which Fox isn't healthy and they are losing close games. Even Fox is learning from them. We just haven't yet seen it manifest in wins on the floor. It's like an iceberg under the ocean's surface getting bigger and bigger. At some point Fox is going to regain his health. Then watch out. The combination of grade A Fox with the improvement of the rest of the team is going to win a lot games, even games against solidly good competition.

I must be old. I don't get a lot of the memes/gifs folks are throwing around nowadays.
so, in a book/movie series about vimpires and warevolves, there is a process that happens to warevolves where a person of the opposite sex can "imprint" on them leaving them forever more than in love with them. this guy plays one such warevolf and the main protagonist "imprints" on him which causes all kinds of trouble. and Kingsfan23 has been asking for Fox to leave his imprint on the game... :)

Well Jan is just getting started. Lets wait till the end of Jan and see where he's at.
It just goes to show that the refs haven't been giving him calls lately (or that he's a little tired/banged up) which is what a lot of posters have been calling out in the game threads.